Anyone who's interested - try this test page (a cut-down of my original problem page):
Play with the 'Stores' DDL a couple of times - do you get a Loading Panel that stays on?
This only happened when I went from the 2007 controls (Telerik's own Ajax) to the 2010 controls (v2010.1.309.20).
It uses an RadAjaxMgr on the page...the Stores DDL is a User Control, using Dynamic Invoke of a method on the main page.
ALL Ajax assignments in the main page are dynamic... the table below the DDL is all
dynamic controls (constructed from metadata).
There is NO Ajax assignment inside the User Control.
To try and resolve this, I have tried the use of ResponseStart and ResponseEnd JS functions, and then debugging the script to trace this: on debug, I saw this sequence:
- I changed the Store DDL setting
- program reaches the breakpoint in RequestStart;
- press F5 to continue, and the loading panel appears....(ok)
- .. and the program reaches the breakpoint in ResponseEnd
- press F5 to continue, and PART of the loading panel (or one
of the two panels) disappears - i.e.part of (or one of the two)
the loading panel remains stuck 'on'.
Have a support ticket open, but we're getting nowhere. One problem may be that the support person doesn't see this issue when she tries it - but I do and my clients do!
Happens in IE and in FF too.