Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
260 views
The DocumentTabStrip offers 2 buttons 'Active Documents' offering a selection list of documents and 'Close Document' which on selection closes the current document. How can I hide these buttons?
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2011
1 answer
138 views
Hi,

How do you remove the border from a ToolTabStrip?

Regards,
Brian
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2011
2 answers
84 views
Hi,

I am trying to implement the "copy" scenario of drag and drop using RadTreeView.
And I found a thread which mentioned that dragging with ALT key pressed will clone the node to the other RadTreeView control.
However, I can not make it happen either in my own project or in the demo project.
Is this feature broken or I missed somthing?

thanks.

Tim
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Aug 2011
1 answer
211 views

Wondering if there are any known issues with creating an OpenGL Context when it is added to either a DocumentWindow or ToolWindow. I have seen some rendering issues with an existing control which is using OpenSceneGraph for 3D graphics.

Thanks,
Matt

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
3 answers
493 views

I've recently taken over development of a WinForms application using VB.NET.

A form has a RADGridView control (rgvEntities) consisting of the following Columns collection members:
- EntityName: GridViewMultiComboBoxColumn
- City: GridViewTextBoxColumn
- State: GridViewTextboxColumn
- Flag: GridViewCheckBoxColumn
- EntityID: GridViewTextBoxColumn

When the user clicks on the grid view row labelled "Click here to add a new row", the EntityName column displays a combobox for the user to choose the EntityName. When the user clicks on the drop-down arrow of the combobox, the combobox displays the following columns entityid, entityname, city, state.

My issue is that I'd like for the entityid column to not be displayed.

The RADGridView control (rgvEntities) is populated with the following code, that receives the reader as an argument:

  Dim dr As DataRow
  Dim strValues(5) As String

  While reader.Read
    strValues(0) = reader("EntityID")
    strValues(1) = reader("City")
    strValues(2) = reader("State")
    If reader("Flag") = "Y" Then
 strValues(3) = True
    Else
 strValues(3) = False
    End If
    strValues(4) = reader("EntityId")

    rgvEntities.Rows.Add(strValues)
  End While

I think (remember, I didn't code this initially) the entityName column is populated with the following VB.NET code in the Handles rgvEntities.UserAddedRow event handler:

  Dim colEntity As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewComboBoxColumn

  Dim dbconn As New SqlConnection(App.My.Settings.dbConn)
  Dim cmd As New SqlCommand
  Dim daEntity As SqlDataAdapter
  cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text
  cmd.Connection = dbconn

  Dim sSql As String = ""
  sSql = "select entityid, entityname, city, state from Entities "
  sSql = sSql & " where Entityid > 0 order by 1"
  cmd.CommandText = sSql
  daEntity = New SqlDataAdapter(cmd)
  ds = New DataSet()
  daEntity.Fill(ds)

  colEntity = rgvEntities.Columns("Entity")
  colEntity.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)
  colEntity.DisplayMember = "entityname"
  colEntity.ValueMember = "entityid"

  dbconn.Close()
  colEntity = Nothing
  daEntity = Nothing
  dbconn = Nothing

Where rgvEntities is the RADGridView defined as:
  Friend WithEvents rgvEntities As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
133 views
Hi
I'm using the Telerik RichTextBox (beta) but when I type in or copy text and attempt to highlight it with the mouse, everything but the first character (either of a line or the first character of the paragraph) is highlighted. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? I'm using .NET 4 etc. and other parts of the control seem to work fine. It's obviously going to be a problem if the user cannot select the first character except by using the keyboard (shift + arrow keys).

Thanks
Matthew
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
263 views
Hi
Is it possible to change the default font and font size? It always uses Calibri at size 12.  I've changed the Font property on the ribbon and also on the RadRichTextBox as well but it still defaults to Calibri.
Thanks
Matthew
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
0 answers
155 views
Hi, wanted to know how to change the color of the text that appears disable in radstatusstrip.
Best Regards,

Daniel Soares
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
303 views
Is it possible to do custom filtering in the listview like it is possible in radgridview?

I want to do a contains filter on an integer column.  But this is not possible. In radgridview this was possible by setting the MasterTemplate.FilterPredicate.
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
130 views
Hi,

In the design time, when I open the "Rows" properties of the RadCommandBar, the exception error will be thrown.  I have no idea what's wrong.  Please advise. Thanks!


Best Regards,
Emily
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?