Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
405 views


How to I specify the scope as the report?


I am binding a datasource to the report programmatically.
I am not using a table to display the detail data, only textboxes which display field values using "[=Fields.FieldName]".

Thanks.


I want to get this, i use TextBoxs in my detail.

  A                  X                 Y                   Z  (X-Y accumulative)
  a                10                 2                   8
  b       6                 3                  11
  c                  0                 5                   6
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Aug 2013
2 answers
187 views
Hello All,

I have a report which works fine and it is set to my report viewer.  I have the SQL select statement hard coded.  I have a dropdown box on the same page and I want to append that user name to the select statement.  I am a bit confounded on how to change the select statement.  Here is the code and I want to dynamically hand in the user id (which is 4 in my hard coded case).  I know how to get the selected item out of the dropdown...it just isn't clear how I get the web page to hand it into the report.  Any thoughts? 
Thank you.
William

public ReportClass()

{

StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();

InitializeComponent();

 

sb.Append("select SY.name_system, SE.id_employee, SE.id_system, SE.id_user, SE.date_change").Append(" ");

sb.Append("from Secured SE").Append(" ");

sb.Append("inner join Systems SY on SY.id_system=SE.id_system").Append(" ");

sb.Append("where SE.is_active=1 and SE.id_employee=").Append("4").Append(" ");

sb.Append("Order by SE.date_change DESC");

sqlSource.SelectCommand = sb.ToString();

txtRunDate.Value = DateTime.Today.ToShortDateString();

}



William
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2013
11 answers
195 views

in the Q1 2012 release of the Silverlight Reporting control the attribute

telerik1:StyleManager.Theme="Windows7"

isn't working anymore.
I get the error:

Fehler 85 A ResourceDictionary '/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Windows7;component/Themes/Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.xaml' cannot be found. Please make sure that references to the needed theme assemblies have been added to the project. C:\Documents and Settings ...

Is it possible that you forgot to implement this style?

Regards
Dirk

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2013
1 answer
1.5K+ views
I tried to add a Report in my MVC project and tried to add SQL datasource to the report.
At Configure DataSource Command I have selected Stored Procedure and my selected stored procedure contains two parameters of type datetime.
On ExecuteQuery when I give value "07/01/2013" for parameters of type datetime error occurs saying "Failed to convert parameter value from a string to a DateTime."
Tried giving the above value in following formats but still error persist.
"07/01/2013"
'07/01/2013'
20130701
Please help me out from this and I am new to telerik reporting.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2013
2 answers
241 views
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone could tell me how to implement some custom logic around page breaks & borders in a telerik report.

Please see the attached "output screenshot.png". The issue should be obvious - I need to put a bottom border on the top page, and a bottom border on the middle page, at the point that the page has broken.

I wish to be able to tell from a condition (or property on the report) whether the current row in the DetailSection is the final one on any page so I can insert a horizontal line in places like after point 4.2 (top page in screenshot). Using a page footer is not suitable because of situations like after condition 4.5 (middle page in screenshot), where the subsequent item is long so the page breaks further up the page. Unless, there is a way to tell how much of the page has been cleared by the page break, so I would be able to extend the vertical bars down to the bottom?

At the moment, the vertical bar length in each row is bound to a method, which calculates it based on the length of the text, so it appears as one long continuous vertical bar.

Can anyone tell me how to implement this?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2013
2 answers
283 views
Hi
I have a small test website on the untrusted side of my firewall and I need to know what port telerik uses to pass parameters to a stored procedure.
I can access the db fine when the SQL is embedded in the report but not when it is using a stored procedure.
Thanks
Andy
Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2013
1 answer
194 views
Hi
I have an application that needs to print several hundred pre-existing PDF files based on user selection.
Is it possible to get Reportviewer to print these files and preferably silently?

`The application would provide a list of PDF filenames and reporting could loop trough that list and print all the files in one go.
At the moment the user gets x-number of printerdialogs......not user frendly.

regards
Alexander
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2013
4 answers
148 views
Hi

If the pie chart has one of its four data points equaling zero it will not print correctly or export to pdf correctly. Yet if it has a value greater than zero it will work as normal see screen shots.

Unsure how to fix this as it renders in html fine?

Thanks
Duncan

 
Duncan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Aug 2013
5 answers
599 views
Hi

I am wanting to do something like the Product Catalog example where I have a long list of the same "report" that has different data in it.  Unfortunately, my data is generated dynamically at runtime and I cannot tie it to a sql table.  I have tried adding all my reports which I generate into a report book, but it creates a page break after each report and I don't want that but otherwise the functionality is what I want.  Is there a way to add multiple subreports dynamically?  I have also seen the example here: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/reporting/telerik-reporting/113406-sub-reports.aspx but my data will also not always be the same size so it would be difficult to specify size and location.

Alex
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2013
1 answer
390 views
I have a project using Telerik Reporting 2013 Q2.  All was going well until I attempted to export my report to an external file (I had been testing using a Telerik Report Viewer).  when I export my report I get multiple blank pages interspersed in the report.  I have looked at the post http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/general/problem-telerik-reporting-renders-blank-pages.aspx but that is not my problem.  Here is a code sample of my code:

 Dim rg As New MainReport

            rg.txtReportName.Value = "Contractor One"
            rg.txtRunDate.Value = Now.Date.ToShortDateString

            rg.ReportGuid = xxxxxx
          
            rg.GenerateReport()

            Dim rs As New Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource
            rs.ReportDocument = rg

            Dim tf As New testform
            tf.ReportViewer1.ReportSource = rs
            tf.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()
            tf.ShowDialog()

            Dim processor As New Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor
            Dim deviceInfo As New Hashtable
         
            Dim rr As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.RenderingResult

            rr = processor.RenderReport("PDF", rs, deviceInfo)

            System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes("d:\temp\pdfexp.pdf", rr.DocumentBytes)

The report displays fine in the Report Viewer but when it gets exported, blank pages appear randomly.

Alex
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?