This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

WebResource.axd not found (404) Windows7.sprite.grid.png

13 Answers 128 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 29 Jun 2017, 04:19 PM

Hi,

I am getting a WebResource.axd 404 with the query string "P1cfbt_tMqMFRD7W.....asPNRfcrST-9miVNk1". When decrypted it says "pTelerik.Web.UI.Skins|Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Windows7.Grid.sprite.png". All my other skins and sprites are loading properly. I have been through the telerik documentation discussing skins and WebResource.axd issues to no avail. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2017, 10:25 AM
Mike,

we'll find the erroneous reference and correct it / remove it from the styles.

Regards,
Ivan Zhekov
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2017, 11:18 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. However, I'm still wondering where this leaves me? Am I going to have to wait until the next release for this to be resolved? If yes, is there any current workaround?

As I mentioned in my post, I am getting occasional Ajax 404 errors on my webmethods, and suspect it may be connected to this error. In my browser debugger the location for the web resource.axd error is many times my pages JavaScript opening script tag. This leads me to believe that my webmethods are not being fully wired up. Have you encountered this before? Do you think this is possible? I have never received an Ajax 404 on a web method before. 

Thanks,

Mike

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2017, 11:20 AM

Hi,

Additionally, I don't know of you can see it or not, but I submitted a ticket explaining how to replicate this error

thanks,

Mike

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2017, 10:51 AM

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reporting this regression.

I have good news that it will be fixed for the upcoming R2 2017 SP2 release.

Kind regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Eli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Aug 2017, 11:20 PM

I have downloaded R2 2017 SP2 (Assembly version 2017.2.711.45) and I am still seeing this problem.  Was this resolved?  It appears that it is for this particular sprite sheet only.  The other resources load fine for the Windows7 theme on the radgrid.

Thanks

GET http://localhost:2636/WebResource.axd?d=P1cfbt_tMqMFRD7WGNd3NAJ458JgMs7dOOnEley1oJTHW4jpnbDfFeaONnfxpU00e5Zez6X5nCW9wyesGzLB-Xt1nnN3n2vqfRUjp-YOlngQ3FMuYHV3OWAfTX7HFJtg9-C6A306q_kNgyEHTLJeAVgHxpJ_4lVkl4hf0rHLs4M1&t=636353090780000000 404 (Not Found)

.RadGrid_Windows7 .rgEditRow {

background: #e6f0fd 0 -4900px repeat-x url('/WebResource.axd?d=P1cfbt_tMqMFRD7WGNd3NAJ458JgMs7dOOnEley1oJTHW4jpnbDfFeaONnfxpU00e5Zez6X5nCW9wyesGzLB-Xt1nnN3n2vqfRUjp-YOlngQ3FMuYHV3OWAfTX7HFJtg9-C6A306q_kNgyEHTLJeAVgHxpJ_4lVkl4hf0rHLs4M1&t=636353090780000000')
}

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2017, 11:19 AM
Hi Eli,

Thank you for reporting this problem.

We are aware of it and it is logged as regression in our bug tracking system.

I've raised its priority to high so that it can be fixed with priority.

Best regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Pritzie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Nov 2017, 12:33 AM
Is this fixed now in R3 2017 (version 2017.3.913)?
Peter Milchev
Telerik team
answered on 09 Nov 2017, 11:10 AM
Hello Pritzie,

I am afraid that it is not fixed for the R3 2017 release. 

Meanwhile, you can follow the Telerik AJAX Feedback and Ideas portal item for any progress on the issue where you can find a temporary workaround for the issue and the sprite.gif file that is used by the fix styles: Getting WebResource.axd not found error (404) when searching for Windows7.sprite.grid.png.

Regards,
Peter Milchev
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Pritzie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Dec 2017, 06:59 PM

Thank you.

We used the windows7-skin-fixes.css and it it fixed the Windows7 error. What we're seeing now in our server are errors for Vista when users are using that skin.

Are there separate fix files for each skin?

Thanks again.

Peter Milchev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Dec 2017, 08:00 PM
Hello Pritzie,

Just replacing "Windows7" to "Vista" allows the fix to work for the Vista skin. 

Replacing "_Windows7" with an empty string should make the fix applicable for all skins.

Please find attached both fixes files.

Regards,
Peter Milchev
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Pritzie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2018, 05:31 PM

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply. We used the all-skin-fixes.css you provided before and they're working fine.

We're planning to upgrade to R1 2018 (version 2018.1.117).  Just wondering if this issue is fixed in this version.

Thanks,

Pritzie

Peter Milchev
Telerik team
answered on 01 May 2018, 08:37 AM
Hello Pritzie,

We are still working on this issue and reviewing all skins that have such an issue and we will try to include the fix in our next official release. 

You can also follow the Release notes so that you know when this issue is fixed and in which release is available.

Regards,
Peter Milchev
Progress Telerik
Allen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 05 Jun 2019, 02:15 PM

Always get a 404 on this sprite.png reference.

http://aspnet-skins.telerikstatic.com/ajaxz/2018.1.117/WebBlue/Grid/sprite.png     fails.  This is an extremely minor issue but the reference seems to be off for WebBlue and maybe other skins.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1