Hi Michael Ash,
The workaround that you found was for RadSplitter for ASP.NET and in case I understand you correctly, you are using RadSplitter for ASP.NET AJAX. That is why, applying it will not make a difference.
Having said that, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Reduce the HTML that you show in the splitter panes. For example, in case you are using a grid, you can take advantages of its paging or virtual scrolling functionality. For other controls (e.g. treeview), you can use the load on demand functionality.
- Reduce the number of nested splitters you have.
- Reduce the number of splitters with size in percentages.
- When you test your application, set "debug=false" in your web.config file.
- Take advantage of our RadScriptManager and RadStyleSheetManager controls.
- Refer to the following article for general tips - Optimizing output, page load time and the overall performance of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items.