This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik controls and VS 2010

5 Answers 724 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andreja Zitnik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andreja Zitnik asked on 02 Jun 2010, 11:31 AM
Hi,

I have ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2009 SP2 controls installed on my computer, and they're integrated with VS 2008.
Recently I installed VS 2010 (in addition to VS 2008). Do I need to install a new version of your controls to use them in VS 2010 or can I somehow convince the existing version to work with both environments?

I have a project that uses ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2009 SP2. I would like to move the project to VS 2010, but keep the same version of AJAX controls.

Tank you,
Andreja

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2010, 02:47 PM
Hello Andreja,

The RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2009 SP2 installer fully supports Visual Studio 2010. A full reinstall would be required, as it does not support modifying the current installation.

I would recommend getting our latest Visual Studio Extensions from the Visual Studio Extension Manager built in Visual Studio 2010 (more info). They will not interfere with the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX installation in any way and will provide you with the Visual Studio integration you require.

You can use the following steps to acquire the Visual Studio Extensions:
  1. In Visual Studio 2010, open the Extension Manager ( Tools -> Extension Manager...)
  2. In the left side panel select Online Gallery
  3. Type "telerik webui vsextensions" in the search box in the upper right corner of the Extension manager
  4. Install the offered extensions

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely yours,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
virgil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2010, 12:58 PM
Typed "telerik webui vsextensions" into VS2010 Extension Manager search field, but no results found. How can I install the extensions?
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2010, 01:09 PM
Hi Virgil,

Did you activate the Online Gallery pane first through the panel bar in the right-hand side of the Extension Manager?

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
virgil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2010, 01:26 PM
Hi,
There's nothing showing on the right-hand side of my Extension Manager - see attached screenshot.
Also, there is no option to manually download the extensions from the Telerik website My Account - see attached screenshot.
Virgil
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Virgil,

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Actually this is because currently the VSExtensions support only Visual Studio 2010 Standard Edition and above. We are working on providing support for Visual Web Developer Express edition.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Andreja Zitnik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
virgil
Top achievements
Rank 1