Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
166 views

Hello

Two questions 

1. I have filtered few elements in Row/Column Group Descriptor. On a button click i want a list of GroupDescriptor which are being filtered.

Like in screenshot attached, i want when click on a button Vintage, Commodity, Period should be shown in messagebox as these are filtered ones.

 

2. I want to make one global flag to be true if we do any kind of change in my PivotGrid. Like Drag/Drop, Filtering, Sorting or any thing.

 

 

 

 

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Oct 2016
3 answers
401 views

Hi.

I want to put a button on the form that would copy the chart to the clipboard, so that I can paste it to MS Office apps.

I know there is an export function, but is there a way to do a copy to clipboard?

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Oct 2016
6 answers
236 views
Hello everybody i have a bad problem with the RadGridView it doesn't scroll on tab click neigher the vertical or horizontal scrollbar does scroll.
Is there anyone who could provide me some help to this issue.
Thanks in advanced for any help.
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Oct 2016
2 answers
192 views

Hi,

when I print PivotGrid - all Row headers columns have same size, is it possible to print them similar size like on the screen? Like for datacells columns, see attached

Alex

Alex Dybenko
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Oct 2016
11 answers
459 views

Hi,

I need to run BestFitColumns on a hierarchical grid.
 
The master view template works fine, but I can't seem to get it to work with the child columns.

I am doing the following:

someGrid.MasterGridViewTemplate.ChildGridViewTemplates[0].BestFitColumns();  

Thanks
- jorge

Aaron Abdis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Oct 2016
2 answers
153 views

Hello. I have a problem and do not know how to solve it. I have a layoutControl with layoutControlGroupItem. I would remove the edge of the flange and content. Exploring with RadControlSpyForm I've learned that you have to put the property of RadPageViewContentAreaElement DrawBorder = false and LayoutControlTabStripItem, but I do not get access to these properties either in design or programmatically. How can I do it?

thank's

Oscar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Oct 2016
1 answer
187 views

Again, Restating a thread form back in July with a clear BUG that doesn't get addressed!!!

1-i set height (say 2000) it only goes a certain size, not more.  by the way, i am not capping it as I have the max height to 0 (unlimited).  try set to 1000 or 2000 makes no difference.  Why is there drop down height limit? ?

2-when i set dropdown height, the last column of the grid (on the right) doesn't fully show as the vertical scrollbar is partial covering it.  if i don't set the dropdown height, it shows full and correct.  why does it get cut off when i set a dropdown height?  

 

Problems and problems...most of my day, instead of developing, it's one problem after another with these controls!

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2016
3 answers
249 views

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding radgridviews. If an object radgridview has focus and I press the pagedown key, the gridnavigator moves down to the last of the visible rows, or if it is already in the last of the visible rows it moves down as many rows as rows are visible. The same applies to the pageup key.

I have a radtextbox where I start to write something reseting a one second timer with every keypress, and when the timer goes off I launch a query with the content of the textbox. While in the textbox, if I press the left or right key I move between the characters in it. If I press the up or down key I use the gridnavigator of the gridview to move up or down one row. If I press the enter key, loads the content of the selected row in another form.

I searched the methods of the gridnavigator and couldn't find something to make that easily. Now the question is, is there an easy way to simulate the pageup or pagedown when the focus is in a component that it isn't the radgrid?. Or should I start making calculations like if the current rows divided by the visible rows the remainder is 0 use the gridnavigator to move the number of visible rows down or if it isn't 0 move x rows where x is the number of rows needed to reach the bottom?

I hope you can understand my question, thanks.

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2016
1 answer
137 views

By embedding the Title label for each control in the control itself (like HTML5) instead of using a label next to the control, it frees up a lot of space and is consistent with modern controls.

Instead of this:  First Name   [                      ]

Use this:           [ First Name     ]

 

The RadDropdownList is close, but it doesn't revert to the label when you remove a value. And the label should be gray.

 

 

 

 

 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2016
2 answers
740 views

With Standard comboboxes, I would set up a Key and Value. When I try the same with the RadDropdownlist, I get an error, when I try to get the value for the SelectedItem.Key.

The following code block is how I populate the RadDropdownlist. This works just fine. Notice line 10 and 11 where I set the members as Key and Value

01.''' <summary>
02.''' Populates the dropdown_ cust serv cntry.
03.''' </summary>
04.Private Sub PopulateDropdown_CustServCntry()
05. 
06.    cboCustServ_Cntry.Items.Clear()
07. 
08.    Try
09.        cboCustServ_Cntry.DataSource = New BindingSource(dictCntry, Nothing)
10.        cboCustServ_Cntry.DisplayMember = "Value"
11.        cboCustServ_Cntry.ValueMember = "Key"
12. 
13.        'Default to US
14.        cboCustServ_Cntry.SelectedIndex = cboCustServ_Cntry.FindString("UNITED STATES")  'United States code
15. 
16.    Catch ex As Exception
17.    End Try
18.End Sub  'PopulateDropdown_CustServCntry

 

When I enter the following code for the SelectedIndexChanged event, I get the error at line 07. Is there a way I can make this work with the radDropdownlist?

01.Private Sub cboCustServ_Cntry_SelectedIndexChanged(sender As Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.Data.PositionChangedEventArgs) Handles cboCustServ_Cntry.SelectedIndexChanged
02.    'need to set up State dropdown based on selected country
03.    Dim CntryCode As String = ""
04. 
05.    Try
06.        Try
07.            CntryCode = cboCustServ_Cntry.SelectedItem.Key
08.        Catch ex As InvalidCastException
09. 
10.        End Try
11. 
12. 
13.        If Not IsNothing(CntryCode) AndAlso CntryCode.Trim <> "" Then
14.            PopulateDropdown_CustServState(CntryCode)
15.            cboCustServ_State.SelectedIndex = -1
16.        End If
17. 
18.    Catch ex As Exception
19. 
20.    End Try
21.End Sub  'cboCustServ_Cntry_SelectedIndexChanged

 

I appreciate your input!

 

 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?