Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
247 views
Hi,    
    
        i created an sample application with rad textbox and set autoscroll property to true. i have a list box with some data wheni click the data present in the list  will be added to the textbox . when i keep on adding in this way i am unable to see the focus of the data in the text box .

 i need to scroll down to see the last added data from the list.

how to set the focus to textbox on the currently added data instead scroll down and see.

i have attached two images please refer it.

please provide me a suggestion on this.


Regards,
Selva
        
        
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2011
4 answers
714 views
Is it possible to group the items in a dropdownlist similar to the attached image?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2011
3 answers
225 views
Is it possible to populate a column from a radGridView that has type RadGridMultiComboBoxColumn with a Dataset?
I want to fill each cell on event 'BeginEdit' and clear on EndEdit event
Can somebody help me?
Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2011
1 answer
231 views
I have defined a group in a RadGridView using the following code:

Dim groupingDescriptor As New tlrkDt.GroupDescriptor
groupingDescriptor.GroupNames.Add("Period", System.ComponentModel.ListSortDirection.Ascending)
Me.rgvBids.GroupDescriptors.Add(groupingDescriptor)
  
Dim sortDescriptor As New tlrkDt.SortDescriptor
sortDescriptor.PropertyName = "Period"
Me.rgvBids.SortDescriptors.Add(sortDescriptor)

The user is able to expand and collapse the group by clicking on the arrow just before the group header. However, the user has requested to be able to expand/collapse the group by clicking on the group header itself.

How can I programmatically raise the event necessary for a RadGridView's group to expand and collapse when the user clicks on the header (not just the arrow)?

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide,

Hector

Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2011
1 answer
130 views
I'm writing a desktop app that will be used on a single machine, single user (at a time).

It will need a database but the data is never likely to get beyond 100,000 records.

Any recommendations on a back end database?

I'm pretty familiar with SQL Server, so would SQL Server Express be good?

If so, how does that work? Does the SSExpress app need to be running before my app can access it? Or, does the act of accessing the data sufficient?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2011
1 answer
184 views
I've gone through the OpenAccess videos but still don't have a really good understanding of what OA does for me that isn't built into Visual Studio 2010.

Can you point me to a discussion or documentation that explains the big benefit of OA?
Ivailo
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2011
1 answer
188 views
Hi, 

Need some special behavior on a textbox column. 
Like doing something in the textchanging event, keypress event and validation event.
And i want to be able to set a fixed length on the  text box. 
I need to do for several grids and several columns.
I know that i can do this by subscribing to events on the activeeditor -> textboxitem. But i want to subclass the GridViewTextboxColumn and do it directly, so i dont need to write the same code over and over again.

Can you please help me?

Regards
Svein Thomas
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Nov 2011
1 answer
856 views
Ok, so our client wants to type in dates...no mouse at all.

What they would like to do is use tab instead of arrows to move between month/date/year fields. Is this possible?

Thanks,
David
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Nov 2011
3 answers
249 views
Hi there,

perhaps it is a stupid question, but I don't get it to work and I found nothing in the web.
I have a multicolumncombobox with 3 columns. I want to add a filter, which searches in all 3 columns and displays all results found in one of the 3 columns.
First I found the filterdescriptor class. That worked fine, but it displays only results, which are found in all 3 columns and not in one of them.
Then I tried to get it work with the compositefilterdescriptor. And that does not work for me. Perhaps someone has a hint. Here is my code:

Telerik.WinControls.Data.CompositeFilterDescriptor compositeDescriptor = new Telerik.WinControls.Data.CompositeFilterDescriptor();
compositeDescriptor.LogicalOperator = Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterLogicalOperator.Or;
compositeDescriptor.FilterDescriptors.Add(new Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterDescriptor("productNo", Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterOperator.Contains, cbo_ProductMultiColumn.Text.ToString()));
compositeDescriptor.FilterDescriptors.Add(new Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterDescriptor("productSearchName", Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterOperator.Contains, cbo_ProductMultiColumn.Text.ToString()));
compositeDescriptor.FilterDescriptors.Add(new Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterDescriptor("productName", Telerik.WinControls.Data.FilterOperator.Contains, cbo_ProductMultiColumn.Text.ToString()));
compositeDescriptor.IsFilterEditor = true;
this.cbo_ProductMultiColumn.EditorControl.FilterDescriptors.Add(compositeDescriptor);

Sorry, if it is a stupid question. I'm still a beginner. :-)
Dennis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Nov 2011
6 answers
185 views
I've been having issues getting Telerik controls to display in Visual Studio's designer mode. Some simple controls, like Text Box and Label will be selectable in design mode and have all their properties pop up in the properties pane, but for some like RadGridView and RadPanel they aren't clickable in design view. The only graphical representation I get of them through the design mode is their icon + label appearing in the grey column underneath the rest of the form/user control (like when you have other custom user controls VS doesn't render).

I've read up on some solutions, namely installing Telerik.WinControls.UI.Designer into the GAC through Visual Studio's command prompt and/or referencing it in the project using said controls. I've tried both solutions -- neither have been working. What's odd, is that I followed the same steps in installing those Telerik controls when I had XP running as my Operating System. Now that the firm has been upgraded to Windows 7 it doesn't work. Don't quote me on this, but I think it may do with the extra security permissions given to folders like Program Files that didn't exist in XP.

I know the recommended answer here would be to upgrade to a newer version of WinForms, and while our company does have them, the program I'm working on is several years old and several (11) projects big. Should we update, we'd need to update the GACs on all of the servers that are hosting the program -- this way our users do not have to install/upgrade our applications themselves. Simply put, it would be a very messy situation.

While I found some answers on this, unfortuantely I found nothing recent or that worked. Perhaps my Googling/search skills aren't up to par, but it would be great if someone could help me out here. I'm simply out of ideas at this point.

Thanks,
Eric
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?