This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sample Code databases are sql 2000?

1 Answer 51 Views
Documentation and Tutorials
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marc asked on 20 Mar 2014, 06:53 AM
I can't run the sample code projects as I'm getting the following error when trying to connect to the demo mdf files. 

Database 'Northwind' cannot be upgraded because its non-release version (539) is not supported by this version of SQL Server. You cannot open a database that is incompatible with this version of sqlservr.exe. You must re-create the database.
Could not open new database 'Northwind'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

We are using SQL 2012 express and server pro

Any ideas? I would assume telerik would have put out database examples more recent than 14 years!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2014, 04:37 PM
Hi Marc,

Thank you for contacting the Telerik Support Team.

The Live Demos are configured only to look for the SQL instance called "SQLEXPRESS". We are aware of that issue, however, currently I cannot provide any estimate when it will be fixed.

In order to handle that you must change the DB connections strings in the Live Demos' web.config file, so that they refer to the name of your SQL instance.

If you need further assistance on this regard, do let us know.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Tags
Documentation and Tutorials
Asked by
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
Share this question
or