Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
4 answers
126 views
Hi!

I have built a very simple report: in the constructor of the report a textbox is added to the detail section showing the actual date and time. I can call the report from Silverlight and it works as expected. Fine! But clicking the refresh-button in ReportViewer is NOT calling the report again, instead it is presenting the old one (I can determine this by looking at the time string which is not changing). What am I doing wrong?

This affects Reporting 6.1.12.820 with SL 5.

Regards
Neils
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Sep 2012
1 answer
131 views
Hi all,

I bind a list object as a data source in my report. I created a group and for every 'id' in detail section i want to show two properties in chart. Think that my class is

public class SurveyListGraphicalCompareModel
    {
        public string Question{ get; set; }
        public Guid? QuestionID { get; set; }
        public decimal? avgScore { get; set; }
        public decimal? avgScoreEx { get; set; }
    }

I produce List<SurveyListGraphicalCompareModel> data source from database and bind it to report in my
page's code behind like that :

Reporting.GraphicalComparison rapor = new Reporting.GraphicalComparison();
 myReport.DataSource = myDataSource;
 this.ReportViewer1.Report = myReport;


I grouped data source by QuestionID. And for every QuestionID i want to display Question and a chart(Avg-Sc
ore, AvgScoreEx) in a horizontal series orientation. But i failed and get "There is no or empty series"
error. I could understand how to identify a series regarding to data source field. Could not find any
tutorial explains how to dynamically data bind in telerik reporting chart.
 The examples i looked up were always on static data source. Could you please show me some examples about that or help me for this specific problem.

Thanks. 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Sep 2012
1 answer
1.1K+ views
I am trying to use multiple objectDataSource in a single report but i got an error

 Only fields from the current data source 'objectDataSource1' are allowed 


I added objectDataSource1 first then another one named objectDataSource2.

i need to add some fields in Report from objectDataSource2. but i get this error.
Please tell me how can i overcome this problem.
thank you. 

I am using Telerik Reporting Q2 2012 

Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Sep 2012
1 answer
419 views
We are using Telerik Report Viewer in our Web Application. During development and testing on my local machine I all of a sudden began receiving this bug while testing. Any thoughts?

An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Expressions.ReportExpressionContext.ResolveNameSpaces()
at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Expressions.ReportExpressionContext..ctor(Type methodInfoSourceType)
at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ParametersManager`1..ctor(IReportDocument definition, ICollection`1 parameters)
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.get_ParamsManager()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.CreateChildControls()
at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Sep 2012
1 answer
133 views
Hello

Is there a way to make the paging style for the reportviewer to look the same as a Telerik grid? (image examples attached)
The only way I can see would be to change the Grid using the PagerTemplate.

Am I missing something re the style for the reportviewer?

Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Sep 2012
1 answer
121 views
Hello,

Is it possible to set an interval on a line graph?  What i mean is lets say you have a series of dates and I only want to show every 5th one.  Is that possible and if so how does one do that?  

Thanks,
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Sep 2012
2 answers
109 views
I am creating a forecast line chart via code that show the projected amount for the whole year with actual amount for the given month in another series. 

What I want to do is hide the "future" value of the actual amount.  For example in my screenshot, I am running the graph as of July. I don't have any data from Aug - Dec so it's zero or null.  How can I have the line stop at July or make the line invisible after July?  I don't want my graph to show a big drop from July to Aug.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByWuNoN2Uz2DZG5NZ25yZGlOWXM

Thanks!
hin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Sep 2012
1 answer
69 views
We just upgraded from Q3 2009 to Q1 2012 and I am having trouble adapting to the new procedures. One of things that I noticed is that the Report Wizard no longer generates an .xsd file and the reports no longer seem to recognize them. Am I missing something? Secondly, I am finding it very difficult to find any information regarding this topic. Any help would be appreciated.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2012
1 answer
147 views
I am fairly new to Telerik reporting and I am trying to design a horizontal bar chart group by several items.  Here is the structure of my data source

public class SurveySummaryFindingGlobal
{
        public int SurveyId { get; set; }
        public int TotalNumberSurveyed { get; set; }
        public int TotalNumberResponsed { get; set;}
        public System.DateTime DistributionStartDate { get; set; }
        public System.DateTime DistributionEndDate { get; set; }
        public List<SurveyDept> Departments { get; set; }
        public List<SurveySummaryFindingDetail> ReportSummaryLineItem { get; set; }
}
 
public class SurveySummaryFindingDetail
{
        public decimal Percentage { get; set; }
        public int TotalResponses { get; set; }
        public int SurveyGroupID { get; set; }
        public int SurveyQuestionID { get; set; }
        public string SurveyGroupName { get; set; }
        public string QuestionResponse { get; set; }
        public string QuestionText { get; set; }
}

The datasource of my chart object is the ReportSummaryLineItem  property of the SurveySummaryFindingGlobal object.  I was able to create a ChartSeries item using the the Percentage
property of the SurveySummaryFindingDetail object through the Telerik reporting designer.  After I bind
the data source to the chart object, I want to group the chart by SurveyGroupName because there are
multiple data rows with the same SurveyGroupName value.  Also, I want to create CustomPalette using the
QuestionResponse property of the SurveySummaryFindingDetail because I want to display the percentage
per QuestionResponse (1,2,3,4,5,8,9).

I have attached a current screenshot of where I stand with the chart object. (The chart bat items are
clustered close together, still trying to learn the telerik reporting framework)
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2012
3 answers
176 views
Can the file name of the export be specified when exporting to PDF from the silverlight viewer?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?