Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
242 views
I have a need to show a table-like representation of a list of data within a cell of my gridview. The gridview is bound to a custom collection of objects and I need one cell to show codes related to the object. It should show the codes as a 3-column table (or list) with columns: ID  Code  Description. I can't use a nested gridview for this because the user should not have to expand anything in order to view the codes - they need to be visible directly in the main gridview's cell. The gridview is read-only. Is there any way I can accomplish this?

Thanks!

TJ
Taibe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 May 2012
4 answers
187 views
I've been evaluating your controls, one issue that seems to be happening is that when I'm using radform for mdi children, the forms are not drawn correctly initially.  They are missing the control box of the title bar.  It just isn't being drawn correctly.  If I minimize the mdi/child form, the title bar is not drawn correctly.  Thinking it was the video drivers or an issue possibly with video memory addressing, I updated to the latest video driver set.  No correction of issue.

I'm running:

Windows Vista 64 SP1
ATI Radeon 3600 series video card.
4 Gig of RAM
9750 AMD Quad-core processor.

Thank you

Terry
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2012
2 answers
115 views
Hello
i have a Hierarchical grid that i want to press key Enter on child rows to open another form but i can't control that it is  the parent row or it's a child row.
Would You please help me how can I understand  that selected row is Child row or parent row?
Atefeh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 May 2012
1 answer
214 views

Hello

I Used a RadTextBox and  maskedEditBox in an component,and also wrote key Down event for both of them.

 

 

 

protected override void OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)

 


{
////  -- some codes

 

 

base.OnKeyDown(e);

 


}

but when i use the component in the program this event doesnt happen.please help me
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2012
5 answers
585 views
Hello,

I have a gridview where I set AllowAddNewRow=true so that I can click where it says "Click here to add new row" when the grid is in edit mode.

The issue that I'm having is that after I click to create a new row and fill in the columns, I click somewhere else on the form (not on the grid) which appears to add the new row to the grid, but it also starts creating a 2nd new row. Having the start of the 2nd new row doesn't happen when I click on the grid itself (that adds the new row and brings back the "Click here to add new row" message).

Is there a way to stop the grid from creating this 2nd new row automatically? What I'd like to be able to do is click to create a new row and fill in the information for that row, click anywhere on my form to trigger the new row getting added to the grid, have the grid's selected row point towards the new row, and have the "Click here to add a new row" be displayed on the grid again.

I'm sure there's a way to do this, but I'm fairly new to Telerik and not sure how to accomplish this behavior. Thank you for any assistance!
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2012
2 answers
241 views
Hi 

I have an initial treeview with 12 root nodes.  I am using the default capabilities of treeview to drag and arrange these nodes into a second treeview..  Everything works sweetly except that of course the nodes in the original treeview are no longer present after the drag process.  

What I'd really like to do is drag a copy of the original node and leave the original available to be used again.  I am actually building a series of steps in the form of a treeview and each step may be used multiple times.

I tried implementing the ItemDrag and DragDrop etc. events myself and that just caused the entire treeview to lock up with cascading events in much the same way as another message here describes.

Is there a simple way to generate the modality that I need?

Regards
~A
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2012
6 answers
526 views
How you can define a date time column FormatString property at design time to show only date in the column and not the time. If it is not possible at design time what is the way to do it in vb.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2012
3 answers
171 views
Greetings:

I am attempting to display rows from an SQLCeResultSet.

The rows are clearly displaying; but no column data shows.  If I use a standard Windows DataGridView is shows fine.  

The database has three rows; and the Telerik RadGridView shows that there are three rows displayed; but the column data is not present.  I have set the column names in the designer.

I setup the Windows DataGridView in the same manner.  It shows the column data but the RadGridView does not.

Any ideas why ?

Thanks,

Robb Murdock

Dim oConn As New SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection
oConn.ConnectionString = ConnectString
oConn.Open()
Dim oCmnd As New SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand("select * from tblMyData", oConn)MyRadGridView.DataSource =  oCmnd.ExecuteResultSet(SqlServerCe.ResultSetOptions.Updatable + SqlServerCe.ResultSetOptions.Scrollable)

 

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2012
2 answers
192 views
I think problems show up after updating the latest components. I am not sure because I have not opened the form editor for while.

Teodor
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2012
3 answers
296 views
Hello
I want to use both type of filtering ( 1-custom filter row (wich is in demo) 2-row filtering) on grid,is it possible?
in demo using both of them at the same time is impossible(the filtering row does not work).
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 May 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?