Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
240 views
Hello,

I'm trying to disable the in-place editor in my RadScheduler (in winforms of course) but i can't find properties that allow this...
I know that it's possible with the Silvelight Telerik components but I can't find such a propertie with WinForms components.
I don't want that my users could create appointments in typing on the keybord.
I already disable the Edit Appointment Form by clicking on cells but i want to disable the in place editor too.
How can I do this ?

Thanks, Celine
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jun 2012
1 answer
94 views
I was looking at the webinars coming up in June and I noticed that there is not one that includes any discussion of the WinForms controls for the 2012 Q2 release. Does this mean Telerik is ceasing development or enhancement of the WinForms controls?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jun 2012
1 answer
136 views
I can not inheritance Rad grid view from user control, when i change to another control,
Please give me the solution? 
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jun 2012
7 answers
771 views
With the RadGridView, if I have a checkboxcolumn and the user clicks on the checkbox, the value is not updated in my datasource (BindingList<> of business objects) until the user clicks off of the row.  How can I force the update to happen immediately when they click on the checkbox?  ValueChanging and ValueChanged don't seem to update my BindingList when I want them to.

Thanks!
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jun 2012
3 answers
241 views
Hello

Is it possible to make winform application with telerik radcontrols running under Mono?

When I try this out there is some exception and application doesn’t start.


Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
an instance of an object
  at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadFormControlBase.get_Font () [0x00000] in <filenam
e unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x0000d] in C:\cygwin\tmp\monobuild\bui
ld\BUILD\mono-2.6.7\mcs\class\Managed.Windows.Forms\System.Windows.Forms\Form.cs
:402
  at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadFormControlBase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename u
nknown>:0
  at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadForm..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TelerikGoesMono.MainForm..ctor () [0x00007] in TelerikGoesMono\MainForm.cs:
14
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) TelerikGoesMono.MainForm:.ctor ()
  at TelerikGoesMono.Program.Main () [0x0000e] in TelerikGoesMono\Program.cs:18

Tryck ned valfri tangent för att fortsätta...

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jun 2012
2 answers
166 views
Hallo,

Version: 2012.1.301

I use the custom filtering functionality like in Telerik demo "Custom Filter Row" (see attachment 1.jpg)
For the custom filtering I used the source code from this demo: (see attachment 2.jpg)

In my GridView are 16 columns and 300 rows. The performance of filtering is very bad.

In our scenario it is possible, that the count of rows is greater than 50.000 - 60.000.

Telerik's answer:
"The Demo application uses string based comparison of data for the search functionality, and string based comparison is an expensive operation. This example just aims to demonstrate a possible solution regarding the custom filtering operation, and it does not intent to achieve the best possible performance. The solution there is up to the developer that is going to make the comparison. For example, in order to have good performance in this scenario, you may need to implement some kind of indexing functionality and cache the result in a memory data structure based on row and column indices. RadGridView in the case of custom filtering only gets the result and sets Visible property for every row.

Speaking in the context of the built-in supported filtering features, the current version of RadGridView control does not implement built-in indexing algorithm for full text search. More information about text search you can find in
this stackoverflow discussion.

I hope this information is useful."


This answer is not sufficient.

Please help me, I need a high-performance solution!

best regards,

Daniel
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Jun 2012
2 answers
173 views
I have a gridview and  multicolumncombobox in that gridview. How do I detect the event when  I select the value/item from the combobox.
Tan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Jun 2012
4 answers
914 views
I'm trying to add and remove handlers as a page is loaded and unloaded using the RAdPageVIew Control.
I am subscribing to both SelectedPageChanging and SelectedPageChanged events to monitor when appropriate pages load, however I cannot seem to retain the previous page in order to know which handlers to remove.  I also can't seem to get the PageIndexChanged event to fire -at all.

I'm using VB.net with the latest build of WinForm controls.

Can I get a sort example to determine which page is closing and which one is opening.

I appreciate the help.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jun 2012
2 answers
172 views

Hi
I used from Hierarchy grid.how can i resize width of child grid .
i can resize height of cells of child grid with this code

void radGridView1_ChildViewExpanded(object sender, ChildViewExpandedEventArgs e)
{
    e.ChildRow.Height = 300;
}

but cant change width of child grid.In normal width of child grid is same with parent grid
Atefeh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Jun 2012
3 answers
356 views
I have a custom cell element within a RadGridView. The custom cell is a RadGridView as well. I would like to show tooltips on some of the cells in the inner RadGridView. I am able to do this successfully by setting the cell's tooltiptext property in the Cell_formatting event, however, I need the tooltip to show for longer and I also need to format it. So, I tried creating an event handler for the ToolTipTextNeeded event and displaying a Windows.Forms tooltip there, but the event is not being raised at all. Please see my code below. If anyone can point out what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it.
Imports Telerik.WinControls.UI
 
