renderselectedpageonly

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. appdev
    appdev avatar
    223 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2009 Link to this post

i have 2 listboxes in the radmultipage and have set RenderSelectedPageOnly= true on the radtabstrip with 3 tabs. The problem that i run into is that if i move items over to second listbox and click on the third or first tab, it won't save all my changes on the listbox. i tried to enable  PersistClientChanges but still nothing in the second listbox get saved. however if i take out renderselectedpageonly, then it works fine. so is there away for me to say if next tab or previous is clicked on, render current page first before render the selected page? please help me. if that could be done in javascript that is great too but if you have both client and server side that would be great. thank you very much
  2. appdev
    appdev avatar
    223 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2009 Link to this post

this was a suggestion from your support 

but now my list doesn't have style sheet anymore. it just plain like this there's nothing but text like describe below, not even scrollbar or border of the listbox or arrow to transfer up or down. just period and text like below. just like <li>

. item1
    . item2
    .item3

and here is the code that support tech suggested away of working around it. please help. thank you

Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Render(ByVal writer As HtmlTextWriter)  
            MultiPage_Parameters.RenderSelectedPageOnly = True 
            MyBase.Render(writer)  
        End Sub 
  3. Peter
    Admin
    Peter avatar
    6637 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2009 Link to this post

Hi Duy,

You can try manually registering the the css styles for the controls that you use. RadControls' styling relies on:

1. A base css stylesheet which can be found at your local installation of Telerik controls in the Skins folder. It is named after the control. For example - Menu.css or Toolbar.css. By default, the base stylesheet is served as embedded resource. However,  you can manually register it by setting
    EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" and referencing the base css in your page
    <head runat="server">  
        <title></title>  
        <link href="Menu.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> 
    </head> 

2. Skin specific css stylesheet and images, which by default also come from the Telerik.Web.UI assembly. However, you can manually register a skin following this topic:
    http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/skinregistration.html

Please, try these suggestion and let us know if the problem persists.

Regards,
    Peter
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.