In our project we need to provide functionality to print the RAD Grid, the printed output should support the following features
1. Print all records, not just the first page ignoring Pagination
2. Print output should preserve and show the layout changes applied to grid i.e. If user has grouped the data by one or more columns print output should show the grouping
3. Print output should not show the quick filters on the grid
4. Add custom header and footer both of which would have dynamic contents including page number
5. At beginning of every printed page column headers of the grid should be displayed followed by data
6. Change the look and feel to be suitable for printing- Apply different CSS for printing
7. Have the option export the printed output to a PDF document
I would appreciate any help on solving these requirements.
6 Answers, 1 is accepted
You can find answers to most of your questions in the export documentation (including styling the export output, removing uneeded content, export formats, etc):
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-export.html (also see the articles in the Export formats category which elaborate on the specifics of handling the different export formats)
You can also look through the exporting demos:
Check these resources and let us know if you still have any questions.
the Telerik team
Could you please elaborate a little bit more on the scenario which you are trying to achieve. If you need to get the rendered out put you could hook OnPdfExporting event handler and get the RawHtml from the event arguments. If that is not your requirement, I would appreciate if you could provide more detailed information in order to help you further.
DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Join the free online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Reserve your seat now!
By default, the exported file will be handled by the program associated with the appropriate file type. Nevertheless if you enable the OpenInNewWindow property it will display a message which allows you to save, open or cancel the export. Please make sure you have disable this property in your project.
DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.
i want to know that what exactly this return