Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
638 views
Hi,

I have a report that I am converting from Crystal that has a need to determine the page numbers for a subreport, which then get passed to another subreport.
What I do today is determine the number of pages of the details and calculate the start page and populate some text that reads "See pages 2 to 5" for example of the 5 pages.
I then pass that from the master report to the first subreport as a parameter to add to a text box.

Any ideas, suggestions on this one?

Thank you!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
4 answers
397 views
Hello everyone,
I have a website that calls a server side generated report, in function of some check-boxes selected. These reports are mainly exported in Excel. Each check-box selected should be a document map in the report and has to be a different sheet in the excel export.

For example there are 3 check-boxes:
- Generate report A
- Generate report B
- Generate report C
When the check-boxes A and C are checked, it generates a report with Document map: A & C and while exporting in Excel, it creates the sheets : A & C. 

How does the report know what report to generate: A String parameter is sent to the report, for this example the String "A,C" is sent, and so the report knows that those 2 reports have to be generated. 

I searched the several methods to do that :
1) Report Book
The report book is great. It creates a Document map and a excel sheet for each document map. But the problem is that it is not possible to work with the report parameters in the report book. So I cannot parse the String "A,C" that is sent to the report. The reports added to the Book are "static" and cannot be added dynamically.

2) Master - Sub reports
This generates a document map and it is possible to work with the report parameters in the master report. The master report parses the parameter "A,C" and knows that it has to generate those 2 reports . But the problem in that solution is that it doesn't create several sheets in excel; it puts all on the same page.


Is there a third solution I didn't think of? How can I generate dynamically reports and having excel sheets? Do I have to create a report book for each combination of the check-boxes? A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC ; and choose on the client side which Report-book has to be called? But that would make a lot of work.
Is it possible to have a master-sub report with several excel sheets? I don't think so, because it is one master-report; so, one sheet.

Thanks a lot,
Raphael

PS: I am using the version Q3 2011 SP1 of Telerik Report

Raphael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
0 answers
124 views
iam creating a report using object datasource.when i display that report the data is not diaplaying with proper alignment iam giving textbox alignment as left and can grow="true" though it is not working,it is working fine for IE8  and reamining browsers like IE9 and mozilla and google crome can grow property not applied
Rajankinath
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 26 Mar 2012
3 answers
974 views
Hi,
Does Telerik Reporting support convert from active reports (*.rpx files)?
Rpx files are described here - http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/reporting/telerik-reporting/creating-reports-outside-vs-net.aspx

Thanks in advance.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
1 answer
112 views
Hi. Tell me please. Am I can react on the printDialogResult in the report. I use telerikReportViewer Silvelight.  On OK I'd like to insert into database and on Cancel nothing action, Help me please 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
1 answer
183 views
I have created a crosstab, and it works fine. 
It shows months in each column, and sales per month. The problem is when a month doesn't have sales, this month will be hidden in the crosstab. I want the crosstab to show this month with zero values! is there a setting to avoid this tab-behaviour?

I'm using telerik 2012 Q1
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
3 answers
378 views
I am adding a Barcode filed to a report I'm using to print Avery labels for a parts Bin system. Each Bin label has the barcode of the Bin Number, pretty straight forward. I have not yet coded anything to read in the barcode but I would like to be able to test it before printing hundreds of labels. Is there some quick way of testing that the barcode will in fact return the Bin Number assigned to it? I am including an example of the labels I am creating and the barcode represents the bold number (Bin Number) on the top left of each label.
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
1 answer
229 views
Hi,

I want to display the data into telerik report viewer control through the Linq with stored procedure.

I have tried this but not get the success. 

Telerik report viewer showing as blank.

I used this source code also without LInq

 Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource objectDataSource = new Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource();
            objectDataSource.DataSource = GetAllData(); // GetData returns a DataSet with three tables
            objectDataSource.DataMember = "VehiclePlanInformation"; /// Indicating the exact table to bind to. If the DataMember is not specified the first data table will be used.
             
            //  objectDataSource.CalculatedFields.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.CalculatedField("PlanCode", typeof(string), "=Fields.PlanCode")); // Adding a sample calculated field.


            // Creating a new report
            Telerik.Reporting.Table report = new Telerik.Reporting.Table();


            // Assigning the ObjectDataSource component to the DataSource property of the report.
            report.DataSource = objectDataSource;
            
            // Assigning the report to the report viewer.
            ReportViewer1.Report =(Telerik.Reporting.IReportDocument)report;


            // Calling the RefreshReport method (only in WinForms applications).
            ReportViewer1.RefreshReport();

but not get the success.

