Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
170 views
I see that the PITS issue to make the Aqua theme exportable/usable in the VSB has been deleted. Is there a reason for this ? The aqua theme is one of the long term themes in the controls now, is there a reason it wasn't enabled in the VSB to begin with ?
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2012
2 answers
276 views
Hi,
Is there a way to bind to IEnumerable<IDictionary<string, object>>.

Thanks
Holger Boskugel
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2012
1 answer
126 views
Hi,

I need to be able to move/resize a recurring apointment such that any changes are reflected in any future linked appointments. At the moment I can't seem to resize even the master appointment of a recurring series. Please advise.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2012
3 answers
298 views
Hey guys,

Just like the title says. I am setting the DecimalPlaces property on a GridViewDecimalColumn to a value of 2, both in the designer and in my code. When the grid displays, however, four decimal places show. Why is the GridViewDecimalColumn's DecimalPlaces property not using the value I assigned to it? 

Code: 

((Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewDecimalColumn)rgvGrid.Columns["Amount"]).DecimalPlaces = 2;
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2012
3 answers
424 views
I am binding the datasource to an empty datagrid.  Afterwards, I change the column headers and want to make a particular field a hyperlink.  I saw something in the threads earlier about having to add a new column, link the data to that column and hide the original column.  I'm not sure I understand how to bound data from one column to another.

    Using context As New FES_ThreeWayMatchEntityModel.ThreeWayMatchEntities
        Dim q = From lh In context.Invoice_Header
                Join v In context.Vendors On lh.Vendor_ID Equals v.Vendor_ID
                Select v.Vendor_Name, lh.Shipment_Number, lh.Invoice_Number, lh.Invoice_Date, lh.Invoice_Total
 
        invoiceList.invoiceDataGrid.DataSource = q
    End Using
 
    ' Create the hyperelink column
    Dim hl As New GridViewHyperlinkColumn
    hl.Name = "hlVendorName"
 
    With invoiceList.invoiceDataGrid
        .BestFitColumns()
        .Columns("Vendor_Name").IsVisible = False       ' Hide the original field
 
        .Columns("Shipment_Number").HeaderText = "Lot/Shipment Number"
        .Columns("Invoice_Number").HeaderText = "Invoice Number"
        .Columns("Invoice_Date").HeaderText = "Invoice Date"
        .Columns("Invoice_Date").FormatString = "{0:MM/dd/yyyy}"
        .Columns("Invoice_total").HeaderText = "Invoice Total"
 
        ' Add the hyperlink column
        .Columns.AddRange(hl)
        .Columns.Move(6, 0)
    End With
End Sub


Where or how do I bind the data?

Thanks
Bob
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2012
3 answers
382 views

When I search for an item in a row, the grid does not scroll down to the selected row.

The row is selected, but I have to manually scroll down to the selected row.

I have AutoScroll = true

Thanks

If filterTextBox.Text <> "" Then
    For Each row As GridViewDataRowInfo In LotDetailsDataGrid.Rows
        If (filterTextBox.Text.Equals(row.Cells("ISBN_13").Value.ToString)) Then
            row.IsSelected = True
            Exit For
        End If
    Next
End If
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2012
4 answers
476 views
Hello all,
I want to make ComboBox Readonly, i don't find a good Solution in the forum.
I don't to use Skin...
So
I implemented a simple code !!! that i maked with help on demo:
            if (ZoneText is RadComboBox)  
            {  
                ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).EnableViewState = false;  
                if (mode == ModeEdit.ADD)  
                {  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).BackColor = Color.White;  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).ShowToggleImage = true;  
                    //((RadComboBox)ZoneText).ShowDropDownOnTextboxClick = true;  
                    //((RadComboBox)ZoneText).ChangeTextOnKeyBoardNavigation = true;  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).OnClientKeyPressing = "";  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).OnClientDropDownOpening = "";  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).EnableTextSelection = true;  
 
                }  
                if (mode == ModeEdit.BROWSE)  
                {  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).BackColor = Color.FromName("#E6E6E6");  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).ShowToggleImage = false;  
                    //((RadComboBox)ZoneText).ShowDropDownOnTextboxClick = false;  
                    //((RadComboBox)ZoneText).ChangeTextOnKeyBoardNavigation = false;  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).OnClientKeyPressing = "CancelKeyPress";  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).OnClientDropDownOpening = "CancelDropDown";  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).EnableTextSelection = false;  
 
                }  
                if (mode == ModeEdit.EDIT)  
                {  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).BackColor = Color.White;  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).ShowToggleImage = true;  
                    //((RadComboBox)ZoneText).ShowDropDownOnTextboxClick = true;  
                    //((RadComboBox)ZoneText).ChangeTextOnKeyBoardNavigation = true;  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).OnClientKeyPressing = "";  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).OnClientDropDownOpening = "";  
                    ((RadComboBox)ZoneText).EnableTextSelection = true;  
 
                }  
            } 
    public enum ModeEdit  
    {  
        ADD,  
        EDIT,  
        BROWSE  
    } 
and finnaly
i make 2 simple function JS !!!

<script type="text/javascript">  
 
    function CancelDropDown(sender, eventArgs) {          
         eventArgs.set_cancel(true);  
    }    
 
    function CancelKeyPress(sender, eventArgs)  
    {  

        eventArgs.get_domEvent().keyCode =

null;

    }  
</script> 

Code not complexe, but make combo like textBox,
enjoy!!!!
Adrian
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 May 2012
9 answers
525 views
Hello,
I'm wondering if is there any control that display a balloon over another control to display information. Something similar to the notices of windows SO system tray but in our aplication and over a button for example, and of course more powerfull than a simple tooltip. Where I can insert controls like buttons, textbox, etc...
Thanks!
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 May 2012
1 answer
437 views
Hi
When I add button element to my ribbon group there are borders around it. How can I remove borders?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2012
4 answers
431 views
Hello,

I am currently researching possibilities for using multiple control types in a single GridViewDataColumn.  Namely, we need to be able to use RadComboBox and RadTextBox interchangeably in a single column.

I would just like to know if Telerik has encountered this question before, and if there are any reasons why this wouldn't be possible.  If so, how might you suggest a "best practice" for going about this.  I certainly have found very little -- if any -- scenarios of others needing this functionality.

I appreciate any advice that can be offered.

Best Regards,

Daryl
Daryl
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?