This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Skin Problem - Upgrade from RadControls ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008 to RadControls ASPNET AJAX Q1 2010 SP2

3 Answers 36 Views
TabStrip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kshitij
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kshitij asked on 03 Jun 2010, 11:26 AM
          I have upgraded my application to "RadControls ASPNET Ajax Q1 2008" to "RadControls ASPNET AJAX Q1 2010 SP2". I have used most of the controls in my application such as Tabstips, Grid, Menu, Tree etc. 

All of these controls were looks good in appearance. Some of them are using standard skin such as "outlook". But after upgrading most of the controls lost their skin and appearance. There is hung change in CSS files of skins. Current version is using png images instead of gif. How can I achieve same look and feel with updated version?

I have also created separate application which has latest RadTabStrip control with "Outlook" skin. But Tabstrip not displaying properly mainly background images not getting displayed. I am not figure out what is the problem.. Will you please look into it? Or its a known issue?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2010, 09:19 AM
Hello Kshitij,

You can use the skins provided here (read the instructions) - most of them should be compatible with the latest release (at least the ones you mention should be). Be sure to leave the base stylesheet of RadMultiPage enabled though.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Kshitij
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jun 2010, 07:27 AM

Thanks for your reply, I have tried your given solution. I found 2 different output of Tab control by setting EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet property.

1) EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" Skin="Outlook" Orientation="horizontaltop" Width="500px"

Attached Image : tabcontrol_styleoff.jpg (Orientation lost and additional bullets get displayed)

2) EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="true" Skin="Outlook" Orientation="horizontaltop" Width="500px"
Attached Image : tabcontrol.jpg (Tab images are breaking)

Now tab images are getting displayed but still the given css is not match with my latest version of telerik ASPNET Q1 2010 SP2 controls. Attached screen shot will give you more idea. 

Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2010, 12:33 PM
Hi Kshitij,

Looks like you didn't load the base RadTabStrip stylesheet on your page. Its called TabStrip.css and can be found in the archive, in the ConvertedSkins folder.

All the best,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
TabStrip
Asked by
Kshitij
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
Kshitij
Top achievements
Rank 1