Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
8 answers
255 views
Hi, 

Is it possible to add an "browse/edit (...)" button within a dropdown cell. 
I want to be able to edit the selected dropdown value in another form.

If you know how, please provide me with an example :)

thanks in advance.

//ST
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Nov 2011
4 answers
387 views

 

Hello,

how can I translate the Ribbonbar in other languages, similar the default .net windows forms controls which have a "Language" property...

Thanks.

Best regards.
Marco
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Nov 2011
3 answers
277 views
I'm using the ListView with DetailsView layout and would like to have two "normal/text" columns and one a dropdown column.
I have tried your Custom Items example and got it working, but I dont want all columns to be custom, only (the last) one.

Is it possible to have different column types with the ListView or should I go for the Grid instead?

Regards
Kenneth
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Nov 2011
2 answers
168 views
Hello,

In the example "GridView / Custom Filter Row" when you search initially in the row bar nothing happens. It's requiered to push the "Apply" button at least once to make the row bar works properly.

I'd like to use this sample in my project but I don't find where the problem is.

Thanks


Blas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Nov 2011
4 answers
574 views
Hi, the winforms toolset lists the following as a feature:

Stunning WPF-like UI with transparency, scaling and rotation

... I downloaded and installed the trial, opened  VB.net 2005, and started dragging and dropping telerik winform controls on the form.  They are very nice.

But I could find no way to make stunning WPF-like transparancy.  How do you accomplish that?  I could not readily find out from the docs or examples either.

Also the sample VB.net project with the trial download will not run and seems to have some big problems.

My scenario is I have a pretty simple form with big map on it taking up the whole form.  I want to put some translucent panels on top of the map, and then some semi or non-translucent buttons, text boxes, and combo boxes, in the panels. 

I am hoping that the stunning WPF-like UI with transparency that radcontrols for winforms offers will help me accomplish this - but I could use some pointers to get started.

Thanks for the help!  Great looking tools by the way. 

JB











Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
17 answers
491 views
Noticed an issue with the autocomplete functionality in regards to the DropDownList not selecting the item when the control loses focus when in SuppestAppend' mode.  In an older Demo for the ComboBox you type the letter 'U' and 'USA' is selected and when you tab off the Index and Text fields are populated on the right hand side.  In the latest demo for the DropDownList  you type the letter 'U' and 'USA' is NOT selected and when you tab off the Index and Text fields are NOT populated on the right hand side plus the drop down portion of the control does not disappear.  Also if the drop down portion is already displayed when a letter is first pressed, then the full list stays whilat a new list appaers with the suggested items.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
3 answers
269 views
Hello,

I have a grid with dynamic columns, and for certain columns I need a button link that allows navigation to the master record related with the value (buttonlink.jpg).

For example, if colums show "Customer code", left to the customer code an arrow allows to open the form "Customer" and shows all the information related with such code.

This is the code to show the button:
Private Sub gridSELECT_CellFormatting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.CellFormattingEventArgs) _
        Handles gridSELECT.CellFormatting
       e.CellElement.Image = Nothing
       If e.CellElement.ColumnInfo.Name = "CardCode" AndAlso TypeOf e.CellElement.RowInfo Is GridViewDataRowInfo Then
           e.CellElement.ImageAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleLeft
           e.CellElement.Image = My.Resources.arrow_right
           e.CellElement.TextImageRelation = TextImageRelation.ImageBeforeText
       End If
 
   End Sub

How can I do to catch the click in this button? Is it possible?

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
3 answers
182 views
Hi.

My interpretation of a combo box is, that one can either select an element from a predefined list - or just enter a value directly.

However, the GridViewComboBoxColumn seems not to work this way. I do have:

 

 

RadDropDownListEditor le = (RadDropDownListEditor)this.MasterTemplate.ActiveEditor;

 

 

 

RadDropDownListEditorElement ee = (RadDropDownListEditorElement)le.EditorElement;

 

le.DropDownStyle =

 

RadDropDownStyle.DropDown;

 

ee.AutoCompleteMode =

 

AutoCompleteMode.None;

But whatever entered directly in the combo box disappears when I move to next column.

Is there a way to meet my expectations so if the user enters data directly, it'd be considered text and applied to the field when the editor closes.

I need this behaviour cause sometimes data has to be selected from a list - and sometimes they should be entered directly...

Jeppe

 

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
8 answers
471 views
I'm planning to use the treeview as an alternative for the listview component for displaying multiple lines that can:

- indent
- selected via checkbox
- drag/drop
- image per line (node)
- collapse/group lines

All can be done with the treeview. The only thing I have on my "wishlist" is a way to number the "lines" (= nodes). Is it possible to add lines numbers to the left of the notes, just like f.e. in a code editor (all aligned on the left before the nodes)?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
4 answers
463 views
Hi All,

In order to save space and for information purposes I am trying to display a column header text in two lines if possible like:

==============
Exepnses
($ per day)
=============

Is there a suitable way to do this?

Regards,

George

Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?