Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
207 views
Hi,

I am trying to populate a column from a RadGridView with values from a dataset in this way:

Dim datListProps As New DataSet

Dim sql As string = " SELECT gala_id_val_table FROM gala_mainTable "  

    AdaptSql = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(sql, ConPubs)

    AdaptSql.Fill(datListProps, "props_table")

 

Me.tabelaVotRadGridView.Columns.Add(lookUpColumn)



... and I connot find the proper way for making this.
I have attached also a picture with waht I can see on the GridViewComboBoxColumn cell

Can you hel me please
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2011
1 answer
345 views
Hi:
      
      1. How to put cell into edit mode and editing cursor to the cell contents after the last character when double-click ?
      2. How to put cell into focus state when cell end-edit?

  We now solve the tow problems as follows:
     1. Using cell double-click event & SenderKeys{"End"} 
     2. Using CellEndEdit event 

The result is:
        Occasionally , the cell which in the edit mode contents are all selected what  is 
not expected.

Greetings!
Looking forword to you!
Ajing
     
  
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2011
8 answers
459 views
The application that we are looking to write using a docking window scheme would have to be an MDI application.
The problem I have seen with most other tools is that when you set up the "dock manager" type control to cover all of your application's main form, you lose the MDI client area.  The MDI client area becomes hidden behind the docking portion of the control set.
I downloaded the latest version of the WinForms control pack and looked in the help and found a section called "Using The r.a.d.dock In MDI Mode" but there is no text within this section.

Can you give me any examples or ideas on how your control set handles the docking ability when contained in an MDI parent form?
Our parent application window will need to have a dock manager allowing docking at top, bottom, right and left.  Our MDI Child forms will also have a dock manager that will allow at least docking at the top and bottom of that form.
I want to try this out in some detail to see how well your control set handles what we are trying to do.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Aaron Peronto
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2011
0 answers
163 views
Hello,

I'm using the Q3 2009 WinForm controls and unfortuantely this project is way too big to convert to a newer project now. Unfortuantely, the Help guide that comes with Telerik controls isn't enough and I have a few questions:
  1. Trying to manually add a row isn't working. Using grdGrid.Rows.Add() I've tried several input parameters. I've used the custom object I built (that the DataSource is bound to a collection of) as well as creating a generic object array that contains the values the columns need. Both ways, I get the following error:
    The following exception occurred in the RadGridView:
     
    System.NotSupportedException: The list must be an IBindingList to AddNew. at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.AddNew() at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewRowCollection.Add(Object[] values)
     
    To replace this default dialog please handle the DataError event.
     
  2. How closely is the DataSource tied to the Grid? I thought if I added a record to the DataSource (and even re-set the Grid's DataSource) the new row would show, but I'm wrong.

Edit: Please remove this post. It turns out I needed to use a BindableList<T>. It turns out the List<T> support is not very strong in Q3 2009.

Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 09 Nov 2011
3 answers
664 views
I have a form that contains a split container with 2 split panels. The top panel contains search criteria and the bottom contains a radGridView that displays the resutls.

I just completed the upgrade process to Q2 2010 SP1 and now when I click on any of the controls in the criteria panel and select the "move" grab bars the control disappears. Upon further inspection the location property gets changed to -266, -191.

I have attached a document of the screen caps.

I also undocked the entire Split Container and tried to move it. Once I grab the "move" box the location gets set to -266,-191
What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2011
1 answer
132 views

After the breaking change of Telerik removing the 

GridViewDataColumn newColumn = new GridViewDataColumn ();

and forcing us to specify with

GridViewDataColumn newColumn = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();


None of the text put into the column appears.

Has anyone else had this issue?


Aside: I really would advise anyone thinking of upgrading from 2009 > 2011 to either not do it unless you absolutely have to or to schedule a great deal of time for the upgrade.  Telerik has created a PHENOMENAL number of breaking changes.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2011
1 answer
217 views
On radpageviewle in explorerbar mode, is it possible to  put buttons and/or multiple icons on the bars that you click to open and close the different radpageviewpages?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2011
1 answer
185 views
Hello,

Can a multi-column combo box/listbox, display an image column. I want something similar to the demo of multicolumn combo, but with an image columns, where if column A=Yes display image1 and if column A=No display image2

Are there any examples you can point me to?

Many thanks

Terry
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2011
4 answers
544 views
I see posts from 2008 and 2009 about the masked edit box not supporting null values
(http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/maskededitbox/value-cannot-be-set-to-null.aspx)

Is this still true?  It is a little misleading to see "0.0000" in a edit box when the real value is null.

In my situation, the mask type is "numeric" and the mask is "n4".  The "nulltext" property doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is there any workaround to blanking the edit box when the value is null?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2011
3 answers
719 views
Hi,

I am trying the do a few things and I don't seem to be able to do this with the WinForms RadTreeView control - or at least I don't know how:

1. Change the font. Seems simple, but I tried doing it in both the designer and in code (myTreeView.Font = new Font(...) etc), but no matter what I set it to, the treeview still shows the same font. What do I need to do to change this??

2. How to I remove/hide/decrease the left margin showing on all first level nodes? I am not using a root node and there's always a white margin to the left of each node.

Thanks!

Lucien Dol
New Zealand.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?