Unknown control type Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxProxyManager

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. ToltingColtAcres
    ToltingColtAcres avatar
    96 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2010

    Posted 12 Jul 2017 Link to this post

    I have a series of ASPX files which are use RadGrid. One of the ASCX's contains this code:

    <%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
                 <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Ignore_SearchTerm">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadComboBox_FK_PT_GUID" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadComboBox_FK_PT_GUID">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadComboBox_FK_SOC_GUID" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>

     

    I have two web sites running identical code (one test, one production). I part of the "Security advisory" received last month, I downloaded the newer version of the Telerik controls and updated the project, and pushed to Test. No other changes have been made to the code base, just the DLL version for the new controls (2017.6.621.45). Production is still on 2017.1.228.45.

    When using this ASPX file with DLL version 2017.2.621.45, I am getting an error "Unknown control type Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxManagerProxy" in my try/catch exception block for that page. If I change the project back to 2017.1.228.45 and push to test, it runs fine.

    Not sure what has changed to cause this behaviour. Any suggestions on how to work around/correct?

     

     
  2. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    14220 posts

    Posted 13 Jul 2017 Link to this post

    Hello,

    Can you please perform the upgrade manually as suggested in the following help article: http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/installation/upgrading-instructions/upgrading-a-trial-to-a-developer-license-or-to-a-newer-version#manual-upgrade?

    You might see this article too: Unknown control type Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxManagerProxy

    Regards,
    Rumen
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  3. ToltingColtAcres
    ToltingColtAcres avatar
    96 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2010

    Posted 13 Jul 2017 Link to this post

    I followed the "manual upgrade" process, and still have the same error.

    I already have the <add tag= directive in my web.config. I use telerik controls on numerous pages in this web application (there are about a dozen different aspx and ascx files) and this is the only page where I have this error.

    I use a RadAjaxManagerProxy on another ascx page, and it works fine. However, on this aspx page, it throws this error.

    This exact code base is running in production on an earlier version of the Telerik controls. The code base has not changed. It runs fine in production.

    I used the Telerik control panel to install the latest versions of the controls, upgraded the project to the newer version in visual studio, built, and pushed to my test platform. No other changes.

    (I've done this same exact thing at least a dozen times on this project over the years... the code base has not changed in probably 4 years, and whenever updated controls come out, I download them via the control panel, update the project in visual studio, and then push to test. once the staff validates the application is fine with the new controls, we push to production.)

    Not sure what has changed to cause this problem. At a loss to determine what else I should be looking at.

    I downloaded a newer version of the controls this morning. Version 2017.2.711.45. Same problem.

  4. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    14220 posts

    Posted 18 Jul 2017 Link to this post

    Hello ToltingColtAcres,

     

    The problem is really odd not only because it happens in a single page/usercontrol in your app but also you are the only client who experiences it with the latest updates of Telerik.Web.UI.dll.

     

    Can you try:

     

    Best regards,
    Rumen
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  5. ToltingColtAcres
    ToltingColtAcres avatar
    96 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2010

    Posted 18 Jul 2017 Link to this post

    I resolved the problem over the weekend by doing the following:

    a. completely uninstalling all telerik controls on my development machine
    b. wiped out all telerik directories left over in the program files and programdata folders
    c. removed all telerik dlls from the GACs
    d. removed all telerik dlls from other folders after scanning hard drive
    e. reinstalled latest version of telerik controls
    f. re-imported telerik controls into web project
    g. completely removed test web site/application pool from destination server, including destination folders.
    h. scanned server, removed all extraneous Telerik DLLs
    i. Restarted server. Recreated test web site/application pool
    j. pushed rebuilt app to server
    k. tested, worked fine.
    l. pushed to production. worked fine.

Back to Top