Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
185 views

Hi, I am facing problems publishing a site to the server. It works fine on my machine (on Vs 2010 enviroment), but when it is running on the server, the images which should represent the telerik report toolbar with a printer button doesn't appear (there are two "X" icons instead).

I'm using IE9.

Can anybody help me, have you got any idea what have I missed?

Thanks a lot, in advance.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2012
5 answers
264 views
Hi
I am using WPF telerik reporting tools version Q3 (2011)
I have a textbox in my report which I want to display the page count
when the report viewer displays my report, it has correct page count
but when I export my report to PDF file, the page count will be zero
I mean, the page footer will be like this:
Page: 3 From: 0
but the page number works correctly
the report viewer itself displays correct page count(in top of the window)
and finally when I click on the page preview button (in top of the window on report viewer toolbar)
when the page preview loads, the page count again will be zero.
I made this report by telerik WFP reporting tools version Q2 2011 and it was working well
when I upgraded to version Q3, I found this problem
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2012
1 answer
134 views
I am binding a chart to a data table at run time. This works great. However, if there are leading zeros in the x-axis labels they are removed automatically. How can I retain leading zeros in the x-axis labels?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2012
3 answers
202 views
Hello there,

we are using telerik reporting (latest of 2011 as of now, will most likely not upgrade all controls etc. before this project stage is done) and everything is working fine, but i am missing or can't find one thing right now:

I'd like to be able to announce an estimate rendering time once the datasource for a report exceeds a certain number of rows. With test data i created some reports that took like 20 minutes to render with around 12000 pages to be rendered, something i do not expect often in reality but i do not want to forbid to process such reports.

Is there any way to warn the user "Your report of an estimate XX pages will take an estimate XX minutes/seconds/whatever"?
Of course i could just use average values from testing with several machines etc. but that seems a very very dirty approach to me ;)

Thanks in advance
Seb
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2012
1 answer
210 views
Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to tell what the runtime location of a panel or other report element will be once the data is populated and the report is rendered...?

I am generating a report with some unknown amount of data in a table, then rendering the report into a pdf using the ReportProcessor and RenderingResult classes. Once the pdf is rendered, I hope to append some additional objects to the pdf outside of telerik reporting, so I set up an empty panel at the bottom of the report for this piece. The issue is though that I have to add my objects by specifying the x and y PDF page coordinates, I just need to know (even approximately) how far down my panel will be.

Is this possible? As far as I can tell the panel.Location coordinates are given in terms of the design time layout.

Thanks!

Robert
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2012
3 answers
420 views
Hello,
I have a problem acessing a Table's DataObject that lies in the Detail Section.
The Detail Section's Datasource is set to a list of Questions and I want to display
a List with the possible answers of each Question. So I use the ItemDataBind of
the Detail Section to set each Processing.Table Datasource:

carta.Items["detail"].ItemDataBinding += detail_ItemDataBind;
((List)carta.Items["detail"].Items["ListAnswers"]).ItemDataBinding += ListAnswers_ItemDataBind;

private void detail_ItemDataBind(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
            var detail = sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection;
            var processingTable = detail.ChildElements.Find("ListAnswers", true)[0] as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table;

            Question question = detail.DataObject.RawData as Question;
            processingTable.DataSource = question.AnswersList;
}

this works fine, but if I want to access each Answer object within the ListAnswers ReportItem I get a ClassCast exception, because
the List.DataObject is set to the same object as Detail.DataObject, even though I set a different Datasource to them:

private void ListAnswers_ItemDataBind(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table tableProc = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table)sender;

            // class cast error here, RawData is a Question instead of Answer, but tableProc.Datasource is a list of Answer
            Answer answer = (Answer) tableProc.DataObject.RawData;
}

What am I missing ?
Gustavo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
0 answers
459 views
Hi,

I'm trying to get working my first telerik report with version Q1 2012 but i encountered a problem. The main object of my report is a crosstab which is binded to an OLAP data source. The crosstab was working just fine until I update the data of the cube. Indeed since the update I get the following error :
"The expression contains object 'Value' that is not defined in the current context"

I investigated for a while and figured out that the error occurs only when all the value of a column (in the data source) are NULL.Unfortunately all the value of this column setted to null is a normal behaviour.

Have I missed something or done something wrong? Any help will be appreciated.
Gaël
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 26 Mar 2012
1 answer
222 views
Hi, I´ve been using the Telerik Report for about two realeases. I used to be able to set the ZoomMode to PageWidth, so that the ReportViewer showed completely in the ReportViewer, but now that I upgraded to the Q3 2011 SP1 release, it tells me that it is now obsolete and I shouldn´t use it anymore...

What function should I use instead to accomplish this?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
0 answers
209 views
Hi..

I am using Telerik Reporting Control Q3 2010. I want to display some dynamic datas in tree view format. Please suggest me how to achieve that using above mentioned version of telerik controls.

Also I just want to know how to populate datas using Listbox control in Telerik reporting Q3 2010. Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Irshad
Irshad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 26 Mar 2012
3 answers
191 views
hi,

I am add the picture box in telerik report in web application. And create the aspx page add the telerick reportviewer. i am add the report file in report properity, that time showing error message - Cannot create an object of type 'Telerik.Reporting.Report' from its string representation 'Telerik_Test.AYSO_Test, Telerik_Test, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' for the 'Report' property. C:\Documents and Settings\Parthiban\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\ReportSample\Default.aspx


Any one help me....
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?