This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade telerik radcontrols from 2009 version to 2012 Q3

1 Answer 37 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
guillaume.lebel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
guillaume.lebel asked on 30 Nov 2012, 03:11 PM
Hi,

I'm currently trying to upgrade a web application that is already using telerik asp.net ajax controls with a 2009 version.

The application is working on IE9 with IE7 compatibility mode activited in the web.config file.

The thing is that when i'm trying to upgrade that version to the 2012 Q3 version for each pages that i'm having RadTabStrip or RadMenu on top of the pages, the following items aren't rendered correctly. When i remove one of the controls my page is rendered correctly after that.

Is there any change with the style stuff since the 2009 version or other thing that I should be looking at that might help?

Also in some case the WebResource.axd is not visible to the apllied style of any following controls (controls after RadMenu and/or RadTabStrip), but after removing the control from the pages all the WebResource style are applying correctly.

Thx for your help,

Guillaume

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 05 Dec 2012, 01:39 PM
Hi Guillaume,

In general we have implemented many changes to the controls since the 2009 version (especially changes related to the design and skins). Therefore it is expected that you encounter issue. Unfortunately there is not a summary list with all changes but you can check the release notes (at the end of the page) ordered by date here.  

My best suggestion would be to open a support ticket where you can attach a simplified runnable project demonstrating the issue that you encounter, so we can inspect it locally and help you out in the most efficient way.

Greetings,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
guillaume.lebel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Kate
Telerik team
Share this question