Please suggest me. Its urgent for me.


Thanks

Vikas

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
1 answer
127 views
Good Morning all!

Definitely new to Telerik.  I'm coming from a slight background in Xcelsius, and I had a question regarding Tables and Charts.  Do these items have the same ability to expand or contract dynamically (IE: new data added on top of exiting data, or items removed as they are no longer relevant.....and the component scales accordingly)?

My organization is looking to shift to Telerik for a project, and I am just trying to arm myself with some knowledge when we do our side by side comparison.

Thanks!
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
1 answer
167 views
I am an untrained volunteer, attempting to solve a reporting problem.

I am experimenting with the standalone version of the report designer to see if it is a reporting solution that will work for me.

I am able to generate the reports I need individually, by inserting three where variables into the select statement. as follows

Select * from B_MRDATA where System = 'Inglemoor' and Level = 'Rookies' and Split = 'None'
Order By last

There are potentially 309 combinations of the three variables System, Level, and Split. Not all those combinations will be used.. Is there a way to automate a process and generate all the required reports at once?

Here is the xml code for one of the reports - I deleted the connection string.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me - Billie

(<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Report Width="9.90000025in" Name="report1">

<DataSources>

<SqlDataSource ConnectionString="data &#xA;" SelectCommand="Select * from B_MRDATA where system = 'Bothell' and Level = 'Cubs' and Split = 'Black'&#xD;&#xA;Order By last" Name="sqlDataSource1" />

</DataSources>

<PageSettings PaperKind="Letter" Landscape="True">

<Margins Left="0.5in" Right="0.5in" Top="0.25in" Bottom="0.25in" />

</PageSettings>

<DataSourceRef>sqlDataSource1</DataSourceRef>

<StyleSheet>

<StyleRule>

<Style Color="Black">

<Font Name="Tahoma" Size="20pt" Style="Bold" />

</Style>

<Selectors>

<StyleSelector>

<Type>ReportItemBase</Type>

<StyleName>Title</StyleName>

</StyleSelector>

</Selectors>

</StyleRule>

<StyleRule>

<Style Color="Black" VerticalAlign="Middle">

<Font Name="Tahoma" Size="11pt" Style="Regular" />

</Style>

<Selectors>

<StyleSelector>

<Type>ReportItemBase</Type>

<StyleName>Caption</StyleName>

</StyleSelector>

</Selectors>

</StyleRule>

<StyleRule>

<Style VerticalAlign="Middle">

<Font Name="Tahoma" Size="11pt" Style="Regular" />

</Style>

<Selectors>

<StyleSelector>

<Type>ReportItemBase</Type>

<StyleName>Data</StyleName>

</StyleSelector>

</Selectors>

</StyleRule>

<StyleRule>

<Style VerticalAlign="Middle">

<Font Name="Tahoma" Size="11pt" Style="Regular" />

</Style>

<Selectors>

<StyleSelector>

<Type>ReportItemBase</Type>

<StyleName>PageInfo</StyleName>

</StyleSelector>

</Selectors>

</StyleRule>

</StyleSheet>

<Groups>

<Group Name="labelsGroup">

<GroupHeader>

<GroupHeaderSection PrintOnEveryPage="True" Height="0.20003986in" Name="labelsGroupHeader">

<Items>

<TextBox Value="#" Left="0.02083333in" Top="0in" Width="0.19999949in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox47" />

<TextBox Value="Last Name" Left="0.22091158in" Top="0in" Width="1.17908843in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox48" />

<TextBox Value="First Name" Left="1.4000001in" Top="0in" Width="0.79992135in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox50" />

<TextBox Value="Address" Left="2.21882915in" Top="0in" Width="1.5810922in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox52" />

<TextBox Value="School" Left="4.80007903in" Top="0in" Width="0.99992116in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox55" />

<TextBox Value="Phone" Left="3.80000019in" Top="0in" Width="1in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox57" />

<TextBox Value="DOB" Left="5.80000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.99992116in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox59" />

<TextBox Value="BC" Left="6.80000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.29992167in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox61" />

<TextBox Value="AO" Left="7.10000038in" Top="0in" Width="0.29996109in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox62" />

<TextBox Value="PTS" Left="7.40000025in" Top="0in" Width="0.40000025in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox63" />

<TextBox Value="Wt" Left="7.80000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.49996122in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox64" />

<TextBox Value="Grad" Left="8.30000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.5in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox65" />

