This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2008 Project Wizard: VS2008 SP1 Not installed, But it is.

2 Answers 43 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael Ash
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael Ash asked on 04 May 2010, 07:16 PM
Hi,
When ever I attempt to create or modify the settings of a Telerik solution with the Telerik Configuration Wizard,
I get a warning that VS2008 SP1 is not installed.
I am running VS2008 Professional Version 9.0.30729.1 SP (SP1), Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 3.5 SP1,  and ASP.NET MVC - 1.0.
The OS is Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2.
Anyone know how to fix this? (or if it matters)
Regards,
Mike

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 10 May 2010, 09:25 AM
Hi Michael Ash,

Thank you for writing us.

The warning message that you see is just informative. It will not affect your work with the RadControls. You can disable this message using the provided "Don't show me this message in future." check box (see the image attached).

The reason for seeing this message despite the fact that you have the Service Pack 1 installed is that after installing Visual Studio 2008 SP1 you have installed another product from the Visual Studio product family which does not have the Service Pack 1.

Greetings,
Petar
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Michael Ash
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 May 2010, 09:06 PM
Hi Petar,
Thanks for responding.
Don't think I've installed anything further since the original install was complete other than .Net updates and MVC.
However, I'll ignore it and check the "do not show again" box.
Regards,
Mike
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michael Ash
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team
Michael Ash