Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
230 views
Dears,

I've just installed trial version of Telerik Reporting Q2 SP1 from your download center. Unfortunately, when used with VS2010, i can see the document template "Telerik Report" in Add New Item dialog, but, when added to my project, it only creates a cs file without wizard. There is no other way i could find to run wizard from any context or program menus.

In the forums, i've found something related to WPF environment in VS2010 that we must use .NET Framework 4.0 as our target framework. I also tried it but no luck.

I want to use reporting controls in pure ASP.NET website.

What can be the problem ?

Best Regards,

Ozan GUNCELER
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
1 answer
116 views
Why doesn't Telerik reporting have a built-in export button for exporting to pdf, excel, etc.? It seems like that would be a basic functionality.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
1 answer
214 views
I have a scenrio in which If report is generated in 5 pages, If click on page no which is generated like a treeview, It should be redirected to corresponding page. Can u provide a sample Ex or solution for it.
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2012
2 answers
202 views
Hi 
Actually i want to use Telerik Reporting for generating a bill for specific Patient (i m making sample project for hospital management).My issue is i can't navigate through the patients data..i mean when i select Patient ID from report's combobox , data on the reports is not changing...
Any Help 
I just see That INVOICE REPORT example just like that example i want to generate bill but don't want that lower table which is in that INVOICE REPORT i just want to retrve that specific contact information..I can't understand that demo video perfectly its making me confused because there is sub-report portion also have and i'm beginner..

So can u give me any simple example..
Just show me how to get two fields data from sql database that is Name & Gender on selecting patient id from reports parameter combo box..then when i will change Patient ID from combo box, data on the form  of corresponding patient ID also have to change . 

Kaustubh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Mar 2012
1 answer
172 views
I am creating a report whichs data is provided by a web service... This web service needs a GUID to be able to get the correct data. I am using an object data source and have set up everything (at least I think so) correctly. I have chosen the service, then the function and got to the configure data source parameters. I have chosen the userId to be GUID and associated it with a parameter variable. the problem is that when defining this parameter in report parameters I can't choose it to be GUID but only string, bool, datetime, integer or float. How can I send this parameter to the web service?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2012
1 answer
202 views

Converting crystal report to telerik and literally every field has the warning:  Overlapping items may not appear as expected in some export formats.  The report is populated with box shapes with multiple fields inside each box.  What approach should I take…convert the box shapes to panels…use a crosstab…other?


Type of project: C# Windows Class Library with a collection of Telerik Report Q1 2011 projects (one per report)

 

Step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem:
Add the Telerik Report item to the solution and use the Telerik wizard to convert an existing crystal report to telerik.

 

State the software you are using, including: 

OS version and applied service packs. Win 7 Pro, SP1

Exact version of Telerik Reporting. Telerik_Reporting_Q1_2011_v5_0_11_510_dev.msi

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2012
0 answers
110 views
At some point in the rendering process, the report resolves the datasource SQL statement and submits it to the database.  Is there a way in the Silverlight ReportViewer or on the Server-side to capture this?  We have an Oracle back end and I don't think I have access to look there.  Thanks.
Simon Kingaby
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 23 Mar 2012
8 answers
655 views
I tried to create a report using Telerik Reporting from Visual Studio 2008 but the designer tool didn’t start. When I try to open the report, Visual Studio throws me this message:

The service Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.ISelectionContainer already exists in the service container. Parameter name: serviceType

What's happening? How can I fix it?
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2012
3 answers
306 views
Hi all,

I try to programmically set the property "Report" but it doesn't work well.

the scenario is :
- i define my reportViewer like this (the Raport Property will not specify) :  

<ctl:ReportViewer x:Name="ReportViewer1"

Grid.Row="0"

Grid.Column="0"

Grid.ColumnSpan="2"

ReportServerUri="../ReportService.svc"

HorizontalContentAlignment="Center"

HorizontalAlignment="Center"

VerticalContentAlignment="Top"

ViewMode="PrintPreview"

Style="{StaticResource ReportViewerStyle1}" />


- i have 3 radio button (each radio button defined a report)
- 1 button, when i click on this button, i take the name of the report : ReportViewer1.Report = "name of Report"

I am using the ReportViewer in Silverlight 5 ( version : Telerik_Reporting_Q1_2012_v6_0_12_215) and I use a ReportService.svc file to generate the report.

Thank you for your help.

Alilou
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Mar 2012
2 answers
141 views
Hi,
we are migrating from version v3.2.9.1211 to version 6.0. 12.215. Now we have a little problem with the RTF renderer. We have noticed that in the new version, the renderer automatically adds an outer frame. It's size depends on the page margins of the report.

Here a document (no outer frame) rendered with version v3.2.9.1211: https://ideacreation.box.com/s/34777dbb2da29a851e45
Here a document (with outer frame) rendered with version 6.0. 12.215: https://ideacreation.box.com/s/cb329622dda92cf9a935

Is there a way not to render the outer frame?

As you see, with the new version, it generates a page break. When I delete the outer frame in MS Word 2010, the second page disappears.

Do you have any hint, how I can avoid the second page?

Thank you,
Chris

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Mar 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?