Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
182 views
Good day,

I have a fully functional website on IIS6, my current task is upgrade it to IIS7.
Everything appears to be working fine other then reporting.

When a report is generated this is the displayed page source code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY>
</
HTML>


After search I found some related issues and solutions that I have implemented and the result was always a blank page.

this is my current web.config
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
  <configSections>
    <section name="Telerik.Reporting" type="Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Config.ReportingConfigurationSection, Telerik.Reporting, Version=3.1.9.807, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" allowLocation="true" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>
  </configSections>
  <appSettings>
    <!-- dev -->
    <add key="accClaimWebConnectionString" value="CME0rJ+FT2AoDEk9a3JomfWpK5by++v/bC/QKsW71l4Y7OUwN65GucGHYSSpX5OY4kePFmod7a8tNUKhHMLrlMGHYSSpX5OYh4ur7tDkswz3viVcWvXPL4f+p3iJSxm/0zB4G9LeBbyIzA5K1JVr266qBUcXhinY/nuHgP34Jz9eZfbwYGm1CN1kgP/gku8hchFZJPC83+jpSlVCC+gMpJJ19rxh0J2dquwCxyYi6aI=" />
<add key="highprivConnectionString" value="CME0rJ+FT2AoDEk9a3JomfWpK5by++v/bC/QKsW71l4Y7OUwN65GucGHYSSpX5OY4kePFmod7a8tNUKhHMLrlMGHYSSpX5OYLQ0Nu12WjplNtwCo/GIg7XShA0JWfY1QdCztZzlI+5/2oE5DgKQ+RxahiwEfToWxgy3YPyOAibhgVJoXqmdzYA4Ub8QxBqUe0eb/nBGm2EkGpQfU4XtI7BRZ3SnH/SMXiH+etDb5kMQ=" />
<add key="rfidConnectionString" value="CME0rJ+FT2AoDEk9a3JomfWpK5by++v/bC/QKsW71l4Y7OUwN65GucGHYSSpX5OY8FTuu4PJq1YtNUKhHMLrlMGHYSSpX5OYBnEhDaY8aef3viVcWvXPLwixSbaArmqno3OHPQSjDPmIzA5K1JVr266qBUcXhinY/nuHgP34Jz9eZfbwYGm1CN1kgP/gku8htF+DHL570NE=" />
    <add key="rfidDatabaseName" value="SysTestAccClaimWebRfid"/>
    <add key="sessionTimeoutLeadTimeMinutes" value="15"/>
  </appSettings>
  <connectionStrings/>
  <system.web>
    <pages validateRequest="false" enableEventValidation="false" controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5" clientIDMode="AutoID">
      <controls>
        <add tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"/>
        <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>
        <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms"/>
        <add tagPrefix="msel" namespace="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.Integration.AspNet" assembly="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.Integration.AspNet"/>
        <add tagPrefix="uc" namespace="Mvac.ServerControls"/>
      </controls>
    </pages>
    <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
      <assemblies>
        <add assembly="Telerik.Reporting, Version=3.1.9.807, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>
        <add assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=3.1.9.807, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Services, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Transactions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Management, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Configuration.Install, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.DirectoryServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.DirectoryServices.Protocols, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.ServiceProcess, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.RegularExpressions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
      </assemblies>
    </compilation>
    <httpHandlers>
      <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.Upload.RadUploadProgressHandler, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"/>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"/>
      <add path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=3.1.9.807, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" />
 <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>
    <httpModules>
      <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
    </httpModules>
    <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    <identity impersonate="true"/>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
            <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
            <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
        </customErrors>
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="45960"/>
    <!-- executionTimeout (default) is 110s or 1.83m-->
    <sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="60" cookieless="true" regenerateExpiredSessionId="true"/>
  </system.web>
  <system.web.extensions>
    <scripting>
      <!--
      <scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true" />
      -->
    </scripting>
  </system.web.extensions>
  <system.webServer>
    <modules>
      <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" preCondition="managedHandler"/>
    </modules>
    <handlers>
      <add verb="*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.WebControls.RadUploadProgressHandler, RadUpload.Net2"/>
      <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd_*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
      <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx_*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
      <add name="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx_*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.Upload.RadUploadProgressHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
      <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd_*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
      <add name="ScriptResource.axd_GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" verb="GET,HEAD" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
      <add name="*_AppService.axd_*" path="*_AppService.axd" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
      <add name="*.asmx_*" path="*.asmx" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
      <add name="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd_*" path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=3.1.9.807, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
</handlers>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
  </system.webServer>
  <!-- The configSectins element should be the first child element of configuration -->
  <Telerik.Reporting>
    <Extensions>
      <Render>
        <Extension name="CSV">
          <Parameters>
            <Parameter name="NoHeader" value="true"/>
            <Parameter name="NoStaticText" value="true"/>
          </Parameters>
        </Extension>
      </Render>
    </Extensions>
  </Telerik.Reporting>
</configuration>

Could someone please assist on this issue?

