This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

right alignment

3 Answers 3227 Views
NumericTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Randy Hompesch
Top achievements
Rank 1
Randy Hompesch asked on 30 Oct 2019, 09:50 AM

Is there a way to right align the text in both edit and display modes?

Thanks … Ed

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2019, 12:29 PM

Hello Ed,

Have you tried something like this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12114570/how-to-align-texts-inside-of-an-input?

Here's an example that did that for me (screenshot attached after the code):

<style>
    .rightAlign input {
        text-align: right;
    }
</style>

@DateTime.Now

<br />

@someVal.ToString("C")

<TelerikNumericTextBox @bind-Value="@someVal" Class="rightAlign"></TelerikNumericTextBox>

@code{
    double someVal = 1234.56789;
}

public static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            //this no longer works
            //System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US");

//you have to set defaults now
            var culture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US");
            System.Globalization.CultureInfo.DefaultThreadCurrentCulture = culture;
            System.Globalization.CultureInfo.DefaultThreadCurrentUICulture = culture;

CreateHostBuilder(args).Build().Run();
        }

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

UI for Blazor
Doug
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 26 Mar 2020, 06:48 PM

Marin,

Will you please shed some more light on the styling for me? Text alignment seems to work ok but I've had trouble with other properties. Hopefully this code demonstrates my confusion around the inconsistencies. I can get the properties to work in the numeric text box using !important (which confuses me but I'm not a css expert) but more specifically how would I get these (and other) properties set in the regular text box?

<TelerikNumericTextBox Id="onlyAlignmentGetsSet" @bind-Value="@d" Class="myClass"></TelerikNumericTextBox>
<TelerikNumericTextBox Id="colorAndAlignmentGetSet" @bind-Value="@d" Class="myClass1"></TelerikNumericTextBox>
<TelerikTextBox Id="neitherPropertyGetsSet" @bind-Value="@s" Class="myClass1"></TelerikTextBox>

<style>
    .myClass input {
        background-color: aquamarine;
    }
    .myClass1 input {
        background-color: aquamarine !important;
        text-align: right !important;
    }
</style>

@code
{
    public decimal d = 123.45m;
    public string s = "test";
}

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2020, 08:34 AM

Hello Doug,

The following blog post can help you review the rendered HTML through the browser dev tools so you can see what CSS rules apply to it and how to devise overrides: https://www.telerik.com/blogs/improve-your-debugging-skills-with-chrome-devtools.

The key difference (not an inconsistency, though) is that the numeric textbox has more elements than the "standard" textbox.

Here's a modified example I made for you:

<style>
    /*numeric textbox. See https://feedback.telerik.com/blazor/1458547-class-does-not-render-on-the-main-wrapping-element as it will change where the custom class goes in the selector*/
    .k-numerictextbox .k-numeric-wrap.myClass1 .k-input,
    /*textbox */
    .myClass1.k-textbox {
        background-color: aquamarine;
    }
</style>

<TelerikNumericTextBox Id="colorAndAlignmentGetSet" @bind-Value="@d" Class="myClass1"></TelerikNumericTextBox>
<TelerikTextBox Id="neitherPropertyGetsSet" @bind-Value="@s" Class="myClass1"></TelerikTextBox>

@code
{
    public decimal d = 123.45m;
    public string s = "test";
}

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Tags
NumericTextBox
Asked by
Randy Hompesch
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Doug
Top achievements
Rank 1