This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Reusable Content

7 Answers 124 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bella
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bella asked on 23 Jan 2009, 07:18 PM
When adding a Reusable Content to Rad Editor control, the Rad Editor control doesn't update with the new content  when the Reusable Content was changed. Is it a known issue?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jan 2009, 11:55 AM
Hello Bella,

Could you please inform us in what scenario are you using the Editor?

You should know that in WSS v3 environment  the default rich text editor does not support Reusable Content and selecting images/hyperlinks, because these feature require the MOSS asset picker dialog. Therefore you will have to use the RadEditor built-in tools ImageManager, HyperlinkManager, TemplateManager instead of the MOSS specific MOSSImageManager, MOSSHyperlinkManager, and MOSSTemplateManager.

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Bella
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jan 2009, 03:59 PM
Hello
I'm using the RadEditor with MOSS, I added the RadEditor as a web part to a page and used the TemplateManager to add reusable content.
I enter content from the Reusable Content library, when I updated the content in the reusable library my Rad Editor web part didn't get the new content. The same scenario occurred when I used the Rad editor as an HTML Filed control on the page.
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jan 2009, 08:36 AM
Hi Bella,

There is a problem with the automatic update mechanism. We are currently working on that problem, but due to it's specifics and complexity we cannot provide an exact ETA when it is going to be fixed. Once it is solved, we will include the fix in the code and release an update.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Ankita Suthar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2009, 12:57 AM
Hello,
 I am having the same issue with RadEditor Lite version4.5.6. I am using it in MOSS environment.Would you have fix soon?
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2009, 05:34 AM
Hello Ankita Suthar,

The fix for the reusable content is available only in the full version of RadEditor for MOSS. The latest one is 5.5.1. We will not introduce this feature in the Lite version of RadEdiotr for MOSS.

Kind regards,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Farmdev Support
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Feb 2010, 07:50 PM
Does this mean the Rad Lite feature does not support reusable code snippets at ALL? Or just for the ones that are supposed to be automatically updated?

I am attempting to add a reusable code snippet that is NOT flagged for update, and the code is oddly placed at the top of the entire page - and NOT in the Rad Editor.  I am using the latest version. 

If the feature is not working properly at all - the button should really be removed. 

Please advise.  I dont want to waste time trying to get it to work if the functionality is simply not there.

Thanks.
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 02 Feb 2010, 09:28 AM
Hello Farmdev,
In the Lite version of RadEditor for MOSS you can use the Reusable Content list only as a template manager. However there are some IE8 related issues with the control. Please add the following javascript code to the MOSSEditorTools.js file, which is located in the Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\4.5.6.0__1f131a624888eeed\RadControls\Editor\Scripts\7_3_6 folder and the problem should be fixed.
RadEditor.prototype.GetSelectedElement = function()
{
    //fixes a problem in IE 8 where the image dialog inserts images only at the beginning of the content
    if (window.RadControlsNamespace.Browser.IsIE && document.documentMode) this.SetFocus();

return this.GetSelection().GetParentElement();
};

var originalTableWizardCall = RadEditorCommandList[RadEditorNamespace.RADCOMMAND_TABLE_WIZARD];
RadEditorCommandList[RadEditorNamespace.RADCOMMAND_TABLE_WIZARD] = function(commandName, editor, oTool)
{
    //fixes a problem in IE 8 where the table inserts only at the beginning of the content
    if (window.RadControlsNamespace.Browser.IsIE && document.documentMode) editor.SetFocus();
    //call the original function
    originalTableWizardCall(commandName, editor, oTool);
}

This will fix some IE8 issues regarding the Image Manager and Table Wizard as well.

Regards,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Bella
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
Bella
Top achievements
Rank 1