This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2013 Ultimate not displaying Telerik menu items(extension)

1 Answer 62 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Naga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Naga asked on 19 May 2015, 02:51 AM
I installed the Telerik Data Access msi (version=2014 Q1 SP1). I have VS2010 and VS2013 already installed in the system. After installation and re-starting system a couple of times, VS2010 displays the Telerik items when I go to New Projects -> Visual C# -> Telerik...(4 menu items) as suggested in the install manual. But VS2013 is not showing any integration of Telerik and no menu items show up. I confirmed that the install of Telerik recognized VS2010 and VS2013 and after the install, the actual folder of Telerik (C:\Program Files(x86)\Telerik\Data Access\) contains both dsl2010 and dsl2013 with all the associated dll's. But for some reason, VS2013 does not show any Telerik menu items in New projects, Tools, etc. of VS2013.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 21 May 2015, 12:49 PM
Hi Naga,

Thank you for contacting us.

Based on the provided details, we were not able to reproduce the described behavior. Could you please help us to further investigate the issue as confirming the following:

1. What is the edition of your Visual Studio 2013? Could you please send to us a screenshot of the Visual Studio's About page (Visual Studio -> Help menu -> About Microsoft Visual Studio)?
2. Which Telerik products do you have installed besides Telerik Data Access?
3. Do you have a Data Access menu into the Visual Studio menu bar?
4. Could you please verify that the feature for Visual Studio 2013 was selected while you were installed the product? Please take a look at the steps below which will help you to achieve this:
4.1. Launch system Control Panel
4.2. Select Telerik Data Access and right-click at it
4.3. Choose Change option from the context menu
4.4. Press Next button and select Change options
4.5. Verify that Visual Studio 2013 feature is listed and installed

In case the feature is installed, could you please try to repair the product's installation and let us know in case the issue still persists?

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Naga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
Share this question
or