Hello,
I am trying to add a custom filter option to the filter context menu that appears when you click the filter button above a column in a gridview. This custom filter option will search for empty string values "" within the column. I read some other related forum posts that pointed me towards the 'FilterPopupInitialized' event. However, when I tried to wire up this event handler, I can never seem to hit a breakpoint set on my code inside this method.
Any thoughts on why I can't seem to get to my breakpoint? Also, is this the right approach for adding a custom filter option to the gridview filter context menu?
Thanks,
Matt

Problem:
What should be done to force the Command button to change its content right away, without changing the focus to other cell?
using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.ComponentModel;using System.Data;using System.Drawing;using System.Linq;using System.Text;using System.Windows.Forms;using Telerik.WinControls.UI;namespace GridApp{ public partial class RadForm1 : Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadForm { public RadForm1() { InitializeComponent(); radGridView1.Rows.Add(new object[1] { "zero" }); radGridView1.Rows.Add(new object[1] { "one" }); radGridView1.Rows.Add(new object[1] { "two" }); radGridView1.Rows.Add(new object[1] { "three" }); radGridView1.Rows.Add(new object[1] { "four" }); } private void radGridView1_CommandCellClick(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCellEventArgs e) { switch (e.ColumnIndex) { case 1: RadButtonElement b = (RadButtonElement)((GridCellElement)radGridView1.CurrentCell).Children[0]; b.Tag = true ^ (bool)b.Tag; break; default: break; } } private void radGridView1_CellFormatting(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.CellFormattingEventArgs e) { if (e.ColumnIndex == 1) { RadButtonElement b = (RadButtonElement)e.CellElement.Children[0]; b.ImageAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter; b.TextAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter; // set bool data as switch if (b.Tag == null) b.Tag = false; b.Text = ((bool)b.Tag) ? "locked" : "open"; } } }}

I have a winform with a radgridview with filtering enabled. The data source is a dataset. The purpose of the form is to make various global updates to a weight column in the database. So for example the user first sets a filter, for example on a specific zipcode, and say that there are 4 rows that meet that condition. Next to the grid I have a text box and a command button. The user inputs the package weight that is for the filtered zip and clicks a submit button. The code then applies the package weight to the filtered records - this works - and all the values for package weight get properly set and are shown in the grid. Then I have a 'save all' button - this is *almost working'. Previously the code I had in the save button click was:
this.tblDISTRIBUTIONACTIVITYBindingSource1.EndEdit();
this.tmcprod1024DataSet1.AcceptChanges();
nretval = this.tblDISTRIBUTIONACTIVITYTableAdapter1.Update(tmcprod1024DataSet1.tblDISTRIBUTIONACTIVITY);
And in this case, the backend data was never updated, no updates whatsoever. However, I then read some online posts and realized that I needed to eliminate the "acceptchanges" line. After I eliminated that line things were *almost correct* but still not there yet. Now, taking the example above with 4 filtered records, when I click the save button, if say for example the third record is highlighted in the grid, then the three non-highlighted records get updated on the backend, but the highlighted record doesn't get updated. Regardless of which row is highlighted at the time of clicking save, the data on the highlighted row doesn't get updated. Can someone please explain what is wrong and how I can fix this? Thanks.
The code that changes the weight value in the grid, upon clicking the command button, is as follows:
foreach (var onerow in radGridView1.ChildRows)
{
double dnumber;
dnumber = Convert.ToDouble(maskedTextBox2.Text);
onerow.Cells["customerratethisorder"].Value = dnumber;
}


' Set up grouping Dim descriptor As New GroupDescriptor descriptor.GroupNames.Add("ReportTypeId", System.ComponentModel.ListSortDirection.Ascending) Me.ReportGridView.GroupDescriptors.Add(descriptor)
Hi,
I m new to using Telerik controls and working on using a radgridview in my project. I have to bind a string DB column(Y/N) to a check box column in the grid and when user changes the check boxes, appropriate check box state has to be converted as Y/N and save back to the business entity object which was bonded. I have used the type converters to convert the TRUE/FALSE values to Y/N, but for some reason, they are again becoming as TRUE/FALSE before committing the dataset. Can anyone throw some light on whats happening here?
Also not sure about which event to handle when user changes the check boxes and appropriately change corresponding Be updated. Thanks much in advance.
Grid column binding with DB column with type converter:
GridViewCheckBoxColumn checkBoxColumn = new GridViewCheckBoxColumn();
checkBoxColumn.DataType = typeof(string);
checkBoxColumn.Name = LocationDo.GenerateSheetsColumn;
checkBoxColumn.FieldName = LocationDo.GenerateSheetsColumn;
checkBoxColumn.HeaderText = "Generate Tests?";
checkBoxColumn.DataTypeConverter = new ToggleStateConverter();
dgvLocations.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(checkBoxColumn);
dgvLocations.Columns[LocationDo.GenerateSheetsColumn].Width = 55;
Property definition:
[TypeConverter(typeof(ToggleStateConverter))]
public string GenerateSheets
{
get { return _GenerateSheets; }
set { _GenerateSheets = value; }
}
Thanks,
-Chandra

Greetings.
I'm newbie, as 2nd day newbie.. never used .net, nor tools like this...
I developed a demo for trying to engage Company Director and purchase tools...
after little strugle, it worked.. My system is built with openedge 11.6.3.
When I run the windows desktop application (client networking, prowin32.exe) (client-server and few appserver apps) on Director's windows 10 pc,
Got error about: "telerik.winforms.radchart" not installed and stuff.... I installed several products from telrik.com, but I bet they are for developing time, not runtime..
Is anybody able to guide me on this task?
Thanks in advance....
Greetings from Mexico.

I would like to decorate the text of my nodes at runtime with a label showing the child count in a different color and font. How can I achieve this?

Hi,
I have a radgridview control which has a binding of a data set (A), In a specific scenario couple of columns in A which has a value in it should show in a combo box control which actually have a set of different possible values in it. I have separate data sets(B & C) bound for those combo box columns. However the current value of the column from A should automatically select in the appropriate value of combo boxes of ( B & C) when I load the data. How can I achieve this. Below is the sample code I have.
dgvLocations.DataSource = _LocationBo.Do.Table.DefaultView; // Main datagridview control data source - A
GridViewComboBoxColumn configColumn = new GridViewComboBoxColumn();
dgvLocations.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(configColumn);
configColumn.HeaderText = "Configuration";
configColumn.DataSource = _LocationConfigCdBo.Do.Table.DefaultView;
configColumn.FieldName = LocationDo.V_ConfigurationColumn; // Column name mapping from the A dataset
configColumn.ValueMember = LocationConfigCdDo.TypeCdColumn; // Column name mapping from the B dataset
configColumn.DisplayMember = LocationConfigCdDo.DescColumn;
configColumn.Name = LocationDo.V_ConfigurationColumn;
The combo box was successfully loading the values from the dataset B, however it is not showing the selected value from the A. Please advice.
-Chandra.

I am using the pivot grid and have a field called Category and Subcategory when I filter down The Category the Subcategory should only show the fields that are associated with the given category. Right now it shows all of the subcategory records and makes it hard to work with.
How would I implement this?
Thanks,
Tim
