Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
96 views
Hi,
how can i set more graphs on the Report programically?
I have a List of Data, and i want have for every Data an own graph.
This is dynamically via a for loop...because i don't now at the start how many graphs i need

something like that:
for(var i = 0; i<List.count; i++){
var graph = new Graph()
......
}

But how and where?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2013
1 answer
299 views
Hi,

it is quite common for our reports to have optional parameters. In the WinForms viewer, they can be left empty by checking the "null" box next to them. The HTML5 viewer on the other hand, does not provide a way to do so.
Sadly, our customers were not satisfied with the presentation of available parameter values as a list. Therefore, we extended the default parameter editors with kendo select boxes via the options object. While we can now choose to leave parameters empty on the front end, the parameter validators still require the array of available values to contain an empty entry.

Is there a way to allow empty parameters without adding null to the parameter's data source? Doing so would have side effects on our WinForms application.

Kind Regards
Axel Wilczek
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2013
1 answer
182 views
Hello,

I'm new in Telerik Reporting, and haved started to see the telerik example : CSharp.Html5Demo.

When I launch this demo, the report is not displayed, I have a white page with the toolbar, but if I export the report in PDF I have a good result.

You can see the result in the picture.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Laurent
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2013
1 answer
114 views
Good Day All,
Please is it possible to email a report on a click of a button. any ideas or how to do it
Thank you
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Dec 2013
6 answers
650 views
I have an WPF app with ReportViewer in one project and in another are all the telerik reports.
Via this app, I'll be calling the report selected in the dropdown to view.
Also I have the associated reports class name in the database.
I have the following snipet and it doesn't seem to work:

using (DBEntities db = new DBEntities(DBConnection.EntityModelConnectionString()))
{
   Report report = db.Reports.FirstOrDefault(r => r.ReportID == ReportID);

   Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.ReportViewer _reportViewer = new Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.ReportViewer();
   ReportViewerPlaceholder.Content = _reportViewer;
   _reportViewer.ReportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.TypeReportSource { TypeName = report.ClassName }
}

Am I missing something? An example will be great.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2013
1 answer
265 views
How do I display x axis column labels on the top and bottom of a report?  I am using the Line chart with a Vertical Series Orientation.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2013
5 answers
459 views
Is it possible to export to .txt ?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2013
1 answer
147 views
When creating the Area Graph and also the bar graph I noticed the tics are actually the space between the data points on the axis.  Is there a way on the area and line graph to have the ticks line up with the data point? 
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2013
1 answer
237 views
Hello, 

I was changing a pie charts over to the new pie graph (polar) in the latest Reporting (Q3 2013), and I was wondering how can you show the labels as a percentage of the total in the pie graph? Right now I have it showing the dollar value, but we want percent. Do I need to do this in the data before binding?


Thank you. 
NerdBrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Dec 2013
1 answer
208 views
I am calling a stored procedure from my report and passing in two parameters.  The first parameter is a SQL tinyiny, the second parameter is a SQL user defined data type named [OMS].[Lot_Number].  The data type is actually of type char(10).  In any case, when I attempted to programically set the parameter of the lot_number, and end users attempt to view the report, the query disregards the parameter.

To make this even more strange, when the developers run the exact code, the report functions as designed.

So after spending several, SEVERAL hours looking into the issue and passing blame amongst others in my IT department, I removed the user defined data type and defined it as char(10).  When the end users ran the report, the report finally produced the correct data.

This here is where I ask, does the report engine accept user defined data types and if so, how to pass the parameter to the stored procedure?

I appreciate  your help.

Regards,
Bob
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?