This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Request is not available in this context

3 Answers 72 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
smith spd asked on 20 Jul 2010, 01:29 AM

Request is not available in this context
Referred this but no help.

at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Request()  
  at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.BrowserIsCrawler()
  at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnInit(EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
  at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
  at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)
  at MyPage.productControl(Page& Page, Control& ctrl, HttpServerUtility& Server) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test\test.vb:line 45
  at testControl() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\TestC\Ctrl1.ascx.vb:line 37
  at page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\TestC\Ctrl1.ascx.vb:line 15
  at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
  at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
  at tabMultiPage1_PageViewCreated(Object sender, RadMultiPageEventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Product.aspx.vb:line 324
  at Telerik.Web.UI.RadMultiPage.OnPageViewCreated(RadMultiPageEventArgs eventArgs)
  at Telerik.Web.UI.RadMultiPage.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
  at Telerik.Web.UI.RadPageViewCollection.Add(RadPageView pageView)
  at Home.AddTab(String stringName, XmlNode xNode,String ctrlName) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Product.aspx.vb:line 192
  at Handler.Submit(RadMultiPage& tabMultiPage, XmlDocument docRequest) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Handling.vb:line 101
  at TreeControl.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Controls\TreeControl.ascx.vb:line 424
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
  at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
  at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
  at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2010, 03:37 PM
Hello Smith,

Without knowing your exact approach with this case, it is hard to determine what is causing this error. However, you could try to set the RegisterWithScriptManager property for the RadGrid control to false and let me know about the result.

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2010, 12:50 AM
Hey,

I did try that but no luck.
It is throwing me this error when (i am trying to replicate the existing Controls to a new Tab) I am trying to bind the data from xml to the Control.
I did not make use of Request anywhere in my code.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2010, 11:43 AM
Hi Smith,

I am afraid that the provided information is not enough to determine the exact source of the issue you are facing. At this point in order to progress in the resolution of this matter I will ask you to stripped down a working version of your project and send it attached to a formal support ticket. Thus we could do our best to help you further in resolving it.

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1