Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
143 views
I have a group (county) which can have data or be empty.  How can I change the group expression, to group data when group field is empty, and group matching criteria.  Is there a way to add a second grouping to a group and change "IsEmpty" to true?

- Thank you for the help, Bryan.
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2014
1 answer
247 views
Hi there,

we are evaluating telerik reporting engine!

We want to generate reports that should be printed automaticly to a networkprinter. I coded this (VB.net and WinForms) from the examples here:

http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/m_telerik_reporting_processing_reportprocessor_printreport.html



The printer itself is a tool which analyses the document and depending on its content adds some barcodes. But this does'nt work. Because the Printer gets an image with a lower resolutions as needed, the OCR of the tool didn't recognizes anything und the workflow fails.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Even if I Export the Report first to PDF the OCR fails. The only way is to Export it as RTF and then print it from MS Word, but this is not applicable on all Clients!

Regards

Torsten

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2014
4 answers
171 views
Hi All,

I use a crosstab on my report. And I need 13 columns, regardless of how much column binded.

Is there a way to do it?

Example is drawn in paint 
Mustafa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2014
1 answer
160 views
The reports we are using in our project have a  main report and couple of sub reports embedded within them. The report dll we are using is Version 6.2.12.1017. We are using report viewer for Silverlight for displaying the report.
The default language for the reports are English(US). When a report is loaded in the report viewer for the 1st. time, all the localizations take effect perfectly.

But, if the same report is refreshed or regenerated for some new parameter (not the 1st, time load) it fails to localize properly. In this case (refresh or change in parameter) only the sub reports are displayed with the right language. But the label texts in the main report show up in the default language.

I have checked on the server side where report is generated that the current culture of the thread is correct (not the default English). Yet, the conversion does not take effect in only the main report texts even though the sub reports embedded within it work perfectly.

Our product is already in Beta phase. Hence, we are in urgent need of resolution for this. Hope, you can help us with this.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jan 2014
1 answer
200 views
Hi,

I created a report category which include a list of reports. I can link to a report, for example report A. However if I also have a textbox in report A
 whose action links to another report B, I cannot link to B. The cursor is not like hand.

Report preview all works fine. It just doesn't work when displaying report from html5 report viewer. Do I have anything wrong?

Thanks.

Amber
amber
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2014
7 answers
728 views
I have a nice table all nicely formatted with one slight flaw. I have the column headers coloured blue and the a dark blue shaded top border and bottom border on the column headers. Now to make the table easier to read I used the conditional formatting to change every other row background colour to grey. It works beautifully except for one slight flaw, if the alternate row is at the top of the page the bottom border edge of column header row becomes extremely thin. So I thought if I could make an additional conditional formatting rule to account for the first row it would fix the issue however I can't seem to find of way of telling which row number starts at top of the page.

I have my table in the group header section so that I can get my headers on every page and also so that I can group based on a column in the report and page break every time a new code is found. I was thinking I could also limit the number of rows per page so that it would fix that way making sure an even number of rows the issue would never happen. I attempted to do this, however I wasn't able to combine the two conditions, I keep getting error saying I can't have aggregate function in the group filter I was attempting to add "Int((RowNumber()-1)/30)"  to my existing group which is in the form = Fields.someField.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2014
9 answers
355 views
Hi,

I'm trying to emebbed a report viewer in a Silverlight Web application. I've got a reportviewer object in a window and the empty template of my first report loads normally. The problem started with the data population. I need to change some parameters and retrive the data by a WCF service. My first thought was to change the reportViewer.DataContext to pass an ObservableCollection or a list to the report with the data from my service. But it didn't work.

My second thought is to change dinamically the reportviewer.ReportServiceUri, so I've dessigned a litle REST WFC service (asking for /GiveMeReport/Report1 retreives the Report1, using /GiveMeReport/Report2 the second one,etc. and in the reportviewer change the Uri using Urls like ReportServiceUri=http://localhost/Service.svc/GiveMeReport/Report1). I don't know if this is possible but I just started mounting this WCF service and spent 2hours looking for documentation to do this and I didn't find anything. Do I have to send a Telerik.Reporting.Service.Report or a stream? How to implement IReportService and IResourceService?

Can you please send me a link with documentation or a code sample?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you. 
Mehmet
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2014
11 answers
3.4K+ views
Hi,
 I updated the 2008 version to 2011 version of telerik reporting and am having trouble with some reports, it gives the error: 'value of the parameter of the report invalid'
Help me pleaseeee!!
Jimmy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Jan 2014
3 answers
838 views
When adding a Ole Db Data source from Telerik Reporting, 8 OLE DB providers are listed. But there 13 OLE DB providers in visual studio's server explorer. I need to use the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual Studio. I can use this provider from my .NET web applications. Isn't it possible to use it from Telerik Reporting?
Ali
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jan 2014
5 answers
867 views
I'm trying to create a report book but I'm not sure how to do it.  I reviewed the documentation on report books but there doesn't seem to be any examples on creating one.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?