<TextBox Value="Ver" Left="8.80000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.29999987in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox66" />

<TextBox Value="AG" Left="9.10000038in" Top="0in" Width="0.29999987in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox67" />

<TextBox Value="textBox68" Left="8.80000051in" Top="0.09992123in" Width="0in" Height="0in" Name="textBox68" />

<TextBox Value="Tot" Left="9.40000025in" Top="0in" Width="0.39988136in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox69" />

</Items>

</GroupHeaderSection>

</GroupHeader>

<GroupFooter>

<GroupFooterSection Height="0.40011819in" Name="labelsGroupFooter">

<Style Visible="False" />

</GroupFooterSection>

</GroupFooter>

</Group>

</Groups>

<Items>

<PageHeaderSection Height="0.28125in" Name="pageHeader">

<Items>

<TextBox Value="Master Roster" Left="0.02083333in" Top="0.02083333in" Width="6.41666667in" Height="0.20000001in" Name="reportNameTextBox" StyleName="PageInfo" />

</Items>

</PageHeaderSection>

<PageFooterSection Height="0.28125in" Name="pageFooter">

<Items>

<TextBox Value="=NOW()" Left="0.02083333in" Top="0.02083333in" Width="3.19791667in" Height="0.20000001in" Name="currentTimeTextBox" StyleName="PageInfo" />

<TextBox Value="=PageNumber" Left="3.23958333in" Top="0.02083333in" Width="3.19791667in" Height="0.20000001in" Name="pageInfoTextBox" StyleName="PageInfo">

<Style TextAlign="Right" />

</TextBox>

</Items>

</PageFooterSection>

<ReportHeaderSection Height="1.51875019in" Name="reportHeader">

<Items>

<TextBox Value="Master Roster" Left="0in" Top="0in" Width="8.99996058in" Height="0.31874998in" Name="titleTextBox" StyleName="Title" />

<TextBox Value="System:" CanGrow="True" Left="0.02083333in" Top="0.31875006in" Width="0.99992116in" Height="0.20000001in" Name="systemCaptionTextBox" StyleName="Caption">

<Style TextAlign="Left" />

</TextBox>

<TextBox Value="=Fields.System" CanGrow="True" Left="1in" Top="0.31875006in" Width="1.19992113in" Height="0.20000001in" Name="systemDataTextBox" StyleName="Data" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Club Rep]" Left="1in" Top="0.51875003in" Width="1.19992113in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox1" />

<TextBox Value="Club Rep:" Left="0.02083333in" Top="0.51875003in" Width="0.99992116in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox3" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Level" Left="1in" Top="0.71875in" Width="1.19992129in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox4" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Split" Left="1in" Top="0.91875013in" Width="1.19992129in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox5" />

<TextBox Value="Level:" Left="0in" Top="0.71875in" Width="0.99992116in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox6" />

<TextBox Value="Head Coach:" Left="0in" Top="1.1187501in" Width="0.99992116in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox8" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Head Coach]" Left="1in" Top="1.1187501in" Width="1.19992145in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox9" />

<TextBox Value="Assistant:" Left="0in" Top="1.31875006in" Width="0.99992114in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox10" />

<TextBox Value="Split:" Left="0in" Top="0.91875013in" Width="0.99992114in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox11" />

<TextBox Value="Assistant:" Left="2.21882884in" Top="0.31875006in" Width="0.99992114in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox12" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Assistant 1]" Left="1in" Top="1.31875006in" Width="1.17908812in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox13" />

<TextBox Value="Assistant:" Left="2.20000013in" Top="0.51875003in" Width="1.01875019in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox7" />

<TextBox Value="Assistant:" Left="2.21882915in" Top="1.31875006in" Width="0.99992114in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox14" />

<TextBox Value="Assistant:" Left="4.26049582in" Top="0.31875006in" Width="0.70000013in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox15" />

<TextBox Value="Assistant:" Left="2.21882884in" Top="0.71875in" Width="0.99992114in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox16" />

<TextBox Value="Assistant:" Left="2.21882884in" Top="1.1187501in" Width="0.99992114in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox18" />

