Visual Studio 2015 Professional and Telerik Toolbox

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jerry
    Jerry avatar
    6 posts

Posted 03 Nov 2015 Link to this post

I've installed Visual Studio 2015 Professional and I'm trying to get Telerik items in the Toolbox.  I've tried installing it using the MSI file, the Telerik Control Centre, the Telerik Toolbox Configurator in the VS and so far, nothing.  I've followed the instructions for creating a tab in the toolbox and adding the items manually, but when I go to check off the Telerik items, they're already checked off.  I've rebooted, reinstalled and even changed versions from Visual Studio 2015 Community to Visual Studio 2015 Professional.

Gettin' kinda ticked about it, now.  Anybody have any thoughts?
  2. Steliyan
    Admin
    Steliyan avatar
    43 posts

Posted 06 Nov 2015 Link to this post

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for contacting us.

You have updated your Visual Studio edition, you may need to repair the installation or install the Visual Studio features again.

To install the Visual Studio integration features run the MSI installer and select the Visual Studio 2015 feature. You can check the vs2015-feature.png screenshot attached.

To repair the existing installation run the MSI installer and repair the installation. You can check the msi-repair.png screenshot attached.

Note that to be able to see the toolbox items you should be editing ASP.NET files (e.g. aspx).

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
    Steliyan
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Ehab
    Ehab avatar
    3 posts

Posted 10 Dec 2015 in reply to Steliyan Link to this post

Dear Steliyan,

I have the same problem, and I did these steps with "Reset Toolbox" also, but it seems no changes

What I found is that not all Telerik tools are shown in a toolbox, the existing tools are

RadButton, RadClientDataSource, RadDataForm, GridMobileColumnEditorBase, RadClientExportManager, RadDiagram, RadCalendar, RadGantt, and RadCloudUpload

Please advice

Thanks in advance for your fast response

5. Momchil
    Admin
    Momchil avatar
    58 posts

Posted 10 Dec 2015 Link to this post

Hi Ehab,

First make sure you have tried the Toolbox troubleshooting solutions described at http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/troubleshooting/toolbox-troubleshooting#the-toolbox-contains-old-item-registrations.

If that doesn't fix the problem please follow these steps:
    1. Check if the Read-only attribute is checked for the "%localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0" folder and the files inside it. If the Read-only attribute is set, remove it.
    2. Start Visual Studio as Administrator.
    3. Right click on the Toolbox and select "Reset Toolbox".

In case the controls are still missing, I recommend you to completely reset the Visual Studio Toolbox. Following the steps below will help you to do it:
    1. Close all Visual Studio instances.
    2. Open the "%localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0"  folder and remove all *.tbd files.
    3. Using the "regedit.exe" tool, find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller_AssemblyFoldersExCache" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ToolboxControlsInstallerCache" registry keys.
    4. Remove everything from these keys leaving them empty.
    5. Run Visual Studio again and wait until it recreates all items in the Toolbox.

You can find more information about how to add controls to Toolbox manually at http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-adding-to-vs-toolbox-net.html.

Please try all of the above steps and let us know if this helps.

Regards,
    Momchil
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items