This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Where are the 2016.1 offline help files?

3 Answers 133 Views
Documentation and Tutorials
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan Avni
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan Avni asked on 01 Feb 2016, 08:06 AM
I have looked under the "browse all product files" but I do not see an option to download the offline documentation of the controls.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 02 Feb 2016, 11:55 AM
Hello Dan,

Unfortunately, we were not able to ship the an offline version of the documentation with our latest official release. However, you are able to locally copy our documentation repo in GitHub:

https://github.com/telerik/ajax-docs

If you need the chm version of the documentation, I would suggest you to submit a support ticket, where I can create an ftp account for you and upload this version of the offline documentation in this account.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Nencho
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Matt Smith
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2016, 01:39 PM
Ditto here regarding the offline help files. I am finding the online version totally lacking and missing all sorts of stuff. I am not sure what the rational was for this move but I am certain you didn't check with customers to see how they actually use their tools. When you have dozens of browser windows open, it is somewhat difficult to find the help browser instance. Whereas, when you have the CHM version, you have the icon in your tray. One click and I have my help.
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 05 Apr 2016, 07:10 AM
Hello Matt,

I have already created a FTP account for you, where I have deployed the referenced CHM file.

Regards,
Nencho
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
Documentation and Tutorials
Asked by
Dan Avni
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nencho
Telerik team
Matt Smith
Top achievements
Rank 1