Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
5 answers
202 views
Hello!

I don't know what the name for this is, but I hope you understand.
I want to hide the 'GroupRowHeaders'. For this, I have attached a screenshot. The red marked area shold be hidden.

Kind regards

Michael

Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2012
1 answer
126 views
Helou

How to add RadContextMenu to RadButtonElement on RibbonBar.

Fore some buttons on RibbonBar i have data in db. 
I don't know how many items there are so I can't define the number of RadMenuItems.
I have no problem with read it from db.

You write
"Select the RadContextMenu component and click its Smart-Tag. From the Action Menu click on the Add ContextMenuManager option. This will create a RadContextMenuManager instance and will add a RadContextMenu property to all the controls on our form.     "
Its not true. There no RadContextMenu property  for controls at ribbon bar (or i can't fint it).

For some controls i wpuld like to do context menu like this

  Pos1
     Item1
     Item2
     Item3
 Pos2
    Item1
 Pos3
   Item1
   Item2


Thanks for help
Kamila
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2012
1 answer
164 views
Is it possible to paste images into the RichTextBox? (Screen capture, copy/paste from Word, etc?)

Using the demo app, it doesn't seem to work.. Is this something others have done successfully ?
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2012
1 answer
102 views
Hi,

I have a problem with using group descriptor in radgridview.. My problem is "Can i use group descriptor without sorting?"
Because my sorting already used from "order by" in SQL query and i don't need to sort from group descriptor. Can someone help me to solve this problem?

NB : I'm using vb.net so if you're know the solution, please give me the vb's code. Thanks.
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2012
1 answer
222 views

Hi,

I have designed a form in windows 7 using telerik  winform ,it looks good on windows 7 but when I run the application on windows xp it is not displaying properly , it looks it is not fitting the screen resolution controls(buttons,textfield,labels) are cutting and I can't see full form . please advise how to handle it ? 

I tested for same resoltion on both windows 7 and windows xp 


Regards 

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2012
1 answer
145 views
Hi!

I have a question: how can I bind a list of custom objects to a radgridview, where each custom object itself contains a list of custom objects.

Here is an example to get a clearer:
===========================

Custom Objects:

public class ArticleData()
{
    public string MonthName { get; set; }
    public decimal MonthValue { get; set; }
}

public class Article()
{
    public string ArticleNo { get; set; )
    public string ArticleName { get; set; )

    public List<ArticleData> ArticleDetails();

    public Article()
    {
        ArticleDetails = new List<ArticleData>();
    }
}

Filling with test data:

List<Article> ArticleList = new List<Article>();

Article a = new Article();
a.ArticleNo = "1000";
a.ArticleName = "Testarticle 1000";
a.ArticleDetails.add(new ArticleData { MonthName = "January", MonatValue = 10 });
a.ArticleDetails.add(new ArticleData { MonthName = "February", MonatValue = 5 });
...
ArticleList.add(a);

Article b = new Article();
b.ArticleNo = "2000";
b.ArticleName = "Testarticle 2000";
b.ArticleDetails.add(new ArticleData { MonthName = "January", MonatValue = 6 });
b.ArticleDetails.add(new ArticleData { MonthName = "February", MonatValue = 3 });
...
ArticleList.add(b);

and so on ...


DataBinding to Grid:

Imagine, I have a grid, with 14 columns: the first two columns should represent ArticleNo and ArticleName. The other columns should represent 12 months of a year with each MonthValue.

GridViewTextColumn colArticleNo = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
colArticleNo.FieldName = "ArticleNo";
radgridview1.columns.add(colArticleNo);

GridViewTextColumn colArticleName = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
colArticleName.FieldName = "ArticleName";
radgridview1.columns.add(colArticleName);

GridViewDecimalColumn colJanuary = new GridViewDecimalColumn();
colJanuary.FieldName = "Article.ArticleDetails.MonthValue";

GridViewDecimalColumn colFebruary = new GridViewDecimalColumn();
colFebruary.FieldName = "Article.ArticleDetails.MonthValue";

radgridview1.DataSource = ArticleList;

How can I achieve, that for the January column, the ArticleDetails[0].MonthValue is bound, for the February column ArticleDetails[1].MonthValue ist bound and so on??

Kind regards

Michael
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2012
1 answer
145 views
Hi, I have a radgridview and everything inside is readonly but in runtime when I press Ctrl+X or Ctrl+V it let me Cut or Paste in a cell.
How can I solve the problem?
I am pretty sure this is a bug.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2012
3 answers
293 views
Hi everyone,

I think that Telerik refers to a RadRibbonBarGroup as a "Chunk," which is contained in a RibbonTab.  I want to use contextual tabgroups as in the example: "RadRibbon/First Look" or something similar to "Windows 7 Paint".  I noticed that many "Chunks" occur in different tabs.

Is there a way to include a single chunk into multiple contextual / tab groups?  I have a color gallery with 30 buttons just like paint which I want to add to others tabs with minimal code. I also want to include a "Clipboard" chunk in several tabs.

What is the easiest way to do this?  Maybe you have a link that I didn't discover?

Thanks!



Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2012
1 answer
122 views
I have a gridview with filter enabled. Some columns are Text and some columns are combobox based. If I click into a filtering cell for a column that is combobox based then I get an empty combobox for the filter. I dont want a combobox to show up. I just want to be able to enter text into a textbox instead. How can I do this?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2012
1 answer
142 views

I'm trying to configure the track bar with a threshold value that is greater than the min and less than the max, the user can only go past the threshold value by holding the Control key will dragging the slider. I have tried resetting the value in the Scroll event, that didn’t prevent the slider from continuing or change the value; I reset the value in the ValueChanged event, this did not prevent the slider from continuing but it did reset the value back to the threshold once the mouse was lifted.


I was hoping to have a hard stop at the threshold, is this something that is possible?

Thanks

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?