Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
322 views
Tech, 

I am using Telerik Version 2009.2.9.701. and Using Telerik.WinControls.Docking.DockingManager in my Form. I am using DockPanel. when user start drag and Drop. I want to prevent user from dropping to Fill DockPosition.

In new version, offers DragDropService which has AllowedDockManagerEdges and PreviewDockPosition to achive this funcnality. But, at this point I can not update the my Telerik Version to new one.so, I have restriction to use only 2009.2.9.701.

Please suggest any solution or workaround that is avilable in 2009.2.9.701 Version in Telerik.WinControl.Docking.dll. 

Help would be appriciated.

Thanks.
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
191 views
Hi all,

Due to the current lack of support of the RadtreeView for automatic drag and drop when the control is databound, to I am trying to "roll my own". However, I got stuck on a few things, so I really hope someone can help me out.

I have subclassed the RadTreeView, RadTreeViewElement and TreeViewDragDropService classes and am implementing my own versions of OnDragEnter and OnDragDrop. I am assuming that the DragDrop event is the one that I need to override in order to find out on which node the dragged one is dropped.

I can easily find out what node is being dragged by using the value returned in the Data object as below:

drgevent.Data.GetData(typeof(RadTreeNode))

That works fine. However, I am failing to (1) find out what node it is dropped on and (2) what the databound item is for that node. When I use:

var targetNode = this.GetNodeAt(drgevent.X, drgevent.Y)


it always returns null, and I don't see any method or property that returns the item a node is bound to. I was hoping for something similar to the one in the DataGridView (row.DataBoundItem). Is there anything like that, and what do i do to get the node that the dragged item is dropped on?

Thanks in advance (I have been tearing my hair out about this for far too long).

Lucien.
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
239 views
Hi.  We're running the 2011.1.11.419 version of this control in our product.  Our users have pointed out that the keyboard delat that allows you to jump to longer selections has gotten much smaller.  So if you have a dropdown with "Bart", "Bob", and "Olaf", you have to type "bo" very quickly to get to Bob, otherwise your selection ends up on "Olaf".  I hope this makes sense... I have no idea what you correctly call this feature.

I tried this on the Winforms RadControls demo app, and I had exactly the same result.  The maximum delay you can have between typing the "B" and the "o" seems to be 500ms or less, when I'm sure it used to be 1000ms or more.

For our users this is quite a nuisance, since most of them type with two fingers but need to move quickly through dropdowns with hundreds of options.  (On the upside... they're learning to type faster :)

Please let me know if you think this is an issue that has appeared in version 2011 / 419 or not.  Thanks.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
140 views
Hi :

     1. The horizontal  scroll of radgridview is not visible when pinned columns over the display screen - what is not expected.
     2. The horizontal  scroll of radgridview  can not be moved when pinned columns over the display screen - what is not expected.

Greetins
Look forword to you
Ajing
Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
12 answers
384 views
Hi Telerik's support.
I'm trying to use radComboBox inside radGridView. I made my custom Column and Cell types. As was stated in the article from your site I'm using following code:

txtInput.AutoCompleteMode = AutoCompleteMode.SuggestAppend;
            txtInput.RootElement.StretchVertically = true;
            txtInput.RootElement.StretchHorizontally = true;
            txtInput.TextChanged += TxtInputTextChanged;
            Children.Add(txtInput.RootElement);

This code works well in case if instead of ComboBox there will be RadTextBox and TextElement. The problem is RadComboBox has fixed size and doesn't stretch when the size of cell is changed.
Jill-Connie Lorentsen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Nov 2011
2 answers
143 views
Hi,

    i have created a sample application to produce the bug. the application contains gridview with one cell which is gridviewcheckcolumn and a rad button to show the messagebox saying whether the check box is checked or not in the gridview.
    
    when i check the checkbox and if i press the button mesage box showing checked but when i press shortcut key for the button its not working correctly.

    there is a scenarion in my project where we have shortcut key for the button and it behaves like as i said above, so any suggestions on this regard will be helpful for me to solve this issue

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
       {
           GridViewDataRowInfo row = this.radGridView1.Rows.AddNew();
       }
 
       private void radButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
       {
           string name = radGridView1.Rows[0].Cells[0].Value.ToString();
           if (radGridView1.Rows[0].Cells["Select"].Value.ToString() == "True")
               MessageBox.Show("Checked");
           else
               MessageBox.Show("UnChecked");          
       }

Thanks,
Selva
Selvamani
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Nov 2011
1 answer
266 views
I am interested in printing data with our Telerik Rad Winform Controls. I would like to know what my options are.

  • Is there an out of the box way to print a GridView?
  • What are my options for XSLT/XML printing (via HTML)?
  • What are my options for PDF printing?

If someone can point me to docs on how to print a winforms view, or opinions/ideas from those who have done this - I would really appreciate it!

-shawn
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2011
1 answer
308 views
Hello,
I wish that as value of property values ​​change in my editor. For example I pass a value to the ID property, I would like with Red or Blue as a possibility and if I go 2 in value to the property ID, I would like to have Green and Black. Is this possible?

In my form
private void radPropertyGrid1_EditorRequired(object sender, PropertyGridEditorRequiredEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Item.Name == "TestSam")
    {
        PropertyGridSamEditor test = new PropertyGridSamEditor();
        test.id = 1;
        e.EditorType = test.GetType();
    }
}

In my class PropertyGridSamEditor :
public class PropertyGridSam2Editor : BaseInputEditor
    {
        public PropertyGridSam2Editor()
        {
            m_ID = 0;
        }
        public int m_ID { get; set; }
        public PropertyGridSam2Editor(int ID)
        {
            m_ID = ID;
        }
        public override object Value
        {
            get
            {
                RadDropDownListElement editor = (RadDropDownListElement)this.EditorElement;
                List<InfoSam> Isam = new List<InfoSam>();
                if (m_ID == 0)
                {
                    Isam.Add(new InfoSam(1, "Rouge"));
                    Isam.Add(new InfoSam(2, "Bleu"));
                }
                else
                {
                    Isam.Add(new InfoSam(3, "Bleu"));
                    Isam.Add(new InfoSam(4, "Noir"));
                }
                editor.DisplayMember = "Couleur";
                editor.SelectedValue = "ID";
                editor.DataSource = Isam;
                return editor.Text;
            }
            set
            {
                RadDropDownListElement editor = (RadDropDownListElement)this.EditorElement;
                if (value != null && value != DBNull.Value)
                {
                    editor.Value = value.ToString();
                }
                else
                {
                    editor.Value = "1";
                }
            }
        }
}


Regards


Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2011
8 answers
594 views
Hello,

We are using RadGridView in a read-only mode. When our customers select a row, right click and use "Copy", nothing is copied to clipboard. Why is this? What is the best way to allow the user to copy data from the GridView into clipboard?

Thanks.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2011
1 answer
175 views
Hi,

I want to use the ribbonbar without the start menu and tabs. Reason is that I haven't got much buttons/items to put on it, so using tabs and/or start menu will be needless imho. Also I find it's using a bit too much screen space by default.

So, what I want is:
  • Use the Office 2010 blue/silver theme. The RadRibbonBarGroup title should have a background color, just like in the Office 2007 theme.
  • No tabs or start menu, so the reserved space for those should/can be collapsed (resulting in more space available on the form).
  • The height of the RadRibbonBarGroup should be a bit less (enough for an 32 icon, one line button title beneath and the group title).

If someone could provide me a (code) example to achieve this, then that would be much appreciated!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?