Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
107 views
I see that for asp.net you can set your page format (like footer, page number) when you export a grid to pdf. I see it was added relatively recently. Do you have the same functionality for winforms? If so how do you do it?
If the function is not added when do you think the functionality could be added?
Thank you for your time and help.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2013
2 answers
169 views
1.I added programmatically a button to the navigator bar. Where can I find the handler for the newly created button so I can add my code there?
2.How do you add to the new created button the save image?
3.I don't wish the users to add/modify the buttons they can see on the pdf navigator. What should I do to disallow this?

Thank you for your help and time.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2013
4 answers
219 views
I have read you can use this to manually invoke the context menu.

this
.radGridView1.ContextMenuManager.ShowContextMenu(radGridView1.CurrentCell)
)

However, what if you want to display the menu and there are no rows? What do i pass as a parm?

Thanks,

Kim  
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2013
1 answer
237 views

Hello Telerik !
How to get Selected Index of items from Multi Select RadList View :(

  private void toolstripMenuCopy_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            string temp = "";    
            
            for (int i = 0; i < radListView.SelectedItems.Count; i++)          
            {
 
                temp = temp + listItem[radListView.SelectedIndex].ToString() + Environment.NewLine; 
            }           
            Clipboard.SetText(temp);
        }
 
//listItem[] ={ "http://www.picasa.........", ...}


Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2013
1 answer
350 views

I have a List called “myResults”. When the list contains at least one item, I’m trying to populate a RadGridView w/ info for the list; the GridView is called “gvMyResults”. However, sometimes, during this update of the DataSource, I get an exception saying, “Bounds cannot be changed while locked”, and a red X is displayed across my GridView. I added this Dispatcher wrapper around my update, but I’m still seeing the same error sometimes. It’s difficult to troubleshoot, because it does not happen every time. I've tried fixing this two separate ways, but they both still show the occasional error.  Does anyone know how to stop this “bounds cannot be changed while locked” error?

First attempt to fix this problem:

Dispatcher.CurrentDispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority.Normal, (Action)delegate()
{
    this.gvMyResults.DataSource = myResults;
});


Second attempt to fix this problem:

_Context.Send(x =>
{
    this.gvMyResults.DataSource = myResults;
}, null);
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2013
7 answers
167 views
Hello
i am not able to find fast navigation in windows forms in datetimepicker control.
please tell me how can i increase it from 3 months to 12 months
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2013
7 answers
242 views
Hi,
I wish to insert columns into a hierchy gridview before the glyph column.
Is there any way to configure a hierarchy gridvew to look as in the attached screenshot?

Thanks ahead,
Uri
George
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2013
2 answers
185 views
I'm using telerik tools version v.2013.1.32120

I want to populate a radGridView from an oracle or sas data table and then set AllowRowReorder = True and allow the user to rearrange the rows however they want locally and then I can handle the database update.  My issue now is that I pull my data down into a C# datatable on the client and then when I set it as the source for my radGridView it will not let me rearrange the data.  How can I change this to be unbound mode to allow the rearranging within the datatable but not on the server table?

using (OracleConnection oraConn = new OracleConnection(sConn))
{
   OracleCommand sasCommand = oraConn.CreateCommand();
   sasCommand.CommandType = CommandType.Text;
   sasCommand.CommandText = sSQL;
 
   OracleDataAdapter da = new OracleDataAdapter(sasCommand);
   DataTable dt = new DataTable();
 
   try
   {
     oraConn.Open();
     da.Fill(dt);
     radGridView1.DataSource = dt;
   }
   catch
   {
   }
  }


Thank you,
Jerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Aug 2013
3 answers
193 views
Hi,

I tried implementing File Drag and Drop operations from Windows Explorer to Gridview using Mouse Down and Mouse Up events but it did not
behave as expected.

Please suggest solutions for the following things regarding drag and drop operations of Grid view

1) How to perform drag and drop operations from Grid view to Windows Explorer similar to Drag Enter and Drag Drop events.
Is there any specific event to perform it.

2) How to get the current state of Mouse Buttons (Pressed or Released) when holding a button during drag operations in Mouse Down event

3) How to validate/ handle the Single Click and double click during drag operations.

4) How to terminate the DoDrag Event which is intialized by calling Gridview.DoDragDrop .

Thanks.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2013
2 answers
236 views

Hi All

I have a simple question regarding hierarchical data.

I have one table which I return as a data reader.

id (int)    desc (varchar)    parentid (int)
1            desc 1                NULL
2            desc 2                1    
3            desc 3                2
4            desc 4                NULL
5            desc 5                4

This table is self-referencing, i.e. linked list

I know the tree view can handle this relationship automatically

how can I implement this into the grid? can anyone give me a simple example?

I simply tried

this.radGridView1.Relations.AddSelfReference(this.radGridView1.MasterTemplate, "id", "parentid");


but it doesn't show any results in the table.

Thanks
Peter


Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?