Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers
438 views
my png image is stored on a Uri object and it has the following format
"pack://application:,,,/AppName.Modules.App.Shared;component/Images/AppName_logo.png"

how do I put this image into the .value property of a PictureBox element in my report.

regars.
Wadigzon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Aug 2013
3 answers
920 views
I have a report and i need to insert a page break based upon a group. I already know that i can insert page break after any report section. But i need to break page in the detail section. I have a scenario something like that:
There are some summary rows (Based on a customer). After the summary rows, I want to show the details against that customer. This goes on for multiple customers. I need to break page after one customer's data ends. Now, i need to know that is there a way to insert page breaks within a section (Not after a section, i know it is possible).

I know this is not possible, but is this functionality added in the latest version (2013 Q1)...?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Aug 2013
1 answer
115 views
Hi all,
Please can anybody help me out that how this report should be implemented. i'm totally getting freaking out... and the deadline is closed ahead..

kind regards
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Aug 2013
1 answer
142 views
Hi,
we are developing a custom report designer for end users. The designer works against the CLR API while reports are persisted as serialized trdx.

To provide our designer with additional information, we decided to extend some of the classes. While this works just fine in some cases, it breaks the serialization in others.

Working example:
public class ExtendedColumn : TableBodyColumn
{
  public string Name { get; set; }
}


Broken example:
public class ExtendedTable : Table
{
  public int HeaderHeight { get; set; }
}

While the additional property is in fact being serialized, some parts of the base class are not. In this case the table's xml node '<Corner />' remains empty and the table body's node '<Cells/>' is missing.

Is there another way to achieve the desired behavior?

Kind regards
Sebastian
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2013
7 answers
407 views
well the code below works fine on development machine but when moving it to the web i get the error in the graphic.

Here is the code:
private void crosstab1_NeedDataSource(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
  using (EntitiesModel dbContext = new EntitiesModel())
  {
    int dealid = Global.GetInt32(this.ReportParameters["dealID"].Value.ToString());
    int version = Global.GetInt32(this.ReportParameters["version"].Value.ToString());
    bool amended = Global.GetBool(this.ReportParameters["amended"].Value.ToString());
    bool postContract = Global.GetBool(this.ReportParameters["postContract"].Value.ToString());
    bool staging = Global.GetBool(this.ReportParameters["staging"].Value.ToString());
    bool commOption = Global.GetBool(this.ReportParameters["commOption"].Value.ToString());
 
    IEnumerable<rsDealsDealerOpt> d = dbContext.GetDealsDealerOptions(dealid, version, postContract, staging, amended, commOption);
 
    crosstab1.DataSource = d;
  }
Any thoughts on what is going on?

Thanks,
Richard

richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
2 answers
142 views
Hello.

Using version 6.2.12.1017 with Silverlight. 
I have a cross tab report with NeedDataSource event loading report data. The report has toggle visibility actions to collapse/expand cross tab row/column groups. On my dev box everything works as expected.

Once deployed to QA environment, toggle actions result in empty report, not blank but like if no data.

After some research I found that on my dev box NeedDataSource is fired only once, toggle actions don't fire it. I guess in this case data is taken from cache. But in QA I see NeedDataSource is fired for every toggle click. In addition to in, despite of multiple event firing, report items binding doesn't work, that's why report is empty.

Could someone point me to some solution for this. I checked configuration, files, everything is the same with my dev box. Now have no idea what can cause such misbehavior.

Thanks in advance.



Dmitry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
1 answer
473 views
There is documentation on how to program a Graph (http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/graphhowtocreateprogrammaticallygraph.html), but I can't find any to programmatically create a Telerik Report.- How do you do this?

I have tried this, but am not sure if I am on the right track?
Following the Graph's tutorial, what Telerik.Reporting.Report() properties must I set, other than 'Name'?


    public partial class Report1 : Telerik.Reporting.Report
    {
        public Report1()
        {
            //InitializeComponent();  //Not used, as not using Designer...right??
 
            //Set up the datasource:
            Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource sqlDataSource = new Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource();
            sqlDataSource.ProviderName = "System.Data.SqlClient";
            sqlDataSource.ConnectionString = "Data Source=...";
            sqlDataSource.SelectCommand = "SELECT...";
 
            //Instantiate report:
            var report = new Telerik.Reporting.Report();
            report.Name = "theReport"; //What other properties must I set??
             
            //Set the data item's DataSource property to the SQL datasource:
            report.DataSource = sqlDataSource;
 
            //Some parameters:
            sqlDataSource.Parameters.Add("@Fields.Name", System.Data.DbType.String, "Blade");
 
            //Export to PDF:
            exportToPDF(report);
             
           }
}
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
2 answers
977 views
I'm working on a report where I am grouping items together in Panels so that I can correctly dock elements to achieve the right layout.  I have the individual items set to CanShrink = true and CanGrow = true, however the Panels seem to remain the same size.

Is there a way to autosize Panels to their contents?
Daniel Mettler
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
2 answers
1.6K+ views
Hello,

I have to print a barcode in a little label! 37mm with... value lenght is 14... Appears error "Barcode lenght 14 is too large to fit" in report designer!

Is possible to adjust some size properties??

I know that is possible print this barcode in this label, because I do it this programing directly in ZPL (Programing Language)
(attached image)

Any idea or solutions?

Thanks in advanced

Jordi
Jordi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
2 answers
515 views
I have the following scenario:

in one line I have, textbox1, textbox2, and textbox3

textbox2 will always be the separator ">" (constant width)

textbox1 and textbox3 will come from a data source, given that I set up the width of textbox1 and textbox3 as a fixed value with the
mouse in design mode. There will always be empty spaces (when text is shorter) or text cut out (when text is longer), texbox1 is
left justified, textbox3 is right justified. I would like avoid empty spaces in between and put the nicely text on the report whatever the value of the data is. This implies setting the width of textbox1 and textbox3 dynamically to account for the amount of text in the incoming data. and probably also changing the location X value of the text so that text appears one next to the other ( I would like to avoid empty spaces as much as possible)

regards,
Wadigzon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Aug 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?