Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
159 views
Let's say that I have a crosstab report and the # of columns will exceed the width of the page.  If I have columns A,B,C,D,E and only  three columns, and three rows print on a page I get a print out like this (for invoices 1-6):

Page 1

Invoice # |   A   |   B   |   C
---------------------------------------
1
2
3

Page 2
Invoice # |   D   |   E
---------------------------------------
1
2
3

Page 3
Invoice # |   A   |   B   |   C

---------------------------------------
4
5
6

Page 4
Invoice # |  D   |  E   

---------------------------------------
4
5
6


What can I do to so that the report will display information that looks like this:
Page 1

Invoice # |   A   |   B   |   C
---------------------------------------
1
2
3

Page 2
Invoice # |   A   |   B   | C
---------------------------------------
4
5
6

Page 3
Invoice # |   D   | E   

---------------------------------------
1
2
3

Page 4
Invoice # |  D   |  E   

---------------------------------------
4
5
6



I hope that this example is clear, please let me know how I can clarify my request.  


Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2013
1 answer
1.7K+ views
Can I get some help with this dilemma?

I tried to create a new Q2 2013 report into an existing project only to see this error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Reporting, Version=4.2.10.1110, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Prior to adding this new item I had deleted the reference to Telerik.Reporting from my project, and then let VS2010 add the appropriate reference. The version is 7.1.13.802; the runtime version is v4.0.30319.

All of my projects in this solution are configured to use .net 4.0.

I have tried to use the Reporting --> Upgrade Wizard, which tells me the upgrade was successful. I have cleaned and rebuilt the project after running the wizard. I have restarted Visual Studio, and the workstation (running Win7 Pro x64).

All of the other Telerik controls work fine in the project and solution.

Here is the call stack information:
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignTimeAssemblyLoader.LoadRuntimeAssembly(AssemblyName targetAssemblyName)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkUniverse.LoadRuntimeAssembly(AssemblyName assemblyName)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkUtil.GetRuntimeType(Type type)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkType.TryGetRuntimeType()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkUtil.EnsureRuntimeType(Type type)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkUtil.GetAttributeArgumentValue(Type argType, Object value)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkUtil.ConstructAttribute(CustomAttributeData data)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkUtil.GetCustomAttributes(ICustomAttributesDataProvider member, Type filter, CustomAttributesCache cache)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkUtil.GetCustomAttributes(Type type, Type filter, Boolean inherit, CustomAttributesCache cache)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkType.GetCustomAttributes(Type filter, Boolean inherit)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkAttributeCollection.GetAttributes(Type type, Type filter)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkAttributeCollection.GetAttributes(MemberInfo member, Type filter)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.VsTargetFrameworkAttributeCollection.get_Attributes()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSDesignSurface.EnsureExtensions(IComponent component)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSDesignSurface.CreateInstance(Type type)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.CreateComponent(Type componentType, String name)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
at Telerik.Reporting.Design.ReportCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload) 
Trent
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Aug 2013
4 answers
170 views
I have a reportbook containing 150+ reports.  I'm looking for a way to add in a blank page on reports with an odd number of pages so that a report does not start on the back of a previous report when printing duplex.

Thanks,
   Wayne

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Aug 2013
1 answer
226 views
Hello,
  
We are trying to keep first group header and detail together on every page. It works when we set,
reportGroup.GroupKeepTogether = GroupKeepTogether.All;
But following is not working,
reportGroup.GroupKeepTogether = GroupKeepTogether.FirstDetail;
  
Please help.
  
Regards,
Manish
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Aug 2013
7 answers
286 views
I have built a generalized report viewer page, with up to 50 potential reports to select from, depending on the context.

I realize that each report is a "class" and therefore you cannot just treat it like you would assign a value to a parameter.

But I'm wondering if there is a way to replace this select and the hard-coding of the report classes, into something more dynamic.

I've tried to move the SQL setup outside the case logic, reducing the repeated lines by half, but the report object loses scope outside the case statement, and the compiler balks.

I've seen another thread that does something similar with C, but I don't know enough to translate it into VB. (VS2010)

Select Case Me.Report_Selection_Combo.SelectedValue
    Case "publication_summary_report"
        Dim report1 As New Publication_Summary_Report
        ReportViewer1.Report = report1
        Dim sqlDataSource1 As Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource = DirectCast(report1.DataSource, Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource)
        sqlDataSource1.SelectCommand = StrConv(HttpContext.Current.Session("sql_select"), VbStrConv.Lowercase)
          
    Case "publication_standard_report"
        Dim report1 As New Publication_Standard_Report
        ReportViewer1.Report = report1
        Dim sqlDataSource1 As Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource = DirectCast(report1.DataSource, Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource)
        sqlDataSource1.SelectCommand = StrConv(HttpContext.Current.Session("sql_select"), VbStrConv.Lowercase)
    Case "publication_catalog_report"
        Dim report1 As New Publication_Catalog_Report
        ReportViewer1.Report = report1


line 2
Rielly
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2013
3 answers
158 views
Hello all,

I am trying to put a table in my detail section that would have a separate data source. I would like to know if it is possible to filter the records in the table by a unique set of keys from the Fields in my detail section (which has a separate data source). If this is possible I would appreciate any advice on how this would be done.

Thanks
Zack
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2013
3 answers
194 views
Hello Telerik,
I am working with Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 in VS 2012.
The last year I successfully build a lot of reports (free format , tables, crosstables, etc.) but now I am very disappointed and desperate in creating reports with some nice charts. The requirement is to build a chart like figure 1 (see attachment). I was not lucky either using Charts nor Graphs.
I followed the instructions of the tutorial "Product Line Sales Video" which really is not very helpful, because it takes a lot of time in styling any report headers and fading out when details of the charts are to be set.
Here some detail questions:
1. What is better to use Charts or Graphs?
2. Why do I get this error in the Chart: the type of column with Name ANZ_MONTAGEN is not numeric (this field is numeric!)
3. in the Chart: how can I show the countries in the legend instead of "Series 1" ?
4. how can the legend be sorted by top 10 amount desc?
5. how can the pie label be shown in percentage?
6. how can I show the top 10 amount and additionally other amounts (the rest)?
7. is it possible to build charts or graphs in 3D?

It would be great to get some help.
Thanks
Irmgard
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2013
1 answer
76 views
I am quite new to the entity frame work my context has created the following for me  and i am trying to retrieve the values from the following to tables as well AppraisalReadiness  and AppraisalTalentRating which are both lookup tables with the descriptions in them and a code my question is using the query below how to add the reference in for the above to table but still having it return a list.

   public List<appraisal> GetAppraisal(int employeeId)
        {
            List<appraisal> Appraisals = new List<appraisal>();

            try
            {

                Appraisals = pamsEntities.appraisals.Where(a => a.emp_no == employeeId).ToList();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                throw new EntityContextException("GetAppraisal failed.", ex);
            }


            return Appraisals;
        }
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2013
1 answer
157 views
Is there a way to display category labels on a pie graph?  I wanted to create a pie with a category of Year (for example).  The pie gets generated with a layer for each year, but it doesn't say which is which.  There is a label property for category groups, but doesn't seem to do anything. 

IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2013
1 answer
242 views

Hello,

I'm updating a telerik TableCell with a C# data array (double[][]), and by now I'm updating the cells in the table by cell (for each cell in tablecell).

I would like to do on of this other options:

1. access a range of a row (subset) and set it with a list or array of the same length
2. access a row and set to a list or array.
3. access each cell element by asking for it by row & col in the table and set the value on the element
       
Is there any possibilities?

Thanks.
IvanY
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?