This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

[Urgent]attachEvent not supported with Q3.2013.SP1

1 Answer 58 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gadi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gadi asked on 28 Jan 2014, 08:39 AM
Hello

We have installed the latest version of telerik Q3.2013.SP1 in our Application.  We have then the Javascript error on IE7 , 8 9 and 10:
The object does not support the property or method "attachEvent"
Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd line: 9 column: 2733

We have not problem in IE 11

This problem blocks our business application.

Do you have a solution for this problem(urgent)

Thanks for help

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2014, 09:21 AM
Hello Gadi,

This is not an error we have had reported, and searching in the net indicates that it is caused by the google web toolkit and an improperly configured IE instance: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/Google-Web-Toolkit/xf7Hv0pVHu4. Could you see if this is your case and let me know? Another thing I can suggest is adding an x-ua compatible meta tag witha value "edge" so that IEs try to stay in standards mode.

If this does not help, what I can advise is that you first try the Q3 2013 SP2 release that went out this week, and if that does not help - send us a sample page where the problem can be reproduced on standard IE installations with our controls. We would need to examine such a peculiar problem before we can offer a concrete answer.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the UI for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gadi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or