Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
195 views
When I run my application inside of Visual Studio 2010 the Ajax Report Viewer works beautifully.  When I run the same exact code inside of IIS on Windows 7, I get a "503 Service Unavailable" error out of IIS.  IIS isn't writing any log entries to any of the logs (event viewer, access logs, failed request trace logs, etc.).

I have the same exact code working on a Windows 2008 Server with no problems.

Is there something special that needs to be done for deploying the Telerik Report Viewer on Windows 7?

Is there any way to find out what is causing the 503 error?

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
1 answer
127 views

 We are getting Error

No parameterless constructor defined for this object. at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.SerializableReportInfo.GetReport()

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.SerializableReportInfo.GetReport()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.SerializableReportDocument.GetDeserializedReport()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.SerializableReportSourceWrapper.get_ReportSource()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.get_ReportDocument()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.get_ParamsManager()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.CreateChildControls()
at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)


Binding datatable to telerik:ReportViewer

using Telerik.Reporting;
/// <summary>
/// Summary description for VersionHistory.
/// </summary>
public partial class RptVersionHistory : Report
{
public RptVersionHistory(DataTable dtable )
{
//
// Required for telerik Reporting designer support
//
InitializeComponent();
this.textBox8.Name = "Title";
this.textBox2.Name = "Version";
this.textBox3.Name = "Created By";
this.textBox7.Name = "Created Date";
this.textBox5.Name = "Modified By";
this.textBox4.Name = "Modified Date";
this.textBox1.Name = "Title";
this.DataSource = dtable;
//
// TODO: Add any constructor code after InitializeComponent call
//
}

In sharepoint application page in Page_Load calling as..

if (!this.IsPostBack)
{
InstanceReportSource reportSource = new InstanceReportSource
{ ReportDocument = new RptVersionHistory(this.DataTable) };
this.ReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource;
}

It’s working fine in Dev. Server but not on production it showing above error anyone knows how to find out error?

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
1 answer
81 views

For testing, I have a pie chart with 8 items.  The YValue of the item will be set in the NeedDataSource event. Since I am using the Telerik skin, the first item is green, second is yellow, third is red, and so on.  I need to have these color consistent since I will be referencing the color elswhere on the report.

Item1 = green
Item2 = yellow
Item3 = red
Item4 = blue

If I add only the items that have non-zero value the color will not be consistent.   For example, Item2 is zero then if I add Item1 then Item3:

Item1 = green
Item3 = yellow
Item4 = red
Item5 = blue

I need to make some of the items invisible.  However, setting Visible = false does NOT hide the item.  Suggestion?

I also tried the Remove() method but I get "An eroor occured while processing Chart... Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

foreach (ChartSeriesItem i in responseSeries.Items)
{
    ...
    if (i.YValue == 0)
    {
        i.Visible = false;                   
    }
   ...
}

 

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
3 answers
244 views
I successfully bound the datasource of the reportviewer, but the reportviewer itself isn't showing anything up. What am I missing?

var thisDataSet = SqlHelper.ExecuteDataset ( "Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=QmanagerDEV;User ID=sa;Password=secret", CommandType.StoredProcedure, "spQtask_SelectTaskBySimpleSearchToReport", SqlParameterList ( true ).ToArray () );
 
var objectDataSource = new Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource();
objectDataSource.DataSource = thisDataSet;
 
Telerik.Reporting.Report report = new Report();
report.DataSource = objectDataSource;
 
Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource reportSource = new InstanceReportSource();
reportSource.ReportDocument = report;
 
ReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource;
ReportViewer1.RefreshReport ();

I haven been trying to set the design of a Telerik ReportViewer, but not succeeded.
Is there a how-to somewhere, where I can see how to bind the design?

Thanks in advance,
Regards
 -Martin
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2012
2 answers
172 views
I have chosen the Mac skin and added a hatch to the Series-->Appearance-->FillStyle. In Fill Settings I have made my MainColor White and left the SecondColor what the skin populated.
In the designer the changes look the way I want and expect however at runtime it reverts back to the skin without hatching.
See the two images for a better idea. I am suspecting the Skin is overiding any changes I am trying to make.
Is there a way to add a hatch to series when you use a skin?

Thanks for any help
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2012
0 answers
117 views
Hi Champs,

Hi,

I am also facing same problem to display hierarchical collections. My object is like below.

Class QuestionScenario
{
public string Name{get;set;}


private ModelVersion _modelVersion;
public virtual ModelVersion ModelVersion 
{ 
   get
   {
       return this._modelVersion;
   }
   set
   {
       this._modelVersion = value;
   }
}


private IList<Answer> _answers = new List<Answer>();
public virtual IList<Answer> Answers 
{ 
   get
   {
       return this._answers;
   }
}

}

public partial class ModelVersion
{
private Guid _modelVersionID;
public virtual Guid ModelVersionID 
{ 
   get
   {
       return this._modelVersionID;
   }
   set
   {
       this._modelVersionID = value;
   }
}


private IList<Question> _questions = new List<Question>();
public virtual IList<Question> Questions 
{ 
   get
   {
       return this._questions;
   }
}
}


Again question class has some property.

Now i want to display name from class QuestionScenario
and QuestionText from QuestionClass. i.e inside the modelversion class on My report page. 

If possible please give a sample.

Thanks in Advance.
DS
divyalok
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Oct 2012
1 answer
87 views
We have some reports that have table with header and detail data and charts on the same report and some with just the table with header and detail data. So we are using the report viewer control in Asp.nEt MVC environment. Is there a better approach to this?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2012
1 answer
107 views
What is the best way to pass in data for the chart and the table with header and details on the same report.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2012
4 answers
167 views
Is it possible to add 3d graphs on reports(Without using WPF)?

Thanks in advance
Swpanil Trambake
Sr. Developer
Subramanya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Oct 2012
8 answers
668 views
I would kindly need to know if it is possible to have a custom text for labels on a chart pie slice different from the one set for legend items. Pie chart is bound to an ObjectDataSource.

e.g. Chart label displays the numeric value of the item while legend holds a descriptive name for the item.

Thank you in advance !

Federico Blaseotto
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Oct 2012
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?