This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sharepoint 2007 Farm configuration questions

1 Answer 45 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Walt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Walt asked on 30 Nov 2007, 03:47 PM
OK.

I understand "how" to modify the ToolsFile.xml, ConfigFile.xml, and other files to get the radEditor configured for my user community.

Two questions:

1) How does Telerik recommend that I replicate these modified configuration files to each of my Farm's web front ends? (besides manually copying them across each WFE)

2) Where can I place these modified files so that when I join a new server to the farm, and the radEditor soultion is deployed to this new server, it has my customized files in the deployment?

Thanks!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2007, 04:48 PM
Hi,

1) Until now, we have recommended to our customers to choose one of the web front-end servers and make changes to the editor configuration files there. After that, you should schedule a task to propagate those changes to the other servers. You can use the windows task scheduler and create a small batch job using xcopy. The xcopy command has a /D option that will copy files only if they are newer than the ones at the destination.

2) if you want to make some default changes to the configuration files, you can just repack the solution (.wsp file) and add them there. This way the changes will be applied immediately after you join a new server and deploy the solution there. The .wsp file is actually a normal windows cabinet file (.cab) so you can extract it with most archiving software (or windows cabinet viewer). You can also use the makecab utility to create a new .cab file later with the changes.

Greetings,
Lini
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Walt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini