Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
337 views
Hi. I'm using a simple crosstab to generate totals and percentages, which I have already completed successfully
My data rows are as follows:

[=Fields.NameOfField]
Totals (Of each column)
Percentages (Of each column)
Savings (Of Each Column) <--- (This is what I want to calculate)

MAIN QUESTION ---> For the row labelled 'Savings', it is not just a count of what is in each column. I'd like to calculate my 'Savings' in a new row, based on what the Name of my Field is (Pseudo-ish code below), preferably in an EXPRESSION in the Telerik Report DESIGNER:

Savings = SUM( IF (Fields.NameOfField = 'Name1'), THEN (Savings = (1000-200) * Fields.Column1)
IF (Fields.NameOfField = 'Name2'), THEN (Savings = (750-150) * Fields.Column1) IF (Fields.NameOfField = 'Name3'), THEN (Savings = (500-100) * Fields.Column1) )

...But I am unsure how to generate a total this way. Please advise : )
Hinata
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Jan 2014
2 answers
631 views

I have been fighting this for over a week.  Digging through documentation, forums, bing, google, trial and error etc...  And for some reason I cannot figure out how to do something that should be simple.


The Scenario.

I have a data object, for example we will call it GroupDTO.  This object consists of some properties, for Example GroupName and GroupID.  It also has a property that is a list of another data object, we shall call it UserDTO, and the property on GroupDTO is List<UserDTO>.  UserDTO contains properties such as LogIn, FirstName and LastName.  Lets say the first groups name is Administrators and the second groups name is Commoners.  On my report I want it to show as...



Administrators

     Name

     Smith, John

     Doe, John

Commoners

     Name

     Doe, Jane



I have tried creating a list, setting my DataSource to GroupDTO.  Then setting it to a List<GroupDTO>.  This works.  Then I tried adding a row inside the group and inserting a second list into that row.  I set its DataSource to UserDTO then I created a binding of DataSource = ReportItem.DataObject.Users.  I added a row to this list outside of the group above and put Name in the first column.  Then in the second row (inside the group) I have two columns, one for LastName, and one for FirstName .  What I end up with is ....



Administrators

     Name

     Smith, John

     Doe, John

Commoners

     Name

     Smith, John

     Doe, John

Administrators

     Name

     Smith, John

     Doe, John

Commoners

     Name

     Smith, John

     Doe, John



So for some reason it is duplicating my group names, and then under the groups instead of getting the users for that group I get the users for the first group every time.  Can anyone send an example that works for my scenario, or figure out what I may be doing wrong?  I have verified that my data is correct in my List<GroupDTO>.  I am also using Telerik Reporting Q3 2010 version.

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Dec 2013
3 answers
173 views
Hi,

Sorry for my poor english ;)

I use wizard to create a report. In wizard I can access to all properties of exPerio, but I can't on any members of the list. Have you an Idea to solve this ?

Thanks you.

public class ReportEnCirculationVM
    {
        public IList<MembreCirculation> membresCirculation { get; set; }
        public ExemplairePeriodique exPerio { get; set; }
...
}

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2013
7 answers
586 views
Hi,

I need report which at first rendering report with data source. My data source is given below:

SELECT
        ,firstname
        ,lastname
        ,email
        ,amount
        ,madeon
        ,comments
    FROM
    [donor]
    INNER JOIN [transaction] ON transaction_pk = transaction_id

At first report is rendering using this data source. That mean user see all data in the report. Now  user want to filtering by firstname. So i need a text box which user is using to filter. User see all firstname in the report. So if user put any firstname in the text box then the report is filtering and report content is only containing the firstname  that user enter in the text box. we also need  two date parameter like start date and end date that maps to madeon. So contain will come in the report between start date and end date.


I need an example like this.
Please reply me as early as possible.
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Dec 2013
2 answers
199 views


Hi,
    Sub Report data not display here.
    Here attach my screen shot
  Report1 is My Report design page (Including my sub report)
  Report2 is Data display only Master Report not in sub report
  How to solve?

Thanks,
Ansari

KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Dec 2013
2 answers
199 views
Hi,
I've created crosstab report using designer. In one cell I've added sub-report. Everything works
What's the problem?
If nothing is return height of the cell is the same as height of the sub-report. If I create conditional formatting rule (If no data hide sub-report) I got cells with OK height but without border.
Can I define that cell itself has border or is there a possibility to shrink sub-report conditionally?
In attachment you can see report with conditional hiding of subreport on (noborder.png) and off(border.png)
Draxtor
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Dec 2013
4 answers
623 views
Hello,

I try to use expression to display the Text proprety :

=IIF(Fields.Approuvee = 0,"Non approuvée", null)


But it's not working.   The field seem null.  I try ReportParametrer and it's ok.  I put a textbox to display Fields.Approuvee and I can see it.

Any help will be appreciate.

Have nice Holiday.
Louis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 24 Dec 2013
1 answer
144 views

The Report Viewer is showing:







Jones



    FirstName                      Position                           Age



     Fred                               Engineer                         45



     Harold                            Janitor                             36



Smith



     FirstName                     Position                            Age



      Sally                             Secretary                         32



      Mary                             Attorney                           33



                         











I want to show this:







Jones -------------------------------------------------------



FirstName: Fred



Position: Engineer



Age: 45







FirstName
: Harold



Position: Janitor



Age: 36







Smith ----------------------------------------------------------



FirstName: Sally



Position: Secretary



Age: 32







FirstName: Mary



Position: Attorney



Age: 33







Notice how those who share the same last name are under the same LastName header.

I want to have a row layout not a column layout.

Is this possible?



Also, how do you page break?  The Report Viewer keeps doing this:



Jones

------------------------------ PAGE BREAK --------------------------

      FirstName                                     Position                                          Age

      Fred                                              Engineer                                         45

      Harold                                           Janitor                                            36  

   



It's splitting my groups up.

Any suggestions?



















 



Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Dec 2013
3 answers
285 views
Dear Support,

We are using Telerik Reporting 2010 Q3 in our application which is hosted on Azure as WebRole (1 instance).
We would like to increase amount of instances, but we faced well know issue with the Session State mode. Our current Session State mode "in-proc", but we would like to remove all dependences from that.

After very deep research I have found that Telerik ReportViewer is using Session State, could you explain me in more details how and why?
Does it means that we can not remove all dependences from the Session State, because Telerik ReportViewer still needs to use it?
We do not want to use "out-proc" Session State mode, since Microsoft Cache service still in preview plus due to some other internal reasons!
Is it possible to display Report without ReportViewer, since it is only ReportViewer needs to use Session State?
We are also considering to keep using "in-proc" SessionState if Telerik Reporting allow to do that with Multiple instances.

Please give me answers as soon as you can, because I am fighting with this already few weeks.

Thank you in advance!

Illia.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Dec 2013
1 answer
705 views
Hello,

I have applied a RadDockLayout which includes two RadDockZones. The user can change it's layout which is saved in sqlserver. One of the dock zone includes asp repeater control which includes some divs and some other elements each with float left in css. The other dock zone includes only one RadTextBox.

Now I want to create it's telerik report with the same layout the user has saved also with same design. Can anybody please tell me how would I create such a dynamic report? Also, if possible please provide some sample codes.

Thanks
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Dec 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?