<TextBox Value="Assistant:" Left="2.21882884in" Top="0.91875013in" Width="0.99992114in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox19" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Assistant 2]" Left="3.30000019in" Top="0.31875006in" Width="0.96041679in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox17" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Assistant 3]" Left="3.30000019in" Top="0.51875003in" Width="0.96041679in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox20" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Assistant 4]" Left="3.30000019in" Top="0.71875in" Width="0.96041648in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox21" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Assistant 5]" Left="3.30000019in" Top="0.91875013in" Width="0.96041648in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox22" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Assistant 6]" Left="3.30000019in" Top="1.1187501in" Width="0.96041679in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox23" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Assistant 7]" Left="3.30000019in" Top="1.31875006in" Width="0.96041648in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox24" />

<TextBox Value="Ball Boy:" Left="4.26049582in" Top="0.71875in" Width="0.70000013in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox25" />

<TextBox Value="Ball Boy:" Left="4.26049582in" Top="0.51875003in" Width="0.70000013in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox26" />

<TextBox Value="First Aid:" Left="4.2604955in" Top="0.91875013in" Width="0.70000013in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox28" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Ball Boy 1]" Left="5in" Top="0.51875003in" Width="1.1770045in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox29" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Assistant 8]" Left="5in" Top="0.31875006in" Width="1.1770045in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox30" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[First Aid]" Left="5in" Top="0.91875013in" Width="1.13742065in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox32" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Ball Boy 1]" Left="5in" Top="0.71875in" Width="1.1770045in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox31" />

<TextBox Value="Pt Rng:" Left="4.30007903in" Top="1.1187501in" Width="0.70000011in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox27" />

<TextBox Value="Eq Allow:" Left="4.30007903in" Top="1.31875006in" Width="0.70000011in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox33" />

<TextBox Value="Cap Wt:" Left="6.17708349in" Top="0.31875006in" Width="0.70000011in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox34" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Pt Range]" Left="5.00015767in" Top="1.1187501in" Width="1.17684682in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox35" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Equip Allow]" Left="5.02307447in" Top="1.31875006in" Width="1.17684682in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox36" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Capweight" Left="6.87716293in" Top="0.31875006in" Width="1.1228377in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox37" />

<TextBox Value="Home Jer:" Left="6.20000013in" Top="0.91875013in" Width="0.70000011in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox39" />

<TextBox Value="Awy Jer:" Left="6.20000013in" Top="1.1187501in" Width="0.70000011in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox40" />

<TextBox Value="Helmet:" Left="6.17708333in" Top="0.51875003in" Width="0.70000011in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox41" />

<TextBox Value="Pants:" Left="6.20000013in" Top="0.71875in" Width="0.70000011in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox38" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Helmet" Left="6.90007909in" Top="0.51875003in" Width="1.09992154in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox42" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Jersey Away]" Left="6.90000025in" Top="1.1187501in" Width="1.09996096in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox43" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[Jersey Home]" Left="6.90000025in" Top="0.91875013in" Width="1.10000038in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox44" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Pants" Left="6.90007909in" Top="0.71875in" Width="1.09992154in" Height="0.19999997in" Name="textBox45" />

</Items>

</ReportHeaderSection>

<ReportFooterSection Height="0.28125in" Name="reportFooter" />

<DetailSection Height="0.29988162in" Name="detail">

<Items>

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Last" Left="0.19999997in" Top="0in" Width="1.19999997in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox46" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.[#]" Left="0in" Top="0in" Width="0.20000005in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox49" />

<TextBox Value="textBox51" Left="4.90000025in" Top="0.09988181in" Width="0in" Height="0in" Name="textBox51" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.First" Left="1.40007877in" Top="0in" Width="0.79984252in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox53" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Address" Left="2.21882915in" Top="0in" Width="1.5810922in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox54" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.School" Left="4.80007903in" Top="0in" Width="0.99992116in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox56" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Phone" Left="3.80000019in" Top="0in" Width="1in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox58" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.BC" Left="6.80000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.29999987in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox70" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.AO" Left="7.10000038in" Top="0in" Width="0.30000051in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox71" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Points" Left="7.40000025in" Top="0in" Width="0.39992078in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox72" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Weight" Left="7.80000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.49988238in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox73" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Grade" Left="8.30000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.5in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox74" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Verified" Left="8.80000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.29999987in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox75" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.AG" Left="9.10000038in" Top="0in" Width="0.29992104in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox76" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.TOTAL" Left="9.40000025in" Top="0in" Width="0.39992078in" Height="0.19999981in" Name="textBox77" />

<TextBox Value="=Fields.Expr23" Left="5.80000051in" Top="0in" Width="0.99992116in" Height="0.20000013in" Name="textBox60" />

</Items>

</DetailSection>

</Items>

</Report> )


Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?