Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
293 views
Hi..
We created labels with background image.
When exported on our dev machine it looks fine.
On the server or a user's machine the labels are all blurry when exporting to PDF.
We are using the WPF Report viewer.
Export to other formats works fine.
any ideas?
thx
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2012
1 answer
185 views
I have a crosstab table that I am binding to "Samples". Each sample has a date, I order these coming out of sql from oldest to newest (ie 01/01/11 comes before 02/01/11).

I have verified my IEnumerable is ordered correctly, as shown by the attached screenshots (photo1 & photo2). But when the report is generated, it does not order it correctly (photo3 & photo4). It also ignores the order of a DataTable (photo5)

Why is it ignoring the order of my datasource? Any ideas?

Thanks
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2012
4 answers
567 views
Hai,

I have created one Telerik Report. I set the height of the report viewer as 100% in aspx page. In my development PC, it is showing properly. But in deployment, it shows only 40% of the screen height. There is a scroll bar to scroll down evenif the data is small to display on one page. No need to show the scrollbar, if the data can be shown on one page. I have attached the screenshot of the page. Please send me a solution as soon as possible. Its very urgent..Please.

Thanks & regards,
Regeesh Joseph
Paul R.
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2012
21 answers
2.1K+ views
I need to show/hide certain table columns based on values of other columns, at runtime. Can a table column including header and detail row be hidden entirely? I am able to not display the column, but I need it to collapse as though it were not there at all.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2012
1 answer
312 views
After the recent update to reporting I'm seeing a NullReferenceException when loading a ReportViewer whose ReportSource hasn't been set. My particular use case is that I dynamically create reports based on user input and set the ReportSource through data binding. This means that the report source will be null until the user hits my "generate" button. This is an issue that is a show stopper for a release next week, so any sort of quick help that someone can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

To reproduce you simply need to load any view that has a ReportViewer whose ReportSource hasn't been set.

Here is the stack trace:

   at Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.ReportViewerModel.CreateReportSourceSnapshot()
   at Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.ReportViewerModel.CreateHistoryRecord(Boolean isTemporary)
   at Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.ReportViewerModel.LogHistory(LogHistoryRecord logHistory, Boolean logTemporaryHistoryRecord)
   at Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.ReportViewerModel.RefreshReportInternal(Boolean reloadParameters, LogHistoryRecord logHistory, Boolean resetCachedResults)
   at Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.ReportViewerModel.RefreshReport()
   at Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.ReportViewer.RefreshReport()
   at Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.ReportViewer.OnLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at MS.Internal.FrameworkObject.OnLoaded(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2012
6 answers
177 views
I would like to have print some thing like an invoice .

The problem I am facing in the if I want to print the format (the border lines) to be printed upto the end of the page even I have only few lines.
Is there any way to achive it , can I make the size of the  details are

I would like to get the print out like below , need to get empty lines ,


item Code Qty
item1 1
item2 2
item3 3
   
   
   
   
Total 6

Regards
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2012
1 answer
361 views
Hi,

I recently formated my computer, and then I reinstalled all my environnement, including telerik libraries with the new Telerik control panel.

But now I'm trying to open Telerik report, but when I double click on it, I'm getting an error in the designer:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/368403/Telerik/reports.png

Like Visual studio isn't installed correctly. 

Do you have informations about this?

Julien
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2012
0 answers
141 views
Hi I am using radcontrols for winforms Q1 2012 and telerik reproting Q2 2010. I have a problem with the language of the weekday displayed in a report.

I am listing the time a user has used each day on certain projects, However I would like it to display the weekday in the language that is on the target computer, right now I am using an english windows so the weekdays are shown in engish, if I go to a danish machine they are still viewed in english, how do I change it so that target computer decides the language?
Anders
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 21 Sep 2012
1 answer
161 views
Hello,

I am trying to add a chart in the group footer.  When I do this it seems to be displaying all the data ignoring the grouping.  How can i get a chart to recognize this and only display the values within the grouping?

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2012
4 answers
455 views
I've added the following code to my web.config file to disable certain export types and the rendering of column headers as rows in my Excel export:

<Telerik.Reporting> 
    <Extensions> 
      <Render> 
        <Extension name="CSV">  
          <Parameters> 
            <Parameter name="NoStaticText" value="true"/>  
          </Parameters> 
        </Extension> 
        <Extension name="IMAGE" visible="false" /> 
        <Extension name="MHTML" visible="false" /> 
        <Extension name="RTF" visible="false" /> 
        <Extension name="XPS" visible="false" /> 
      </Render> 
    </Extensions> 
  </Telerik.Reporting> 

It works exactly as expected in my development environment (IIS 5.1), but when I deploy to our stagining/production (IIS 6) environment, I get the follwoing error when I load a page containing the Report Viewer.

TypeLoadException: A null or zero length string does not represent a valid Type.]  
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +7663440  
   System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58  
   System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) +59  
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ExtensionManagerBase.CreateExtensionInfo(String typeName, String extensionName) +45  
 
[ExtensionManagerException: Error loading extension type with name .]  
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ExtensionManagerBase.CreateExtensionInfo(String typeName, String extensionName) +83  
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ExtensionManagerBase.Config(ExtensionInfoCollection extensions, ReportingConfigurationSection section) +285  
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ExtensionManagerBase..ctor(IEnumerable`1 extensionTypeNames, ReportingConfigurationSection section) +95  
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ExtensionManager.get_Instance() +96  
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ExtensionManager.ListExtensions(Type extensionType) +11  
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ListRenderingExtensions() +20  
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.GetRenderer(String name) +36  
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReport(String format, IReportDocument reportDocument, Hashtable deviceInfo, Hashtable renderingContext, CreateStream createStreamCallback) +206  
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ServerReport.Render(HttpResponse response, String format, Int32 pageIndex) +462  
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportPageOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpContext context) +119  
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +164  
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181  
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75  
 

Does anyone know what might be causing this? If so, what's the solution?


Phil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Sep 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?