Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
188 views
Hello,

I am evaluating the new ListView with kinetic scrolling and discovered a strange behavior when releasing the mouse after a kinetic scroll - the ItemMouseClick event is fired and the item is also selected. Is there some way to avoid this?

Best Regards
Lars Krog-Jensen

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
1 answer
141 views
Hi,

After upgrading to 2011 Q2 version RadMaskedEditBox LostFocus event is not fired. Was the event removed in Q2 release because it was working well with previous releases.

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
1 answer
236 views
Hi,

I am trying to allow the ability from a FloatingWindow to open a DocumentWindow in the parent form RadDock object but its null.

Here is how I am doing it as a Docked ToolWindow, but it changes to FloatingWindow when I undock it and the parentform of that is now null.

string itemName = rows[0].GetProperty("Name").ToString();
               
DocumentWindow documentTop = new DocumentWindow();
documentTop.Text = itemName;
documentTop.DocumentButtons = DocumentStripButtons.All;

//dosnt want to add a document because I cannot find the Form that opened this.

if (this.ParentForm is FloatingWindow)
{
    //todo: find a way to call the DockManager and add a new document.
}

//this works only when the ToolWindow object is Docked.
if (this.ParentForm is RadRibbonForm1)
{
     ((RadRibbonForm1)this.ParentForm).radDock1.AddDocument(documentTop);
}



Any Assistance would be helpful.
Thanks,
RK.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
4 answers
451 views
Hello,

I have built an application that uses the Winform version of both RadDock ToolWindows and RadDock DocumentWindows inside of a RadDock container.

Each of these RadDock DockWindows has a single textbox control or custom UserControl in it, with:

singleDockedControl.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;

The problem I am having is that when I expand/maximize the entire WinForm, the DocumentWindows and ToolWindows expand nicely, but the controls inside them look "cut off" on the righthand size... a textbox with a  long line of text gets cut in half, and the last half of the line of text is not visible on the containing DockWindow, even though there is lots of empty white space on the righthand side of the containing DockWindow.  It appears that the textbox grows correctly, due to its Dock = DockStyle.Fill, but the righthand side of the DockWindow doesn't get repainted to show it.  This problem doesn't happen when a textbox or UserControl is placed directly on a test Winform that is expanded/maximized. 

Does anybody know what I can do to fix this problem?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Brook
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
2 answers
218 views
Hi i fill the treeview via code and works well, but i need a way to asign a icon from a assigned imagelist on the nodes.
The Data assignemend is:

- ChildMember = id
- DisplayMember = Label
- ParentMember = pid
- Tag = ImageKey
- ValueMember = ImageKey

I have tested with the tag and the valuemember fields without success, the tag field is allways empty :(

I have tryed to assign the CollectionChanged event, ut it does not fire when the datasource is bound... !?

 

radTreeView1.Nodes.CollectionChanged  += new Telerik.WinControls.Data.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler(Nodes_CollectionChanged); 
          List<TreeItem> items = new List<TreeItem>();
          {
              TreeItem t1 = new TreeItem();
              t1.id = 1;
              t1.Label = "Home";
              t1.ImageKey = "airplane";
              items.Add(t1);
          }
          {
              TreeItem t1 = new TreeItem();
              t1.id = 2;
              t1.pid = 1;
              t1.Label = "Level 2";
              t1.ImageKey = "comments";
              items.Add(t1);
          }
          radTreeView1.ValueMember = "id";
          radTreeView1.ParentMember = "pid";
          radTreeView1.DisplayMember = "Label";
          radTreeView1.Tag = "ImageKey";
          radTreeView1.DataSource = items;

 

 

 

void Nodes_CollectionChanged(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.Data.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
       {
               RadTreeNode n = ((RadTreeNode)e.NewItems[0]);
               ((RadTreeNode)e.NewItems[0]).ImageKey = n.Tag.ToString();
           
       }

public class TreeItem
   {
       public int id { get; set; }
       public int pid { get; set; }
       public string Label { get; set; }
       public string ImageKey { get; set; }
   }

Any help would be great
Thx
Volkan Senguel

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2011
1 answer
380 views
Hi,

How can i scroll to bottom of the grid?

I need to see child template of a new row.

With the following code i only see the new row.

grid.TableElement.ScrollToRow(e.Row);

Thanks.
Agustín Gómez
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
178 views
I have an need to change the tabstrip backcolor to something other than the theme color when there is certain information in a tab. So far I have been able to use this:

Dim pageViewStripElement = TryCast(DirectCast((tcOrganization.ViewElement).ContentArea, Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadPageViewContentAreaElement).Owner, RadPageViewStripElement)
                DirectCast(pageViewStripElement, Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadPageViewElement).Items(1).NumberOfColors = 1
                DirectCast(pageViewStripElement, Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadPageViewElement).Items(1).BackColor = Drawing.Color.Yellow

That works fine if you mouse over the tab button but I want it to stay that color even in a state that is not moused over or selected.  How can I accomplish this without out using the theme builder.  I need to be able to have this happen for separate tabs on different forms so being able to accomplish this programatically is a must.  Thanks for any help!

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
4 answers
184 views
Dear Telerik Team,

I'm current using Q1 2011 SP with VS2008. When applying the  example in the help file for the RadScheduler to translate the RadScheduler strings and in example:

RadSchedulerLocalizationProvider.CurrentProvider =

New CustomSchedulerLocalizationProvider

Everything appears translated in the local language except the days of the week in RadScheduler's header columns which are still in English:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...
Is it possible to programmatically change the text of these header columns?

Best regards,
Alain

 

Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
1 answer
358 views
Hello,

I am using a lot of Rad buttons in my application. I change the back color of the buttons based on some conditions the following code:

.ButtonFillElement.BackColor = Color.LightGreen;
.ButtonFillElement.GradientStyle = Telerik.WinControls.GradientStyles.Solid;
.ForeColor = Color.Black;

My questions is how do i set these properties back to the default ones within code. I want the buttons to get the default theme of the application when the condition turns false.

Thanks,
Pawan 
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
3 answers
215 views
Hello,
I implemented ColumnGroupsViewDefinition for my Grid (the same code in Telerik Q3 Demos - Grid View), but it's change RowHeight. I try to change f.e:
this.CollectionGrid.TableElement.RowHeight = 30;
this.CollectionGrid.TableElement.GroupHeaderHeight = 30;
            
this.CollectionGrid.TableElement.FilterRowHeight = 30;
               
this.CollectionGrid.TableElement.TableHeaderHeight = 30;
 
but it's not work. What is more i have problem with correctly filling header rows (screenshot- I deleted data).
Thanks for help.
Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?