This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Will there be a Lite version for SharePoint 2010?

1 Answer 125 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
tiiiimmmyyyy
Top achievements
Rank 1
tiiiimmmyyyy asked on 15 Jun 2010, 05:19 PM
Hello,

Much like most SharePoint admins out there, we'll be upgrading out SharePoint environment to 2010 in the near future.  We have widely used the RAD Editor Lite webpart in our 2007 farm and from what I can see, there is no version for 2010.  So depending on the possible answers to this question, if there is no 2010 version, what are my other options?  If removal is necessary, how can I remove RAD Editor Lite from my 2010 test farm so I don't see this error all over the place...

Could not load file or assembly 'RadEditorSharePoint, Version=4.5.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jun 2010, 09:52 AM
Hello tiiiimmmyyyy,

At this point the only version of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010 is the Full ASP.NET AJAX 6.0 beta. We do not intend to release a Lite version of the control. The reason for this is that the Lite version is based on the classic ASP.NET RadEditor and it was discontinued more that two years ago.

Now regarding the the upgrade from MOSS 2007. If you were using previous versions of RadEditor for MOSS the webparts should still be working. However you will not be able use the control via its features in WCM and List scenarios. If in WCM scenario you replaced the original RichHtmlField filed with RadHtmlField, you will need to return the original control.

If you uninstall the solution, the only way of getting rid of the error messages is deleting the webparts.

Greetings,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
tiiiimmmyyyy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
Share this question
or