Thank you,
RC

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Dec 2013
3 answers
296 views
Hello. If I try to use WPF latest release (1204) and latest Reporting (1016) I have error: Reporting Controls need wpf controls of 1016 version. When will be new Reporting release for latest wpf version?
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Dec 2013
3 answers
334 views
When I install a new version of Visual Studio and the Telerik menu is not there, do I have to reinstall Telerik to get it there or is there a way to copy it from the previous version of Visual Studio to the new version?  This was a side by side install of visual studio, not an upgrade.
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2013
4 answers
342 views
Hi all,

I use db2 database with Odbc data provider and Telerik Report Designer Q3 2013.
I have a table which has a blob data of a picture. When I tried to select it, I take an error  "Unknown SQL type - -98".
I can't find any documentation or solution about it. Can you please help?

Error Screen Shot

Thanks,
Mustafa 
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2013
1 answer
147 views
Hello,
I've the following scenario, I've got a collection that's bound to a Report, the report has 4 groups and in the last GroupHeader I've a subreport

I need to group on

ID_FIELD1
ID_FIELD2
ID_FIELD3
ID_FIELD4

I've created the grouping and it seems to work...I've got problem with setting the report source (it's null in the subreport)

I've checked at NeedDataSource of subreport and

private void subReport1_NeedDataSource_1(object sender, EventArgs e)
     {
         var sub = sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.SubReport;
 
         var datasource = sub.Report.DataSource; //here data are splitted correctly
        
     }
 in the subreport I always have null

can you please provide me how to fetch the data in the inner source?
Thanks


Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2013
3 answers
180 views
Hi,

I have a few reports that require me to call my own assemblies to format some data. For example, I have an extension Method that translates an enumeration to some resource string:

   = MyClass.GetEnumResource(Fields.ItemStatus)

Aditionally, I also need to make comparisons with my own types for formatting purposes. Something like:

 = IIF(Fields.OrderStatus = MyEnumeration.Refused, " n/a", Fields.OrderPrice)

Problem is, any reference to an external assembly or type generates the dreaded "The expression contains object 'xxxx' that is not defined in the current context". I've also tried to Assembly.Load("MyAssembly") in the report construtor, but to no avail...

I'm aware that there is a solution for the standalone report designer, which involves configuring it's XML config file, but I'm running my reports with Report processor. Something like this:

MyReport report = new MyReport ();
report.DataSource = myModelData;
 
ReportProcessor reportProcessor = new ReportProcessor();
InstanceReportSource instanceReportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();
 
instanceReportSource.ReportDocument = report ;
 
RenderingResult result = reportProcessor.RenderReport("PDF", instanceReportSource, null);
 
return result.DocumentBytes;

Is it possible to tell the ReportProcessor where to find my assemblies?

Thanks!
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2013
3 answers
117 views
Hi guys,
I've got a report, with the Table items inside the section. I use this to show child data.
I use filter expressions on the Tables to only show the relevant child data.

I've having performance issues, and when I trace the SQL I can see that the SqlDataSource is being repopulated for every master record.
Surely this is not correct? But I'm not sure the correct way to configure this?

See screenshot showing how one of my Table objects is configured.

Thanks,

Pat.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2013
3 answers
223 views
Hello,
I have a need to be able to parse the list of Report Parameters from a TRDX report file. Can I do this through the Telerik Reporting API, or should I simply load and parse the TRDX as an XML document?

Thanks!
Kyle Smith
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Dec 2013
6 answers
213 views
Hello,

I'm having an error when trying to export a report to Excel. The error is:

"Attempting  to get range {7,73}{11,1}. Merged=False, Parent=Sheet1[0], that intersects with an already merged range."

What is the meaning of this? Export to other format work fine.

Thank you for your help.
LM
Marek
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Dec 2013
12 answers
622 views
I am just getting started with Telerik Reporting.  I installed the Q2 2012 version and added a report to my project.  First,the Report Wizard did not start when I added the report.  I had to start it from the Telerik |Reporting menu.

Second, I attempted to add a DataSource for the report and got to the "Create New Data Source" dialog box.  That dialog instructs the user to, "Select the desired data source type from the list below then specify a unique nam for the new data source component to create."  I have attached a screen shot of that dialog box to this post.

The problem is that no data source types are listed in this dialog box.  Any ideas?
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Dec 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?