This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2010 Help

2 Answers 69 Views
Documentation and Tutorials
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ian asked on 03 Jun 2010, 12:14 PM
Hi, I've just upgraded to VS2010 and am using the Q1/2010 releaase of ASP.Net AJAX controls. I can't seem to find any help files for the Telerik controls in the new VS2010 help system. Do they have to be manually installed?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2010, 02:37 PM
Hello Ian,

Indeed the current version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX does not provide VS 2010 local help integration using Help Viewer 1.0. Unfortunately the process of porting the existing documentation to the new Help3 format appeared to be quite cumbersome and prone to errors. We will be working in this direction for the next versions of the suite, however currently I am not able to provide an estimate for the migration process completion. We will do our best to finalize the task by the end of the year, yet I am not in the position to make a definite commitment.

At this point you may consider browsing the online documentation of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX or using the chm files available at this location. Please excuse us for not being able to provide an immediate solution.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jun 2010, 05:21 PM
Sebastian,
Hi. Thanks for confirming the position.  Regards.
Tags
Documentation and Tutorials
Asked by
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1