I tried running the toolbox configurator and selecting latest version. Nothing
Figured my control cache was corrupted so deleted that (TBD Files) and reran configurator. Nothing
Did the forum searches and google sleuthing, could not find the next steps for troubleshooting.
Where do I go next?
4 Answers, 1 is accepted
Since you haven't specified Visual Studio version, the following instructions are targeting VS2010, but they are also applicable for VS2012 and VS2013 if you replace the 10.0 version in all paths with 11.0 for VS2012 and 12.0 for VS2013.
Could you please follow these steps:
- Check if the Read-only attribute is checked for the "%localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0" folder and the files inside it. If the Read-only attribute is set, remove it.
- Start Visual Studio as Administrator.
- Right click on the Toolbox and select "Reset Toolbox".
In case this does not help, I recommend you completely reset the Visual Studio Toolbox. Following the steps below will help you to do it:
- Close all Visual Studio instances.
- Open the "%localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0" folder and remove all *.tbd files.
- Using the "regedit.exe" tool, find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller_AssemblyFoldersExCache" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ToolboxControlsInstallerCache" registry keys.
- Remove everything from these keys leaving them empty.
- Run Visual Studio again and wait until it recreates all items in the Toolbox.
You can find more information about how to add controls to Toolbox manually at http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-adding-to-vs-toolbox-net.html.
Please give a try to perform the provided suggestions and let us know in case the issue still persists.
Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.
What about Telerik Q3-2015 on VS 2015
I don't see all Telerik tools, I see some a few of them
Thanks in advance for your reply
I have answered to your post in the http://www.telerik.com/forums/visual-studio-2015-professional-and-telerik-toolbox thread.