This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Area Graph xAxis Format

1 Answer 96 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
Frank asked on 12 Nov 2013, 02:02 PM

I have been having an issue the area chart in the Telerik reporting for WPF.  I have a sql query that returns a seriesID, DateTime, and Account Value. 

When I set the chart up I set the GraphGroup Collection to the Valuation Date. 

For the Series I have the Category Group set to the ValuationDateGroup, the Series GroupI have the series ID, for the Y I have the sum of the Account Value.

For the Graph Coordinate System the x axis is CategoryScale and the yAxis is NumericalScale

I can get the graph to display this way but I cannot get the date on the x axis to format without the time, and when I change the xAxis to DateTimeScale the graph is blank.

I want to be able to format the date to just show date and then only show the lables on the x axis ever 6 months.

I created these reports originally with an earlier version but they did not work so I upgraded the controls to the most recent.   Now when I change the XAxis to DateTimeScale VS2008 errors out and closes.  I can go to the designer.cs and code the report to DateTimeScale and it will run but I still have the same issue.

I had contacted Phone support and Rick Hellwege told me to set the Data.x propery of the Graph to DateTime, but I cannot find this property anywhere.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 13 Nov 2013, 04:57 PM
Hi Frank,

That's right, in order to be able to format the axis labels in DateTime format, you should use DateTime scale.
Please note that in order to use the DateTime scale, you should set your series' X property to a DateTime field.
You can take a look at this how-to article, which explains how to show series on a DateTime scale.

Also note that Visual Studio 2008 is not supported since Q2 2013 so please check the development requirements again.

In case you still have problems, please send us a runnable example of your report in a support ticket so we could test it on our side.

Regards,
Ivan Hristov
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
Share this question
or