Public Class ClaimAdjustmentsCellElement
    Inherits GridDataCellElement
    Public Sub New(ByVal column As GridViewColumn, ByVal row As GridRowElement)
        MyBase.New(column, row)
    End Sub
 
    Private _radGridView As RadGridView
    Private tip As ToolTip = New ToolTip With {.BackColor = Color.AliceBlue, .ToolTipIcon = ToolTipIcon.Info, .InitialDelay = 500, .ShowAlways = True}
 
    Protected Overrides Sub CreateChildElements()
        MyBase.CreateChildElements()
 
        _radGridView = New RadGridView()
        With _radGridView
            .Dock = DockStyle.Fill
            .ReadOnly = True
            .ShowFilteringRow = False
            .ShowGroupPanel = False
            .ShowColumnHeaders = True
            .ShowRowHeaderColumn = False
            .ShowNoDataText = False
            .AutoScroll = True
            .AutoSizeRows = True
            .SelectionMode = GridViewSelectionMode.CellSelect
            .AutoGenerateColumns = False
            .ShowItemToolTips = True
        End With
 
        Dim GroupCodeColumn As New GridViewTextBoxColumn("Group.Code") With {.HeaderText = "GC", .Width = 25}
        Dim ReasonColumn As New GridViewTextBoxColumn("Reason.Code") With {.HeaderText = "RSN", .Width = 35}
        Dim AmountColumn As New GridViewDecimalColumn("Amt") With {.HeaderText = "AMT", .FormatString = "{0:c}", .Width = 75}
        Dim IsDenialColumn As New GridViewCheckBoxColumn("Reason.IsDenial") With {.HeaderText = "Denial", .Width = 65}
        _radGridView.Columns.AddRange(GroupCodeColumn, ReasonColumn, DescrColumn, AmountColumn, IsDenialColumn)
 
        AddHandler _radGridView.CellFormatting, AddressOf _radGridView_CellFormatting
        AddHandler _radGridView.ToolTipTextNeeded, AddressOf _radGridView_TooltipTextNeeded
 
        Me.Children.Add(_radGridView.GridViewElement)
    End Sub
 
    Protected Overrides Sub SetContentCore(value As Object)
        If value IsNot Nothing AndAlso (Not value.Equals(DBNull.Value)) Then
            _radGridView.DataSource = value           
        End If
    End Sub
 
    Private Sub _radGridView_CellFormatting(sender As Object, e As CellFormattingEventArgs)
        'e.CellElement.ToolTipText = ""
        e.CellElement.DrawFill = False
        If e.CellElement.IsSelected Then
            e.CellElement.DrawBorder = False
        Else
            e.CellElement.DrawBorder = True
        End If
 
        'Dim oClaimAdj As ClaimAdjustment = TryCast(e.Row.DataBoundItem, ClaimAdjustment)
        'Select Case e.Column.Name
        '    Case "Group.Code"
        '        If oClaimAdj IsNot Nothing AndAlso oClaimAdj.Group IsNot Nothing Then
        '            e.CellElement.ToolTipText = oClaimAdj.Group.Description
        '        End If
        '    Case "Reason.Code"
        '        If oClaimAdj IsNot Nothing AndAlso oClaimAdj.Reason IsNot Nothing Then
        '            e.CellElement.ToolTipText = oClaimAdj.Reason.Description
        '        End If
        'End Select
 
    End Sub
 
    Protected Overrides ReadOnly Property ThemeEffectiveType As System.Type
        Get
            Return GetType(GridDataCellElement)
        End Get
    End Property
    Public Overrides Function IsCompatible(data As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewColumn, context As Object) As Boolean
        Return TypeOf (data) Is ClaimAdjustmentColumn AndAlso TypeOf (context) Is GridDataRowElement
    End Function
 
    Private Sub _radGridView_TooltipTextNeeded(sender As Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.ToolTipTextNeededEventArgs)
        Try
            Dim cell As GridDataCellElement = TryCast(sender, GridDataCellElement)
            If cell IsNot Nothing And tip IsNot Nothing Then
                Dim oClaimAdj As ClaimAdjustment = TryCast(cell.RowElement.Data.DataBoundItem, ClaimAdjustment)
                Dim tipText As String = ""
                Select Case cell.ColumnInfo.FieldName
                    Case "Group.Code"
                        If oClaimAdj IsNot Nothing AndAlso oClaimAdj.Group IsNot Nothing Then
                            tipText = oClaimAdj.Group.Description
                        End If
                    Case "Reason.Code"
                        If oClaimAdj IsNot Nothing AndAlso oClaimAdj.Reason IsNot Nothing Then
                            tipText = oClaimAdj.Reason.Description
                        End If
                End Select
                If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(tipText) Then
                    With tip
                        .Active = False
                        .AutoPopDelay = 30000
                        .SetToolTip(_radGridView, tipText)
                        .Active = True
                    End With
                End If
 
            End If
        Catch ex As Exception
            throw
        End Try
        
    End Sub
 
End Class

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jun 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?