Setting RadAsyncUpload TargetFolder Error

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Eric
    Eric avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 05 Mar 2012 Link to this post

    Hello all!

    I am getting a rather frustrating error with the RadAsyncUpload control.  When I attempt to set the TargetFolder and TemporaryFolder I am getting a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.  It would seem that I am unable to dynamically set these folders.  I have tried setting them from server-side, as well as client-side using <%=strAsyncUploadFolder%>.  When I attempt to set it from client-side I get an error that says there are invalid characters within the path.  Any assitance with this would be very much appreciated.  We have several layers where the code exists (ie - local, QA and Production) and I would hate to have to keep changing static paths within the page rather than using nice and neat settings in the web.config file.

    I have attached a screen-shot of the error I am getting, if it helps.
  2. Eric
    Eric avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 05 Mar 2012 Link to this post

    Never mind, I figured out what the problem was.  I didn't actually build the page, I just picked up where someone left off.  Come to find out they were trying to set this within the Public Sub New() routine, rather than in the Page_Load routine.  Moved it to page load and everything worked fine.

    Silly me!!!  :-P
Back to Top